The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

News on rated games

mattycutts

Any news on when they going to widen the rated games to indivduals?

Other day managed to get 8 guildies together queed for 3 hours and still no game popped.

Been ages they introduced it and would love a response from a dev if there are plans to widen the rated games to individuals?

I still dont know why people want solo queues I mean I can barely handle reg solo queue, I could not imagine what adding a ranking accomplish...assuming its just to get gear in which case I always see people spamming to get pug ranked going which is basically the same you have a fairly good chance of getting rolled and having no fun/chance but you get ranked comms...woooo.

I still dont know why people want solo queues I mean I can barely handle reg solo queue, I could not imagine what adding a ranking accomplish...assuming its just to get gear in which case I always see people spamming to get pug ranked going which is basically the same you have a fairly good chance of getting rolled and having no fun/chance but you get ranked comms...woooo.

Truth...

To the OP.... you DO NOT want to queue for rated solo. We will wreck your face.

Truth...

To the OP.... you DO NOT want to queue for rated solo. We will wreck your face.

The whole point of a rated queue is to create a matching system based on rank. So you have a range of rank and don't put uneven teams against each other. So if you solo queue against a ranked team you lose enough to get into a lower ranked bracket of players. When the system tries to match against an already form 8 man team it should be building the opposing team based on ranked.

A PUG team assembler would have a +/- threshold on the tiers and build a team compatible to play against that ranked team. So if you only had say 6 guildies on and wanted to queue ranked you could get 2 pickup player.

Assuming you are comfortable running ranked with 2 randoms.

This allows normal players and new teams to practice against other similar skilled teams and develop. The current ranked is a joke. It places the two first 8 man teams against each other. Its just an 8 man required queue and has had absolutely zero time spent coding an actual ranked queue. So if you have good players god bless you. If you want to work with your friends and guildies and develop and play together as a team this game is an EPIC failure. The entire point of an MMORPG is to do just that at end game and its disgusting the way the end game pvp is being ignored and is a significant reason players end up just leaving. Why bother? Why be in a guild if you pvp and your guild doesn't have that as a primary focus? Why have pve and pvp cross relationships? that is the whole point of the genre.

You hvae pve help pvp players and pvp help pve players and you build a network of friends known as a guild that help to improve everyones favorite aspect and work together. This game is a game of rogue merc's feeding off the corpses of lower skilled and ranked players. Its a joke the state of this pvp system and has at it one of the best cores I have ever played for PVP.

To take that amazing core and do absolutely nothing with it over a period of almost a year substantial is why they cannot keep paying customers. It has nothing to do with cost.