Immortal leveling - Vette or Jaesa?

eldefail

I've rerolled my juggernaut and have been wondering which of these two companions I should use for leveling. My previous run I used vette almost exclusively, and quinn for tough fights. Jaesa was super squishy but I hadn't bothered to gear her or anything.

I hear Jaesa's pretty good if you throw some decent gear on her so I was wondering which companion would be preferable to leveling immortal. Vette worked really well for me last time around but I thought I might give Jaesa a fair chance. So which companions did you guys use?

If both are similarily geared, both will pull similar DPS.

Now the kicker is melee vs ranged:

Melee :

Pro - if jaesa pulls from you, the target won't start running toward the backline

Con - if an aoe is targeted at you, chance are jaesa will also be caught in it.

Ranged are the opposite.

Imo, its mostly about who you prefer story wise. My LS mara quested with vette (she is to this day my favorite companion all class mixed, altough Kira on my new sentinel is giving her competition) and my DS jug has kept Jaesa with him since chapter 2 started.

LS Jaesa is not bad, but Vette is just so much more awesome.

I have no idea how the poster 2 post above me can stand to say Jaesa is "repulsive" lol. She is the sole REAL DS companion in the game.

I decided to try out Jaesa this time around, I'll keep her and Vette geared and see which one I'm more comfortable with.

Jaesa is repulsive because DS Jaesa is easily one of the most poorly written chaotic stupid characters I've ever encountered in a decent videogame.

Vette all the way.

1. she is not hit by by aoe

2. if she's attacked you can intercede back to her, or just taunt the straying mob, so it's not a problem that she stands 30m away (on contrary, it is great advantage - see point 3)

3. the mechanics of intercede to her and than leap back at mob is amazing --> rage build + 4 sec extra protection + free force scream + you drop her aggro.. I leap on her a back to mob(s) as much as i can. Combined with force push and taunts, you just pwn everything in the way (or better said, she just pwn everything in the way) :D

I love Vette. She's fun to play, and her witty comments still make me chuckle.

now, having said that, I geared up jaesa at endgame and when i run a DPS comp I run her (quinn has my cunning set). mostly because doing solo work as a Jugg endgame is all about massive damage to kill stuff Asap. jaesa and I both leap in there and wage total destruction. Her AoE damage helps out a great deal in that situation.

When im leveling (if it was either or), I'd prob go Vette. better control and single target damage is greater. But when it comes to leveling, im a fan of DPS spec and quinn. Don't like quinn as much (he's just....there...really), but DPS spec + quinn is simply the smoothest and fastest combo. but if it was between Vette and jaesa, i did Vette, then jaesa end game.

If it was based solely on personality and enjoyment of the comp, then Vette hands down. Even light side Jaesa creeps me out once in awhile. I feel like she's the psycho GF just waiting to blow.

Yeah, I feel that creepy girlfriend vibe. I played both warriors dark side so dark side Jaesa's awful personality is definitely a point of consideration for me. The whole thing came about when I grouped with somebody for a heroic and he had Jaesa all geared out in purples, she was awesome.

I think I'll craft some gear for Jaesa when I get her and give her a fair chance.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.