The Cast Thread of EP VII

Slowpokeking

We also got a lot of stuff to explain in post Abeloth era.

So I don't understand why not start a new era like TotJ or KOTOR.

Unlikely as they clearly said Episode 7. Episode 1 was the 4th movie, but set in the past! So it will most certainly be in the future. Think Tron: Legacy, which was A LOT like Star Wars to begin with.

It looks like (early still) they are going to pick up not to long after 'Jedi'.

So, Im hoping they give it the "30 years later" treatment....

Luke:

Mark Hammil (get him on a stair-master tommorow and tell him to start growing a beard)

Leia:

Carrie Fisher (stair-master, AA, and get the make-up and fx people involved immediatly)

Han:

Harrison Ford (load up a dump truck full of money, then throw some gold and jewels on top, then write a big check)

(out-of-the-sarlaac) Boba:

Temuera Morrison (just need his voice after-all)

R2 & 3PO & Chewey:

Baker & Daniels & Mayhew (that was easy)

Then it depends where/how they go... Will they somewhat follow the extended universe and give Solo kids? Will Luke meet Mara Jade? If so...

The Solo/Skywalker kids could be in their late teens (ala Luke/Leia in ep:4). In that case, find some barely established, but largely unkown (but talented) actors for that bunch.

Mara Jade:

Im tempted to say someone already famous, like Mila Kunis (Can you picture her as a red-head? WOW)... But, anyone already famous steals spotlight when it should be a group dynamic. Besdies, Hammil, Ford, Fisher already have the well-known-older-actors-as-supporting-cast area covered.

Hmm, she'd have to be older to be Luke's wife (Luke/Hammil will be 60ish)...

Julianne Moore (not sure if she's a natural red, but the age is close enough and she still has the looks)

Edited by rkalius

It looks like (early still) they are going to pick up not to long after 'Jedi'.

So, Im hoping they give it the "30 years later" treatment....

Luke:

Mark Hammil (get him on a stair-master tommorow and tell him to start growing a beard)

Leia:

Carrie Fisher (stair-master, AA, and get the make-up and fx people involved immediatly)

Han:

Harrison Ford (load up a dump truck full of money, then throw some gold and jewels on top, then write a big check)

(out-of-the-sarlaac) Boba:

Temuera Morrison (just need his voice after-all)

R2 & 3PO & Chewey:

Baker & Daniels & Mayhew (that was easy)

Then it depends where/how they go... Will they somewhat follow the extended universe and give Solo kids? Will Luke meet Mara Jade? If so...

The Solo/Skywalker kids could be in their late teens (ala Luke/Leia in ep:4). In that case, find some barely established, but largely unkown (but talented) actors for that bunch.

Mara Jade:

Im tempted to say someone already famous, like Mila Kunis (Can you picture her as a red-head? WOW)... But, anyone already famous steals spotlight when it should be a group dynamic. Besdies, Hammil, Ford, Fisher already have the well-known-older-actors-as-supporting-cast area covered.

Hmm, she'd have to be older to be Luke's wife (Luke/Hammil will be 60ish)...

Julianne Moore (not sure if she's natural but the age works and she still has the looks)

Or, just tell a story that is set after Fate of the Jedi with a new Sith Lord and a new threat to the galaxy. By that point, Mara's dead, and only Jaina (who serves as both Han AND Leia in this film, being their daughter), and Ben (as Luke), who are both the proper age to take the roles.

Luke, Leia, and Han play supporting roles and work to that effect. But like A New Hope, have it through the perspective of the weakest character, which in that case was 3P0 and R2, who you didn't really care about. So introduce a new character, who gets caught up with Ben, they run into the wise mentor, Luke, are forced to be involved in a conflict Ben was adamant to stay out of, they meet up with the Solos, adventure time.

Tron Legacy was a Star Wars film practically beat-for-beat. So why not just have Tron: Legacy in your minds because that would be a MASSIVE inspiration from both a film standpoint, a technical standpoint, even a story standpoint, because it respects the original film but the focus is on this new character. Ben and Jaina must now be the focal point, along with a new love interest. Sure, there's always Jagged Fel from the EU to fall back on and fanwank, but a lot can happen.

Tell us the era/story you want to see as the plot of EP VII then give the cast.

Great Sith War

Ulic Qel-Droma: Cannot find a good one yet, maybe someone new.

Exar Kun: Jude Law

Nomi Sunstrider: Kate Beckinsale

Cay Qel-Droma: Chris Evans

Aleema Keto: January Jones

Satal Keto:Tom Hiddleston

Master Arca: Ian McKellen

Freedon Nadd: Ralph Fiennes

Queen Amanoa:Helena Bonham Carter

King Ommin: Anthony Hopkins

KOTOR 2

The Exiled: Mia Wasikowska

Atris: Diane Kruger

Darth Sion: Tom Hanks

Darth Nihilus: Ralph Fiennes

Darth Traya: Cate Blanchett

I seriously laughed at these two. I'm not trying to insult you or anything but these two additions feel like you were joking. :p

Tron Legacy was a Star Wars film practically beat-for-beat. So why not just have Tron: Legacy in your minds because that would be a MASSIVE inspiration from both a film standpoint, a technical standpoint, even a story standpoint, because it respects the original film but the focus is on this new character. Ben and Jaina must now be the focal point, along with a new love interest. Sure, there's always Jagged Fel from the EU to fall back on and fanwank, but a lot can happen.

Interesting view, but Tron (or Legacy) isnt a big enough film to emulate.

This is going tohave to be huge. "not bad" is going to be considered a massive failure for SW:7

It is going to have to be at least as good as "Sith" was just to avoid widespread ridicule.

Disney has got a huge future paycheck here, but the number of long existing fans (and their 10-38 year following (by '15)) is going to be jaded going in. This isnt the same as making a good movie like Avengers or something. Theyve got many 10s of millions of pre-existing rabid fans that will judge it compared to the original trilogy with the often-bad taste of the prequals in mind.

I seriously laughed at these two. I'm not trying to insult you or anything but these two additions feel like you were joking. :p

Different people got different opinion. I will like to see Hanks play a zombie like villain.:D As for Kun I do think Jude Law could fit.

How about the other cast?

Interesting view, but Tron (or Legacy) isnt a big enough film to emulate.

This is going tohave to be huge. "not bad" is going to be considered a massive failure for SW:7

It is going to have to be at least as good as "Sith" was just to avoid widespread ridicule.

Disney has got a huge future paycheck here, but the number of long existing fans (and their 10-38 year following (by '15)) is going to be jaded going in. This isnt the same as making a good movie like Avengers or something. Theyve got many 10s of millions of pre-existing rabid fans that will judge it compared to the original trilogy with the often-bad taste of the prequals in mind.

A fair way of putting it indeed. The stigma will be there, but my message was more of "they have already proven themselves that they can do Star Wars because of Tron: Legacy." Think of it as a stepping stone, with Avengers being a diving board because of the creative hands-off policy. With both films under their belt and proving that they can pull together the blockbuster, the next big challenge is re-invigorating a jaded audience whilst sating the loyalists who KEPT this franchise alive despite the stigma of the prequels. So we will have to wait and see. But that's the challenge with this film. They accomplished effects and, well, Legacy, with Tron. They established continuity and respect for a fanbase with the Avengers. And I think the filmmakers and Lucasfilm, who are still firmly in charge of their work like Marvel, or so we know so far, will be aware of this and think "We can do this."

You got to believe you can do it before you take the step to doing so. And Tron and Avengers really were those first salvos of potential.

A fair way of putting it indeed. The stigma will be there, but my message was more of "they have already proven themselves that they can do Star Wars because of Tron: Legacy." Think of it as a stepping stone, with Avengers being a diving board because of the creative hands-off policy. With both films under their belt and proving that they can pull together the blockbuster, the next big challenge is re-invigorating a jaded audience whilst sating the loyalists who KEPT this franchise alive despite the stigma of the prequels. So we will have to wait and see. But that's the challenge with this film. They accomplished effects and, well, Legacy, with Tron. They established continuity and respect for a fanbase with the Avengers. And I think the filmmakers and Lucasfilm, who are still firmly in charge of their work like Marvel, or so we know so far, will be aware of this and think "We can do this."

You got to believe you can do it before you take the step to doing so. And Tron and Avengers really were those first salvos of potential.

Ok, dude... you convinced me :)

Im psyched now!!!

If I get let down though, Im blaming you hehe.

Oh who am I kidding? I love Star Wars so much, even I-III didnt bring me down much :)

I will wait with nervous impatient breath... and Ill be in line opening night.

Different people got different opinion. I will like to see Hanks play a zombie like villain.:D As for Kun I do think Jude Law could fit.

How about the other cast?

Cay Qel-Droma would have to be Liam Hemsworth, and for Nomi Sunrider, I would personally pick Katie Cassidy. She looks more like Nomi in the books. Don't get me wrong. I love Kate Beckinsale, but she's a bit too old to play Nomi, imo.

Cay Qel-Droma would have to be Liam Hemsworth, and for Nomi Sunrider, I would personally pick Katie Cassidy. She looks more like Nomi in the books. Don't get me wrong. I love Kate Beckinsale, but she's a bit too old to play Nomi, imo.

How old is Nomi? I think she should be 30 in the Great Sith War and around 40 in the end since Vima became a teenager. Kate would be good.

Afterall, even if it isnt great....

Bad star wars is like bad pizza... it's still pizza right? :)

Not really.

And I liked all the films up to this point...saw the Holiday Special once...still have nightmares about that though...but that made me laugh at least..

Disney Star Wars...no. That is the pizza one never even wants to touch.

No offensive folks, but please get over the Sith era as a possible setting - it ain't happening, at all. Now Disney has an opportunity to fix the mistakes of the EU (which FYI, Lucas didn't approve). So, don't be surprised if you watch Episode 7 in super-ulta 3D and discover Han Solo dead, Luke a hermit, and Leia a drunkard.

No offensive folks, but please get over the Sith era as a possible setting - it ain't happening, at all. Now Disney has an opportunity to fix the mistakes of the EU (which FYI, Lucas didn't approve). So, don't be surprised if you watch Episode 7 in super-ulta 3D and discover Han Solo dead, Luke a hermit, and Leia a drunkard.

Actually, Lucas DID approve of most of the early post-RotJ Expanded Universe. He tried to change his story later on, but his original statements stand. His endorsements of The Thrawn Trilogy and Dark Empire are already common knowledge and a matter of record. He gave his OK for Palpatine to be brought back.

Actually, Lucas DID approve of most of the early post-RotJ Expanded Universe. He tried to change his story later on, but his original statements stand. His endorsements of The Thrawn Trilogy and Dark Empire are already common knowledge and a matter of record. He gave his OK for Palpatine to be brought back.

and he also said that Palpentine coming back never happened in his world.

Point is post ROTJ EU is not canon anymore. They already said EP7 is going to be a new story and you should forget everything you know or think you know about Luke.

So from what I have read in the past, Lucas or his agents had to sign off on any EU content. Lucas had an iron grip on how the EU could progress. He wouldn't let writers just write about anything. The publishing houses actually had to submit story lines to Lucas for approval. From what I have read, he was the one that actually signed off on the approval for the death of Mara Jade Skywalker. A sad day to be sure as she was one of the best characters ever created in the EU, if not the best.

As for what we can expect in Ep. 7? We don't know what route Disney will take. I can only surmise it won't be anything pre Ep. 1. Hence, Ep. 7. They might place it a thousand years in the future. I mean, you would have to get mid to late 20's actors to play Luke, Leia, and Han. And I don't think that people want to see that . If they were smart, they would do them at least a century after Ep. 6 so that they could bring in good actors to maybe play the decendents of these iconic characters.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong-Dennis Miller.

and he also said that Palpentine coming back never happened in his world.

Point is post ROTJ EU is not canon anymore. They already said EP7 is going to be a new story and you should forget everything you know or think you know about Luke.

Take your haterade someplace else, man. We already know how you feel about everything post-RotJ. It would be funny if they actually do the Thrawn Trilogy, though. That would be bad***. Too bad you can't see that it IS still C-Canon. Btw, George hasn't been linked to the new movie yet. In fact, the reports are saying that it's being written, directed, and produced by other people. George might get "Created By" credit, but that's about it. In fact, I hope that is the case. We all know how badly he directed the Prequels, and how horrible his dialogue is. I for one am looking forward to a Star Wars movie where I don't cringe because the dialogue sounds like it was written by a 3rd grader.