Disney to aquire Lucasfilm!

Etapi

Quote: Originally Posted by Pcolapat View Post

One thing Disney believes in is paying for actors. It will pay top dollar for the best actors in Hollywood for future Star Wars films. One thing I never understood about Lucas was using "Unknowns" for major roles. There is nothing wrong with getting actors that actually can act. Disney does not mess around in that department. They will put in proven actors in major roles.

Honestly, I think they will put in the right people, doesn't matter if they are proven or not.

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news! I'm really looking forward to the new movies!

Also, I really would like to see Disney snatch BioWare Austion from EA!

PLEASE!

Guess the only thing would be that Disney (AFAIK) doesn't have the experience of making MMOs.

But I would assume Disney would allow Bioware to develop it as they want it, unlike EA who wants to have their hands in the process.

OK what do we know ? facts.

Episode 7 so it will be after Return of the Jedi.

Will not be CGI because that would mess it up and George have alredy made contracts

with Disney laying down the law.The six other movies were real movies so that goes without saying.

They cannot have new characters for the big 3, Luke Han Leia etc, the fans would not accept it.

Because of the age on the actors i think we will see the new movies take place about 30 + years after ROTJ.

And there is PLENTY of un used time between the novels in the EU to place the movies in.

They know fans have been wanting episode 7 now sinse the 80s,so the new movies will most likely

have the original cast in them.

You may want to grab a dictionary and look up the difference between fact and speculation. Your only two factual statements are that it will be set after RotJ and that there is unused time between the EU novels (though I personally haven't read the EU novels, so I guess that's also speculation on my part).

But I would assume Disney would allow Bioware to develop it as they want it, unlike EA who wants to have their hands in the process.

That was my point. EA only cares about money. Ok, it's a company, the objective is to make money. But as a company, you'll get more money if you allow your product developers to make a good product.

That was my point. EA only cares about money. Ok, it's a company, the objective is to make money. But as a company, you'll get more money if you allow your product developers to make a good product.

Valid point.

Wonder if this will mean a financial war between EA and Disney or if Disney will allow EA to continue making TOR

Edited by Celwinn

Valid point.

Wonder if this will mean a financial war between EA and Disney or if Disney will allow EA to continue making TOR

I guess not. Disney will let them continue to make the game as long as they pay the franchise license.

However, if Disney/Lucas decide to make a MMO on their own, they will kill TOR as they did with SWG when TOR launched.

Edited by BrunoLogan

Can i ask you something ? are you human ? do you understand basic logic and how the world works ?

Not trying to be rude just asking,, i mean can you imagine luke han leia played by someone else ?

First of all the fans would hatre it with a passion.

Second, critics would hate it.

Third Lucas would say no and Disney would laugh at the idee aswell.

And btw they dont need to explain anything,just like they dident have to explain anything before pisode 4 etc etc.

Thats what so great about star wars, one can just jump in at any timeline and be there.

haha i'd hate to see you trying to be rude.

All 3 of your points have no backing. I don't want them to force the actors into the movie for the nolstagia. I want them to make a good movie with a good plot. I happen to like the Thrawn Trilogy. I have nothing against the original actors but if they want to keep making movies, starting a trilogy with main chracters being ages 56,61 and 70 seems impractical. This, is under the assumption that they do want to explore what Luke, Han and Leia. It gimps their possibilities having them as aged characters.

I'd prefer if they just skipped passed to the Legacy era with Cade than skip most of Luke's very full life and have a case where they 'didn't have to explain anything'.

haha i'd hate to see you trying to be rude.

All 3 of your points have no backing. I don't want them to force the actors into the movie for the nolstagia. I want them to make a good movie with a good plot. I happen to like the Thrawn Trilogy. I have nothing against the original actors but if they want to keep making movies, starting a trilogy with main chracters being ages 56,61 and 70 seems impractical. This, is under the assumption that they do want to explore what Luke, Han and Leia. It gimps their possibilities having them as aged characters.

I'd prefer if they just skipped passed to the Legacy era with Cade than skip most of Luke's very full life and have a case where they 'didn't have to explain anything'.

I'm kinda expecting what they did between 3 an 4 and jump 40 years or so.

I'm kinda expecting what they did between 3 an 4 and jump 40 years or so.

The jump between 3 and 4 is merely 20 years.

And yeah, has anyone seen how Mark Hamill looks like these days? He doesn't look like the Grand Master of the Jedi Order, lemme tell ya.

And yeah, has anyone seen how Mark Hamill looks like these days? He doesn't look like the Grand Master of the Jedi Order, lemme tell ya.

Well, that's what makeup is for. Besides, he really only needs to make a cameo to "pass the torch" to the next generation of great jedi (see what I did there?). I don't think they would just spring 100% new everything on us. They will find a way to tie it together.

Well, that's what makeup is for. Besides, he really only needs to make a cameo to "pass the torch" to the next generation of great jedi (see what I did there?). I don't think they would just spring 100% new everything on us. They will find a way to tie it together.

Yeah, hopefully. What happens immediately (well, 5 years) after RoTJ is brilliantly outlined in the Thrawn trilogy, no need to erase that. Make it 30 years after the second Death Star's destruction and we have a deal. That way the old actors can actually play their real age.

Star Wars 7 Plot Will Be "an Original Story," Says Lucasfilm Source

by Leslie Gornstein Tue., Oct. 30, 2012 10:00 PM PDT

If Disney is buying LucasFilm, how will that affect Star Wars: Episode 7 and other Star Wars projects? Any word on what the movie will be about?

—Flannel, via Twitter

Well, we know that, whatever the plot of Episode 7, George Lucas won't have a heavy hand in the day-to-day creation of it. He's apparently written the treatments for the films, but he won't produce or direct—an excellent opportunity for another visionary to jettison Jar Jar Binks out of an airlock permanently.

As for the plot, Star Wars superfans have a theory on what they'll be seeing next. But I have a surprise for them: They're wrong. If you're a fan, you're definitely gonna want to read on.

First of all, you should know that there is an official canon concerning the Star Wars universe. Those stories cover the years after rebel victory (i.e., after Return of the Jedi). It's written in a series of books called the Thrawn Trilogy, by author Timothy Zahn. Die-hard Star Wars fans know the trilogy well, and they say that a big-screen adaptation of the first book, Heir to the Empire, would make the most logical Episode 7.

"Of all the speculation out there about the content of this new trilogy, that's the single most concrete idea," says Eric Geller of the fan site TheForce.net. "It's almost inevitable that the story will take place in the same time frame as those books."

So what happens in "those books?"

Well, Luke Skywalker meets a real would-be assassin lady named Mara Jade, who was trained to avenge the Emperor by crushing Luke's pretty blond head. Instead, Jade falls for Luke and, a subsequent graphic novel, the two marry. Skywalker also has to deal with the fact that he's the only Jedi left, at least, for now, and he goes about trying to fix that.

Princess Leia and Han Solo also play heavily into the Thrawn Trilogy, popping out a pair of twins (of course) among other things. As for the name Thrawn, well, that refers to a grand admiral with imperial sympathies who takes over as the leader of the vanquished enemy faction.

So is that the basis for Episode 7 or not? I've heard directly from LucasFilm and other sources close to the picture, and they say: Definitely not.

"It's an original story," a LucasFilm source tells me.

In other words, forget the Star Wars novels. Forget the graphic novels. Forget everything you think you know about what happens to Luke Skywalker. According to my sources, Episode 7 will literally be nothing you've ever seen or read before from the Star Wars universe.

I also hear from several sources that, no matter what you may hear to the contrary, no director has been officially attached to the project.

Meanwhile, there isn't much news regarding the other big Star Wars projects currently in development.

A spoofy cartoon TV series, Detours, was announced in August, spearheaded by Seth Green and the other creators of Robot Chicken. No release dates or networks were revealed, but Disney has said that it envisions some sort of Star Wars presence on its Disney XD channel. I wouldn't be surprised if Detours landed there.

Lastly, there's the live action series, which has been bubbling around since 2008 and which is supposed to take place between Episodes 3 and 4, when Luke Skywalker is growing up.

As I reported earlier, Lucasfilm was still talking in enthusiastic terms about Star Wars: Underworld less than a year ago. At that time, the show had a lot of scripts in the can but no financing. But if there's one thing that Disney has, it's money. Still, insiders tell me it's too soon to expect any announcements on either series.

Guess we'll just have to pray that Jar Jar has nothing to do with any of 'em.

[source = E Online Article]

I still don't know what to think.. is too soon... all is to new.. waiting for the better, I guess.

yes you are right 20 years. I was just guessing on how many they would probly jump this one. should have worded that better.

Disney has a record of making great films and is very respected for it... I don't see this as a bad thing. Watch in a couple of years they will come up with something amazing that generations 20 years from now will be talking about... the Star Wars franchise.

I honestly love the characters from the OT (Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie, the droids) so much, that I would be absolutely cool with them being recast by the right actors. I would love to see these characters in their prime in movies depicting their struggle to pull the galaxy back together.

I am open to the idea of new actors if done right. I love the characters and want to see more.

I see this as a very good thing. With a couple of exceptions (Pirates sequels and John Carter) Disney is very good at making good movies and taking care of their franchises. To everyone that's worried one word -- Avengers.

I see this as a very good thing. With a couple of exceptions (Pirates sequels and John Carter) Disney is very good at making good movies and taking care of their franchises. To everyone that's worried one word -- Avengers.

I think the POTC franchise (Haven't seen POTC 4 yet) was well done. Haven't seen John Carter yet.