[WIP] A Guide to F2P Essentials

GARhenus

DISCLAIMER: I'm staying subbed, just helping f2pers

Okay, since not everybody can cough up 15 dollars per month to pay a subscription, I need someone to help me figure out what an f2p player should -buy- to enjoy the game. I figured pvp guys wont need the respawn passes that much since they'll be in warzones most of the time, and pve guys don't need wz passes, etc. I don't want to hear a -just pay the subscription- argument; all I need is to find out which passes should be bought to provide a near- sub experience.

You WILL be a preferred status player once you bought the minimum quantity of cc coins so you'll get a free crew skill slot/cargo bay and other stuff that goes with preferred status

Here's the scenarios:

I'm not subscribed, but I'm willing to pay for cartel coins to unlock features that will improve my game without having to unlock unnecessary features

COSTS ARE CALCULATED as [PER CHARACTER/PER ACCOUNT] and Based on Information from Dulfy.net

A. I'm a PVE guy that enjoys operations, but I don't like warzones or PVP

PVE (no crafting)

=============================

Basics:

- 600/1350 Section X

- 1200/2700 artifact equipment license

- 250/540 1 extra quickbar

- 175(x3)/390(x3) 3 inventory upgrades

2575/5760 Cartel Coins= 1 time purchase total

weekly

- 240 flashpoints

- 240 operations

480/1920 Cartel Coins per week/month

optional

- 240 space missions

- 350/775 hide head slot

- 350/775 unify colors

- 90ea quick travel

- 500 medical probes

- 120 major xp boost (3hrs)

B. I'm a PVP guy, and I don't really need Flashpoints or Operations

PVP (no crafting)

Basics:

- 250/540 1 extra quickbar

- 175(x1)/390(x1) 1 inventory upgrade

1625/4410 Cartel Coins= 1 time purchase total

weekly

- 240 warzone weekly pass

240 Cartel Coins per week

optional

- 350/775 hide head slot

- 350/775 unify colors

- 50 major valor boost (3hrs)

C. I just want a level 50 character that I can use for RP purposes, I'm content with the class quests

RP (no crafting, pve, or pvp)

Basics:

- 250/540 extra quickbar

- 175/390 1 inventory upgrade

- 350/775 hide head slot

- 350/775 unify colors

- 325/725 crew member appearance

- 100/200 legacy name

2750/6105 Cartel Coins= 1 time purchase total

D. I just want the class stories and treat it like a single player game. meh

Solo (no crafting, light pve and pvp)

Basics:

- 250/540 extra quickbar

- 175/390 1 inventory upgrade

1625/3630 Cartel Coins= 1 time purchase total

E. (bonus) I enjoy both and I'd rather be subscribed but I don't have a credit card and prepaid cards are unavailable... (WHY?!)

- MAKE A PAYPAL ACCOUNT AND SUB! (aka way more than 15$)

F. (bonus 2) Aside from those mentioned above, what passes do I need if I wanted to be a crafter?

Crafting and Trading (total cost can be added to the ones above)

Basics:

- 420/945 2 extra crew skill slot

- 475/1050 1 extra cargo bay

- 125(x2)/280(x2) 20 GTN sell slots

1145/2555 Cartel Coins = 1 time purchase total

please put it in a bulleted list (plus maybe a short explanation)

thank you very much

Edited by GARhenus

DISCLAIMER: I'm staying subbed, just helping f2pers

Okay, since not everybody can cough up 15 dollars per month to pay a subscription, I need someone to help me figure out what an f2p player should -buy- to enjoy the game. I figured pvp guys wont need the respawn passes that much since they'll be in warzones most of the time, and pve guys don't need wz passes, etc. I don't want to hear a -just pay the subscription- argument; all I need is to find out which passes should be bought to provide a near- sub experience.

Here's the scenarios

I'm not subscribed, but I'm willing to pay for cartel coins to unlock features that will improve the game experience including basic ones like 4 quickbar slots, no money/storage cap, access to purple gear and quest rewards, basic cosmetic features (including hide head slot/unify color), and no chat restrictions

A. I'm a PVE guy that enjoys operations, but I don't like warzones or PVE

B. I'm a PVP guy, and I don't really need Flashpoints or Operations

C. I just want a level 50 character that I can use for RP purposes, I'm content with the class quests

D. I just want the class stories and treat it like a single player game. meh

E. (bonus) I enjoy both and I'd rather be subscribed but I don't have a credit card and prepaid cards are unavailable... (WHY?!)

F. (bonus 2) Aside from those mentioned above, what passes do I need if I wanted to be a crafter?

------------------------------------

please put it in a bulleted list (plus maybe a short explanation)

thank you very much

Duffy has an up-to-date breakdown of the costs of cartel coin unlocks on her site in the SWTOR section.

Edited by arunav

• 2 weeks later...

Very usefull Thread

I'm a casual player, and i think about to change in f2per: I'd be interested to buy:

-Gtn x 2 x account 560

-Cargo 1050 (or as ex sub I'll already have?)

-Crew skill x 2 x account 1890

tot: 2450 - 3500 with cargo

A question, how much for each character slot?

thanks

costs per character are already indicated (the first value)

I tried playing as a preferred status player and it looks like you don't need more than 1 bay if you're purely for the PVP

however, a 2nd or even 3rd cargo bay is important if you really want to craft (i only keep 1 stack of each crafting item so i can manage with 2)

You'd want to unlock titles and legacy/plus some emoticons if you're into heavy roleplay

costs per character are already indicated (the first value)

I tried playing as a preferred status player and it looks like you don't need more than 1 bay if you're purely for the PVP

however, a 2nd or even 3rd cargo bay is important if you really want to craft (i only keep 1 stack of each crafting item so i can manage with 2)

You'd want to unlock titles and legacy/plus some emoticons if you're into heavy roleplay

so you passed as preferred, what happened to your credit?

and log in time?

since f2p start, my server is alwasy full or heavy, and in spite of being sub, i have been logged off...

is the 350k cap for character, or for account?

thx

so you passed as preferred, what happened to your credit?

and log in time?

since f2p start, my server is alwasy full or heavy, and in spite of being sub, i have been logged off...

is the 350k cap for character, or for account?

thx

I logged in to my account as a preferred status player the day of the launch, from noontime to late afternoon

1. my credits were capped to 350k per character; everything i got beyond that was sent to credit escrow (you can only access this by subscribing, but I hope they add an option to purchase a cap remover). At level 50 the biggest problem here is tackling PVE(?) since I don't remember spending anything much on PvP gear aside from removing mods from shells.

2. I never got booted out even during heavy server activity. logged in out a few times without problem

3. I was unable to display my legacy and title (which is important for me during RP guild events)

4. The 2 toolbar restriction didn't affect my character much, but you have to make sure all the important skills are on those two hotbars. I had to activate the following skills thru the skill window

- quick travel

- all warp skills

- racial emote

- vehicle

- sprint

I also have to keep swapping out skills for PvE/PvP so it's quite a hassle, but workable

5. Didn't die to mobs the entire time but quick travel has a VERY long cooldown (2 hours i think)

6. 4 of my other characters got locked out

7. Can still participate in general chat, but not as much as before, other chat channels are ok

8. wasn't able to test trade

9. 2 gtn sale slots - not good if you're a crafter, fine otherwise