Artifice - Where to Find a White Lightsaber Crystal (And other rares)

WraithAscendant

This might explain why his response seemed kinda panicked when someone posted the PCgamer link. "Oh noes, legitimate media has its eye on me now!"

He was panicked wasn't he lol. He obviously didn't realize that this game was followed by all giants in media lol. Just watch this will be on Attack of the Show and on other media sites and shows now as well. This guy may just have a bad rep forever

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok expanding on Kryat Dragon ideas and Durindfire ideas

There are in lore 2 different Krayt Dragons

The canyon krayt was a common species of krayt dragon that lived in the rocky caves and canyons of Tatooine's desert ranges. More often than not, the term "krayt dragon" referred to this lifeform. Patterns of horns and spikes appears to have varied from individual to individual. At least one canyon krayt was noted to have a two pronged tail.

The greater krayt, was a rarer, larger species of krayt dragon, known for its tremendous size and continual growth over time. Creatures of near legendary status, greater krayt dragons had ten legs, measured at least 100 meters from snout to tail tip and had the ability to move through or on Tatooine's desert sand. Greater krayt dragons attacked with their massive jaws or whip-like spike-tail, using their claws only to move through the sand.

In spite of its awesome power, the krayt dragon did have its weak and exploitable points. First, it had trouble resisting the allure of the prey of the Dune Sea, specifically the bantha; second, it had difficulty discerning two-dimensional images, often attacking shadows; and finally, a well-placed shot could bore right through the weak sinus cavity of the beast and hit the brain, killing it instantly.

For Durindfire we get this from lore

The Durindfire gem was a precious crystal found on the planet Tatooine.

Few Durindfires ever left the planet, though some were bought and sold by the Galactic Empire to help finance the Death Star project. The Alliance to Restore the Republic was able to pinpoint the Empire's various development sites by tracking the movement of these gems, and additionally used this information to uncover the origins of the TIE Phantom Project.

A Durindfire gem was key in adding a distinctive silver sheen to any lightsaber blade. This stone was traditionally used by the Jedi of the Halcyon/Horn family.

Well i don't think its a fight, or at least not all of it as there wouldn't exactly be spoilers besides the mechanics of said fight. Its got to at least have something to do with the in game worlds

Possibly. Perhaps he used a means of getting to a place that's otherwise unreachable. Say he used a knockback from some enemy or something to climb a wall that's otherwise unclimbable. Or maybe even a force push in a duel.

Doesn't mean that the proper way doesn't require you to trigger a fight though.

Edited by dakoth

Ok expanding on Kryat Dragon ideas and Durindfire ideas

There are in lore 2 different Krayt Dragons

The canyon krayt was a common species of krayt dragon that lived in the rocky caves and canyons of Tatooine's desert ranges. More often than not, the term "krayt dragon" referred to this lifeform. Patterns of horns and spikes appears to have varied from individual to individual. At least one canyon krayt was noted to have a two pronged tail.

The greater krayt, was a rarer, larger species of krayt dragon, known for its tremendous size and continual growth over time. Creatures of near legendary status, greater krayt dragons had ten legs, measured at least 100 meters from snout to tail tip and had the ability to move through or on Tatooine's desert sand. Greater krayt dragons attacked with their massive jaws or whip-like spike-tail, using their claws only to move through the sand.

In spite of its awesome power, the krayt dragon did have its weak and exploitable points. First, it had trouble resisting the allure of the prey of the Dune Sea, specifically the bantha; second, it had difficulty discerning two-dimensional images, often attacking shadows; and finally, a well-placed shot could bore right through the weak sinus cavity of the beast and hit the brain, killing it instantly.

For Durindfire we get this from lore

The Durindfire gem was a precious crystal found on the planet Tatooine.

Few Durindfires ever left the planet, though some were bought and sold by the Galactic Empire to help finance the Death Star project. The Alliance to Restore the Republic was able to pinpoint the Empire's various development sites by tracking the movement of these gems, and additionally used this information to uncover the origins of the TIE Phantom Project.

A Durindfire gem was key in adding a distinctive silver sheen to any lightsaber blade. This stone was traditionally used by the Jedi of the Halcyon/Horn family.

I remember that krayt dragon quest in KOTOR! Wonder if its anything we can go on. Like a way to lure banthas to some cave we find if we do so. That was the only way to get the dragon out of the cave in KOTOR if I remember correctly.

Possibly. Perhaps he used a means of getting to a place that's otherwise unreachable. Say he used a knockback from some enemy or something to climb a wall that's otherwise unclimbable. Or maybe even a force push in a duel.

Doesn't mean that the proper way doesn't require you to trigger a fight though.

True, I mean we can't rule it out. It could be like some things in WoW. Get a certain material and then kill a boss and loot said item. Or like yogg. Throw the crystals in his mouth before death etc.

Yeah Krayt dragons originate on Tattoine, I mentioned that it prob related to a krayt dragon earlier in this post.

Also a durindfire gem is actually silver, so it will most likely be a krayt dragon pearl.

I would assume that this Queen of the sands I keep hearing about drops it.

The name kind of implies that her behaviour would be much like that of a krayt dragon, if not exactly that a krayt dragon..

And since it would have to be a endgame crystal to be worth the effort, not to mention it is not crafted It is not a stretch to belive it is dropped of a max lvl mob.

And if people do get around to spawning it, it does sound like there would be quite a few steps involved in doing so.

I find absolutley no reason to belive white crystal would be of hoth, there is nothing in the lore that points to it.

Edit: Vanda, that is a excellent idea.. I don't doubt that the banthas might VERY well be involved in what ever mechanism is to be used.

And it also very much sounds like something bioware would do.

Edited by Munx

Doubtful as one of her abilities is call hatchlings. I mean its possible and what I assumed early on. Just doesn't seem right to me.

You think hatchlings makes it DOUBTFUL???? I would think the opposite.

Queen = Famle = Eggs

Sands = Tattoine

Yeah Krayt dragons originate on Tattoine, I mentioned that it prob related to a krayt dragon earlier in this post.

Also a durindfire gem is actually silver, so it will most likely be a krayt dragon pearl.

The name kind of implies that her behaviour would be much like that of a krayt dragon, if not exactly that a krayt dragon..

And since it would have to be a endgame crystal to be worth the effort, not to mention it is not crafted It is not a stretch to belive it is dropped of a max lvl mob.

And if people do get around to spawning it, it does sound like there would be quite a few steps involved in doing so.

I find absolutley no reason to belive white crystal would be of hoth, there is nothing in the lore that points to it.

Exactly, we only went there because we gave him the benefit of the doubt. I assumed it was tattoine all along as the only white crystals in lore were from here.

Dont suppose there is any way to get the womp rat with all the buffs on him to bite a bantha ? :p

Personally I have been unsucsessful in even kiteing the rat as other claim to have, so just throwing ideas out there :)

Edited by Munx

True but silver and white are almost impossible to tell the difference in saber color just look at Kotor 2 those silver blades look very white to me. However, if it is like the magenta crystal the Durdindfire gem might make more sense given that it is naturally occurring in some way like the adega crystal on illum.

However, this is all speculation until we get a solid hint from the devs all we can really do is flail around in the dark and try every possible lead.

Just a dumb question.... has anyone drink the buff at tatooine, and walked pass the dune sea exhaustion zone (out of the zone)? or perhaps used the frozen drink and walk? since it does heal the player up pretty fast? maybe then, there'll be a boss that spawn in the dune sea specially at the exhaustion zone? (with the frozen water) it seems plausible to keep clicking on it? Edited by pangwl

Not be the naysayer, but I can't help but wonder if the white crystal is not meant to be found and all of this is just fun for the devs. In an age where games companies love to have content out day 1, and only AVAILABLE at later date for possible DLC/Expansion packages, I can't help but feel this way.

I wouldn't go and call Catch a douchebag, we don't know exactly how he did it or why he did it. For all we know, he may have saved everyone here and forced the devs hand to actually release this out.

Again not to be a negative nancy, but just being realistic and providing another perspective.

Speaking of krayt dragons, has anyone been able to summon something by interacting with the krayt dragon skull on tat in the bone place of the dune sea? I first thought that this was the world boss but apparently that is not the way to summon trapjaw. Has anyone else been able to summon this? hopefully this relates to the crystal. Sorry if this has already been brought up.

Speaking of krayt dragons, has anyone been able to summon something by interacting with the krayt dragon skull on tat in the bone place of the dune sea? I first thought that this was the world boss but apparently that is not the way to summon trapjaw. Has anyone else been able to summon this? hopefully this relates to the crystal. Sorry if this has already been brought up.

Where are the coords to the skull? I will go take a look around the Dune Sea experimenting with the exhaustion zone etc.

edit: Also one awesome thing that can come from our random brainstorming is that Bioware could see the ideas and actually use them for puzzles down the road.

Edited by Vandaman

A friend of mine found that piece of info last night. We figured that it might have something to do with the Malnourished Bantha in the middle of the Dune Sea...

Maybe you can interact with the Bantha somehow and spawn a Krayt Dragon that drops a quest item.

A friend of mine found that piece of info last night. We figured that it might have something to do with the Malnourished Bantha in the middle of the Dune Sea...

Maybe you can interact with the Bantha somehow and spawn a Krayt Dragon that drops a quest item.

I was just about to post this as I am sitting near that bantha right now. Any ideas what we could feed it? Or what we need to do

edit: It isn't far from the giant skeleton of what I assume is a krayt dragon either.

Edited by Vandaman

I was just about to post this as I am sitting near that bantha right now. Any ideas what we could feed it? Or what we need to do

edit: It isn't far from the giant skeleton of what I assume is a krayt dragon either.

Bantha Fodder?