What's with the blaster pistol in cut scenes?

FontusSW

I have been playing an Operative for a while now, and its starting to really bother me that in nearly every cut scene when i draw a gun, instead of my Rifle, i pull out this mysterious blaster pistol.

Sure it could be my "side arm" but if i remove my chest piece, its no where to be found.

My toon must be one sneaky operative i guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Since pre-release I've been asking for this to be changed to the Knife-slot item. To be honest, I think that Agents need to be able to "wield" their Vibroknife; make it a real, functional, game-world present item with discrete graphics. Allow it to be holstered where the pistol would be on other classes, and this would be fixed. Allow the player to press "X" and holster/brandish their knife just the same as their gun, so you can show off its visible graphic . Ensure that the proper graphic for the equipped knife would be used in knife-attack animations, instead of the canned "The same at level 1 as it is at level 50" attack animations!

From the very beginning of my time in SWTOR it just seemed like such a huge cut-corner to not provide graphics, visibility, and animation-use for Knife-slot items - or for that matter, all of the other offhand/secondary weapons and items used by classes that don't dual wield that have a slot in in your character sheet, but no game-world representation! It isn't fair that some classes get to have 2 "wieldables" with discrete graphics, visible holstered and in action, used in attack animations etc... and others don't! After all this time, especially the well known negative population effects, the development team should know that players don't like when corners are cut !

With Free-to-Play just about here, I really hope this is something that can be added in an update. Afterall this time I've lost quite a bit of faith, but still it would really convince me to spend more time in SWTOR and especially, with my Agent!

Edited by Ellipsys

The reason for Agents (and Troopers) is because each of those classes has an advanced class that wields a 'bigger' weapon that needs to be held differently than its counterpart AC with the smaller weapon. And since the animations for cinematics are based on your base class and no AC they gave them pistols as a workaround.

And you completely miss the point.

LOL. Yeah, I can't see how that missed either.

But, to your point, I've wondered the same thing. Your agent runs around with a blaster rifle and never has the ability to use a pistol, yet every single cut scene he's either got a blaster pistol holstered on his leg or shoving it in someone's face.

Eh well, BW never said they had to make sense of things >.>