Disney to aquire Lucasfilm!

Etapi

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK what do we know ? facts.

Episode 7 so it will be after Return of the Jedi.

Will not be CGI because that would mess it up and George have alredy made contracts

with Disney laying down the law.The six other movies were real movies so that goes without saying.

They cannot have new characters for the big 3, Luke Han Leia etc, the fans would not accept it.

Because of the age on the actors i think we will see the new movies take place about 30 + years after ROTJ.

And there is PLENTY of un used time between the novels in the EU to place the movies in.

They know fans have been wanting episode 7 now sinse the 80s,so the new movies will most likely

have the original cast in them.

Edited by Lord_Karsk

Planning deadlines for what is essentially half a decade away and beyond is *********** ridiculous. After the episodes 7-9 they have planned, they're either going to take from EU or have to fudge together whatever they've got to make these deadlines. Deadlines are bad, very very bad.

Indeed they are. Deadlines are almost as bad as swooping.;)

But this has likely been in the pipeline for years, and I'm sure all over Hollywood (and all over northern San Francisco) are a bunch of people with iron-clad NDAs, who've been working quietly away on this for a long time.

I hope they drop the EU into a deep, dark hole, myself; there's not much there worth keeping. Maybe they could have Luke mention a Chiss former Grand Admiral dying in prison after choking on Gungan stew, as fanservice, but that'd be more than enough. I'm assuming a decade or two have passed since the Battle of Yavin ...

But after the prequels, George was very clear that his days of making Star Wars movies were over. Little did I know that, behind the scenes and very quietly, George had started to come up with some storylines for at least three new movies set in a period sometime after Episode VI: Return of the Jedi. I think the fact that George found so much enjoyment coming up with new ideas for The Clone Wars series spurred him on. He just needed to find the right person – and the right set-up – to carry on the Star Wars legacy.

http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/index.php/2012/10/30/lucasfilm-disney-more-star-wars-and-great-times-for-fans/

Edited by Lord_Karsk

Will not be CGI because that would mess it up and George have alredy made contracts

with Disney laying down the law.The six other movies were real movies so that goes without saying.

They cannot have new characters for the big 3, Luke Han Leia etc, the fans would not accept it.

Because of the age on the actors i think we will see the new movies take place about 30 + years after ROTJ.

And there is PLENTY of un used time between the novels in the EU to place the movies in.

They know fans have been wanting episode 7 now sinse the 80s,so the new movies will most likely

What!?? Im a hardcore OT fan and if they use all the original cast members for anything but cameos in ep 7 ill b annoyed as hell, bad actors are a big part of what ruined the prequels. Most of the original cast (Except Ford) lost there ability to effectively play a strong lead role in a film years ago (why do you think they havent had one in almost 30 years), if you cant understand why thats important you know nothing about good filmaking. They need to take the casting of each role very seriously, not just give it to someone who hasnt proved themselves on screen in decades just cuz they were in OT. Ford definatly deserves an offer to come back as Han cuz he's at least worked, Hamill should definatly do an alien or droid voice in the film cuz thats his strong suit these days, but the rest should get minor cameos or have to prove themselves like hell in a competitive audition.

Edited by Brunnis_G

What!?? Im a hardcore OT fan and if they use all the original cast members for anything but cameos in ep 7 ill b annoyed as hell, bad actors are a big part of what ruined the prequels. Most of the original cast (Except Ford) lost there ability to effectively play a strong lead role in a film years ago (why do you think they havent had one in almost 30 years), if you cant understand why thats important you know nothing about good filmaking. They need to take the casting of each role very seriously, not just give it to someone who hasnt proved themselves on screen in decades just cuz they were in OT.

99% of all star wars fans like me who grew up in the late 70s ealy 80s with the movies do not agree with you.

Last thing we want to see is someone else take up their place.If you dont understand how aweasome a older Luke

etc would be then thats youe loss http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/2/21/Japanese_joinerKing-Luke.jpg

Personally, I'm not excited at the prospect of Episode 7. I'd much rather see a totally new trilogy, with new characters and a new plot ... preferably set during the Galactic Empire period so we can have proper stormtroopers in it :D

Disney must be pretty confident that they can make a success of this, given the amount of money they have thrown at the project. Let's just hope that it is more of a hit with audiences than John Carter was.

On a side note, if they do just continue the adventures of Han, Luke etc, they that does not mean that the will (or even should) use the same actors. People happily accept that James Bond has been played by several actors and can reinvent itself with a new style and a new cast every few years. Perhaps Star wars can do the same. Perhaps even, one day, people will sit in bars arguing about which actor was their favourite Han Solo.

99% of all star wars fans like me who grew up in the late 70s ealy 80s with the movies do not agree with you.

Last thing we want to see is someone else take up their place.If you dont understand how aweasome a older Luke

etc would be then thats youe loss http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/2/21/Japanese_joinerKing-Luke.jpg

Older luke could be awesome but not likely if played by a Mark Hamill who can set his price n doesnt have to audition, tho I didnt mean Cage either lol its just the hair in that pic LMAO. What do you know about acting, or movies, or filmaking, that makes you think you can speak for 99% of star wars fans who grew up in the 70s or 80s? Im one of those fans and you certainly havnt said anything nearly clever enough to make me even consider selecting you as a spokesperson.

Edited by Brunnis_G

I swear to God, if I see something that even reminds of Mickey jumping on any planet because of this... I will burn if with my flamethrower for 24h to make sure nothing is left.

But they've already had Goofy in a Star Wars movie. They just renamed him Jar Jar and made him wear an alien outfit.

I disagree with original cast. If they used Mark Hamill, Ford, etc, The opening would scroll for hours to catch us up. Explaining that a few wars have passed, SPOILER ALERT

Some kids of the solo family weren't so lucky. Introducing Mara and Ben would be terribly forced as well.

It just would not make sense to use the original cast.

Edited by Snorlaxo

Please be the Thrawn trilogy, please be the Thrawn trilogy, please be the Thrawn trilogy.

(It's not going to be the Thrawn trilogy I know.)

could not agree more with this

but i aint holding my breath

and i cant believe how many people are slagging on the 1-3 , they werent that bad in my opinion

I can't just make up my mind, if this is a good or very bad thing.

I think New Hope, Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi will always be the best movie experience.

Although I would like to see what they make of Thrawn Trilogy, ooh!

I disagree with original cast. If they used Mark Hamill, Ford, etc, The opening would scroll for hours to catch us up. Explaining that a few wars have passed, SPOILER ALERT

Some kids of the solo family weren't so lucky. Introducing Mara and Ben would be terribly forced as well.

It just would not make sense to use the original cast.

Can i ask you something ? are you human ? do you understand basic logic and how the world works ?

Not trying to be rude just asking,, i mean can you imagine luke han leia played by someone else ?

First of all the fans would hatre it with a passion.

Second, critics would hate it.

Third Lucas would say no and Disney would laugh at the idee aswell.

And btw they dont need to explain anything,just like they dident have to explain anything before pisode 4 etc etc.

Thats what so great about star wars, one can just jump in at any timeline and be there.

BTW this is why they will never make the Thrawn trilogy.

Everyone knows the plot etc.Bad selling point.

Books are just to slow for star wars movies, to much dead time and side characters,doesnt work

in a faster more intense movies like the star wars movies.

Fans have to wait 3 movies to see an actual lightsaber fight, forget it.

Lack of force users, they will not continue after ep 6 with 3 more movies wwith only 1 jedi and no Sith.

Need i go on ?

Star Wars 7 Plot Will Be "an Original Story," Says Lucasfilm Source

by Leslie Gornstein Tue., Oct. 30, 2012 10:00 PM PDT

If Disney is buying LucasFilm, how will that affect Star Wars: Episode 7 and other Star Wars projects? Any word on what the movie will be about?

—Flannel, via Twitter

Well, we know that, whatever the plot of Episode 7, George Lucas won't have a heavy hand in the day-to-day creation of it. He's apparently written the treatments for the films, but he won't produce or direct—an excellent opportunity for another visionary to jettison Jar Jar Binks out of an airlock permanently.

As for the plot, Star Wars superfans have a theory on what they'll be seeing next. But I have a surprise for them: They're wrong. If you're a fan, you're definitely gonna want to read on.

First of all, you should know that there is an official canon concerning the Star Wars universe. Those stories cover the years after rebel victory (i.e., after Return of the Jedi). It's written in a series of books called the Thrawn Trilogy, by author Timothy Zahn. Die-hard Star Wars fans know the trilogy well, and they say that a big-screen adaptation of the first book, Heir to the Empire, would make the most logical Episode 7.

"Of all the speculation out there about the content of this new trilogy, that's the single most concrete idea," says Eric Geller of the fan site TheForce.net. "It's almost inevitable that the story will take place in the same time frame as those books."

So what happens in "those books?"

Well, Luke Skywalker meets a real would-be assassin lady named Mara Jade, who was trained to avenge the Emperor by crushing Luke's pretty blond head. Instead, Jade falls for Luke and, a subsequent graphic novel, the two marry. Skywalker also has to deal with the fact that he's the only Jedi left, at least, for now, and he goes about trying to fix that.

Princess Leia and Han Solo also play heavily into the Thrawn Trilogy, popping out a pair of twins (of course) among other things. As for the name Thrawn, well, that refers to a grand admiral with imperial sympathies who takes over as the leader of the vanquished enemy faction.

So is that the basis for Episode 7 or not? I've heard directly from LucasFilm and other sources close to the picture, and they say: Definitely not.

"It's an original story," a LucasFilm source tells me.

In other words, forget the Star Wars novels. Forget the graphic novels. Forget everything you think you know about what happens to Luke Skywalker. According to my sources, Episode 7 will literally be nothing you've ever seen or read before from the Star Wars universe.

I also hear from several sources that, no matter what you may hear to the contrary, no director has been officially attached to the project.

Meanwhile, there isn't much news regarding the other big Star Wars projects currently in development.

A spoofy cartoon TV series, Detours, was announced in August, spearheaded by Seth Green and the other creators of Robot Chicken. No release dates or networks were revealed, but Disney has said that it envisions some sort of Star Wars presence on its Disney XD channel. I wouldn't be surprised if Detours landed there.

Lastly, there's the live action series, which has been bubbling around since 2008 and which is supposed to take place between Episodes 3 and 4, when Luke Skywalker is growing up.

As I reported earlier, Lucasfilm was still talking in enthusiastic terms about Star Wars: Underworld less than a year ago. At that time, the show had a lot of scripts in the can but no financing. But if there's one thing that Disney has, it's money. Still, insiders tell me it's too soon to expect any announcements on either series.

Guess we'll just have to pray that Jar Jar has nothing to do with any of 'em.

[source = E Online Article]

One thing Disney believes in is paying for actors. It will pay top dollar for the best actors in Hollywood for future Star Wars films. One thing I never understood about Lucas was using "Unknowns" for major roles. There is nothing wrong with getting actors that actually can act. Disney does not mess around in that department. They will put in proven actors in major roles.

But weren't Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford great? I think Lucas made a good call there - whatever his reasons were - i think he wanted to make it more unique, not have actors where you think, hey its that guy from that. I'm all for more unheard actors, as long as they are good.

I would SO laugh if suddenly everyone broke into song and dance :D

But seriously, this is awesome news.

I personally will be trolling the net for audition news, and will (hopefully) audition for both the movies and the live action TV Show :)

Disney did not buy Lucas Arts.. they bought the Lucas Films.. learn the difference :) Disney buying Lucas Films has no effect on the gaming division which they do not own. George Lucas still has complete control over Lucas Arts.

Yes they are different, but the deal specifically also includes LucasArts.