It's time for Add-ons

jamesedjones

I am surprised so many people are against Add-ons. So many developers working for free to make your game better, who would not want that?

You would get kicked out of a raiding team in WoW if you did not have at least ReCount, Deadly Boss Mods & Spell Flash. Add-ons are hugely popular in WoW and I have to say I really miss them in SWTOR. It also ads another level of game-play, trying to beat your ReCount DPS from the last run.

Add-ons have my vote.

I am surprised so many people are against Add-ons.

This is why....

You would get kicked out of a raiding team in WoW if you did not have at least ReCount, Deadly Boss Mods & Spell Flash.

....because they become judgement points for access to group play by the player base.

Basically, you answered your own question without realizing it.

Edited by Andryah

You would get kicked out of a raiding team in WoW if you did not have at least ReCount, Deadly Boss Mods & Spell Flash. Add-ons are hugely popular in WoW and I have to say I really miss them in SWTOR. It also ads another level of game-play, trying to beat your ReCount DPS from the last run.

Addons simply added to the dumbing down of the game. For the ones you listed, people would stop paying attention to the game and what was happening, and were unable to figure out how to do things unless the addon told them to "move out of the **** on the ground", or to do X task or Y task. That is why they became required, because it reduced the amount of thinking required.

Recount did nothing (IMO) but give people the ability to denigrate other players because of their low DPS, or caused people to simply focus on getting the highest DPS numbers possible, and ignore anything else.

SOME addons were beneficial (I liked to streamline my UI), but I do not like addons that become required to play the game at the highest levels.

Edited by jgoldsack

Deadly boss mods is the dumbest add on ever in my opinion, it makes it so people dont even have to learn the fights, just follow directions when the messeges prompt you. I'd be OK with a damage meter if you are the only one who can see your damage output, seen too many people rage about recount scores. Edited by seatown

no to DPS meters and those things,,or do u need a number value, for how much u enjoyed the game?

but i would like to have macros,,im not sure how hard they are to put in game, technically

macros was one of the reasons for staying in wow,,,it just makes trash mobs so much easier

and i know a lot of hardcores use them too,,but how hard is it to make them work in this game?

This is why....

....because they become judgement points for access to group play by the player base.

HALLELUJAH,,now take this line of thinking further

in fact i just invented some new game modes for this game:

FUNERAL MODE,,getting buried , while playing ur favorite mmo,,ur character is immortal,give AOE

bursts of 500k damage every second,,say goodbye to the world, while getting the last loot

TODDLER MODE,,same as above , but the baby can control the character by kinect system

would love to get addons going in this game tbh!

the 2 i miss the most from my previous mmo(WAR) is:

"Buffhead": displays buffs/debuffs above youre head and above the head of the target youve debuffed/buffed.

"TargetRing"; simply put makes it easier to see who you are targeting/where your target is.

This is why....

The requirement to run add-ons in WoW speaks to their popularity, if people hated them they would not be popular.

I'm not much of a hardcore player, so I don't really mind not having addons. But I would be quick to welcome them if someone made an addon that somehow fixed the green lightsabers. They looked great during beta. But now they are all sickly and lime colored. Admittedly I have no idea if that would be possible with an addon, but thats just my two cents.

Do you, or any of the above posters, know what add-ons are? You don't HAVE to add them. You can totally play the game without them, or you can delete them at any time.

Sure, up until the point where an addon or fiftyeleven comes along that ends up being a must have to be invited to the "leet" hardcore guilds.

You try to get invited to a hardcore raid guild in WoW after saying that you refuse to install DBM for example. They will laugh at you and tell you to go away.