What do you want to see in Episode 7?

Beniboybling

OK, so every Star Wars fan worth his (or her) salt has heard that Disney has bought Lucasfilm, or Lucasarts, or Lucastuff whatever. And theres a lot of general discussion about it already, but nothing focused. So here goes, what would you like to see in Episode 7 thats coming out in 2015, and what do you expect to see, and what do you really really really not want to see, for example, the return of Jar Jar Binks.

P.S. I'll bump this thread in the morning/afternoon, i don't know how many people are active on the forums at midnight, especially when its Halloween, you know - ghosts and that :D

Something set in a time that allows the big three to play a part. They are pretty old so maybe 35-40 years in the future. Something similar to Episode 4 where Luke is passing the torch to a new generation of Jedi like Ben Kenobi did before him.

I would love to see them do the Thrawn Trilogy, in my opinion that is the best series of Star Wars EU. As long as they cast people who could play the part and not actors who can't act Thrawn or Mara. Who wouldn't want to see Thrawn and Caboth attack the galaxy? Yeah, defiantly the Thrawn Trilogy.

I know a lot of people are betting on Thrawn movie, but...please don't get high hopes up when we don't even know the details. I don't wanna see a bunch of QQing when the details release that it isn't going to be a Thrawn movie...it could be, but just know that it also couldn't. GL passed on the scripts that he wrote for 7, 8, and 9 way back(before he decided the PT) so we could see movies of those instead. Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Much as I'd love to see Thrawn on the big screen, I could do with any Chiss at all. Such as, say, my bounty hunter. ;)

How about giving people a reason to not hate Gungans?

Okay, a realistic one: Gilad Pellaeon.

Edited by spookysage
autocorrect

I know a lot of people are betting on Thrawn movie, but...please don't get high hopes up when we don't even know the details. I don't wanna see a bunch of QQing when the details release that it isn't going to be a Thrawn movie...it could be, but just know that it also couldn't. GL passed on the scripts that he wrote for 7, 8, and 9 way back(before he decided the PT) so we could see movies of those instead.

Oh then why was it in the news release i saw, that Disney was contacting Timothy Zahn? I mean, if you were going to do something like Luke handing over the jedi order to somebody else why contact ol Zahn?

And I remember at one point right after Zahn finished the Thrawn Triology that good ol GL said If he was going to make a 7, 8 & 9, he'd use the Zahn books.

I think disney is contacting Zahn to write the movie scrips for Heir, dark forces and last command. Just my W.A.G.

Oh then why was it in the news release i saw, that Disney was contacting Timothy Zahn? I mean, if you were going to do something like Luke handing over the jedi order to somebody else why contact ol Zahn?

And I remember at one point right after Zahn finished the Thrawn Triology that good ol GL said If he was going to make a 7, 8 & 9, he'd use the Zahn books.

I think disney is contacting Zahn to write the movie scrips for Heir, dark forces and last command. Just my W.A.G.

Wheres the proof to this? You keep typing this over and over, yet you haven't provided any source of what you are putting down. Point is, were just gonna need to wait for details.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I'd love to see that news release too. Plus of course Zahn would use those books for 7, 8, and 9, that's where they go in the timeline, they kicked off the current EU, and he wrote 'em ;)

No matter what, though, it'll be nice to hope for until we find out what's going on.

Edited by spookysage

I want to see a Grand Master Luke Skywalker. Let's hope Mark Hamill is willing to take the mantle again... and lose some weight.

For any new characters I want them to use talented unknown actors like they did for the original trilogy.

Edited by GusVIII

I would love to see them do the Thrawn Trilogy, in my opinion that is the best series of Star Wars EU. As long as they cast people who could play the part and not actors who can't act Thrawn or Mara. Who wouldn't want to see Thrawn and Caboth attack the galaxy? Yeah, defiantly the Thrawn Trilogy.

Well, Disney did say that they want to do episodes 7.8.9 so the Thrawn Trilogy IS very possible.

Something set in a time that allows the big three to play a part. They are pretty old so maybe 35-40 years in the future. Something similar to Episode 4 where Luke is passing the torch to a new generation of Jedi like Ben Kenobi did before him.

You really think their is a chance of them coming back? I'd like to see them but I'm not sure the will.

EDIT: What I really want to see in these new films is CGI on the level of the swtor cinematics, that would make for some epic movies - and to bring back the old cast however possible.

Edited by Beniboybling

Alright well it seems to me that "episode 7" implies that this movie will happen after RotJ, which sucks in my opinion. IF they have characters like Luke or Han in there they'll have to get knew actors who WILL suck. Maybe suck is a bit harsh, but they won't be able to pull off the roles of theses characters.

Also, I feel that they should make a movie BEFORE TPM. Anyone else feel that a movie of the OR would be better then movie during the NJO era?

Alright well it seems to me that "episode 7" implies that this movie will happen after RotJ, which sucks in my opinion. IF they have characters like Luke or Han in there they'll have to get knew actors who WILL suck. Maybe suck is a bit harsh, but they won't be able to pull off the roles of theses characters.

Also, I feel that they should make a movie BEFORE TPM. Anyone else feel that a movie of the OR would be better then movie during the NJO era?

I would disagree, while a film in the OR era would be great, people who haven't played the games wouldn't really be able to understand what was going on and would be confused, assuming it would be after the events of this game or around the events of Revan. Its best to stick with what the people know, which is the prequel and original trilogy.