Player Speech Bubbles

Noobishlord

Pure and simple. The number of times I've walked by a person who was trying to talk to me in /say, a (semi-)common thing on an RP realm, and I don't notice because my eyes aren't focused on the Chat Box, they're focused on the world in front of my character, or his health bar and buffs.

It would be so nice to know when someone is talking to you.

I agree, and I hope the Dev's hear this plight. There was a thread here a while ago that was pretty popular about this subject. We need them for /say /emote, and /yell at least. They can scale the distances up and down too, to allow for yelling to be "louder" than normal talking. SWG had a great chat bubble system. If they introduced something similar to that I'd die lol.

Enable a toggle feature for those who hate them, and no one can complain.

• 3 weeks later...
...You honestly think we haven't gone over this? There's a thread with a few hundred comments on it saying the exact same thing.
Over a thousand, actually. Feel free to add your support to the following thread as well:

Chat Bubbles: Please add a toggle option to enable speech bubbles for say, yell and emote chat!

Make noise about the lack of chat bubbles wherever you can. Perhaps it will catch someone's attention.

Edited by Glzmo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.