Weakest Star Wars Character

Beniboybling

How were they caught off guard?

1. They knew they were arresting a Sith Lord, Anakin told Mace Windu that Palpatine was a Sith Lord right before they left to arrest him. I doubt Mace would have kept that information to himself.

2. The Jedi walked in and immediately turned on their sabers, and they had the upper hand right off the bat.

3. They watched Sidious draw his saber and accuse them of treason before he sprung on them. What did they think was going to happen at this point?

If this was being caught off guard then the Jedi simply weren't paying attention to the situation that unfolded right in front of their faces.

EDIT: In the movie the Jedi did seem as though they were caught off guard... but why did it turn out so badly for them? Even though they went into that scenario as trained Jedi who knew they were there to arrest a Sith Lord. Not only did they die, but they died fast and seemed to put up almost no resistance. That's why i dubbed them the weakest characters in Star Wars.

Admittedly they did go down pretty quick, but Sidious was the most powerful sith lord of all time. Such a person doesn't have lightsaber duels, he has kill fests, those Jedi didn't stand a chance. Sidious also had a reputation to maintain :D

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How were they caught off guard?

1. They knew they were arresting a Sith Lord, Anakin told Mace Windu that Palpatine was a Sith Lord right before they left to arrest him. I doubt Mace would have kept that information to himself.

2. The Jedi walked in and immediately turned on their sabers, and they had the upper hand right off the bat.

3. They watched Sidious draw his saber and accuse them of treason before he sprung on them. What did they think was going to happen at this point?

If this was being caught off guard then the Jedi simply weren't paying attention to the situation that unfolded right in front of their faces.

EDIT: In the movie the Jedi did seem as though they were caught off guard... but why did it turn out so badly for them? Even though they went into that scenario as trained Jedi who knew they were there to arrest a Sith Lord. Not only did they die, but they died fast and seemed to put up almost no resistance. That's why i dubbed them the weakest characters in Star Wars.

Well for one:

1. They had no idea exactly how powerful Sidious was.

2. He moved really really fast. It may not seem that fast in the movie, but that's only because so we can see what happens. In the novel, Sidious moved like a blur or along that line.