Legacy Wide datacrons

AshlaBoga

I find PvE endgame content a real chore. So maybe there should be a Legacy unlock that gives my agent a piece of endgame gear every time my consular attends an operation? It certainly won't affect YOUR gameplay.

I was just about to write something like that. I mean, why should I go through all those ops more than I need to to get 1 BiS set of gear? It's time consuming u know ;). All legacy characters benefiting from finishing 1 ops would be on par with legacy wide datacrons.

Edited by zzoorrzz

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) It's only a chore if you make it a chore. You can skip em, and won't notice the difference, or simply pick em up when you're doing a mission nearby, taking a detour of less than 5 minutes on most cases, so I wouldn't call that a chore either.

2) If you play a story line exactly the same on a different advanced class, then that's your own choice. It's not hard to pick a different conversation option once in a while though.

I find PvE endgame content a real chore. So maybe there should be a Legacy unlock that gives my agent a piece of endgame gear every time my consular attends an operation? It certainly won't affect YOUR gameplay.

Totally....the...same...thing.....:rolleyes:

I'd really like to see this happen. It makes me extremely upset that this thread is over 6 months old and 33 pages long making it the most active thread on the first page of the suggestion forum, but yet there is no official response or notice from anyone here. Do they even look in the suggestion forums? Edited by chriscshunter

Why? Would it bother you that other people got a feature they wanted, even though it doesn't detract from your gaming? Sounds weird to me. Dont want it, dont buy it - everyone is happy.

Datacrons are basically easter eggs. Once you've found one they are no longer fun and just becomes a chore to go get it. Much like replaying the exact same storyline with different advanced classes.

The point is to play this game.. Not look for ways to get things free.. Do you really have to ask how it effects everyone else?? I mean seriously??

If you don't want the stats then don't put forth the effort to get them.. Everyone is happy..

Why don't you just play the game and stop looking for ways to make it easier.. If getting the datacrons is to hard for you, then you don't need them.. How about you just play the game and stop asking Bioware for lazy legacy stuff..

Datacrons are not easter eggs.. They provide real stats.. You can also stop attempting to decide for everyone what is or isn't fun.. If it isn't fun for you.. Then don't do it again.. Simple as that.. If you want the stats, then stop whining and put out the effort for them.. Now everyone is happy.. :rolleyes:

Edited by MajikMyst

1) It's only a chore if you make it a chore. You can skip em, and won't notice the difference, or simply pick em up when you're doing a mission nearby, taking a detour of less than 5 minutes on most cases, so I wouldn't call that a chore either.

2) If you play a story line exactly the same on a different advanced class, then that's your own choice. It's not hard to pick a different conversation option once in a while though.

Oh!!! Totally this!!!

Why don't we have legacy ops and flashpoints?? I totally think we should get gear for all our alts when we run an op.. That would be totally awesome!! How does it effect you?? Seriously.. :p

/thread

Edited by MajikMyst

Some people find it an annoyance of repeating the same task, very time consuming for menial gains. I believe doing it once on each faction should be enough. I've done it over 6 times now, and its getting a bit old...

Then don't run ops, don't do dailies, don't level alts, don't run flashpoints, don't do warzones... Did I miss anything?? Oh yeah.. Don't play MMO's.. :rolleyes:

If it is menial gains.. Then don't worry about it.. Sounds simple enough to me.. :eek:

Edited by MajikMyst

Then don't run ops, don't do dailies, don't level alts, don't run flashpoints, don't do warzones... Did I miss anything?? Oh yeah.. Don't play MMO's.. :rolleyes:

If it is menial gains.. Then don't worry about it.. Sounds simple enough to me.. :eek:

You're taking what I said out of context and to the extreme. I know Washington blows bro and it rains all the time up there but your still nothing but a troll, so take your faulty attitude elsewhere, because you aren't proving a point other than the fact that your a pathetic loser. This is a suggestion thread for contructivity, not a place for your flaming. /ignored

Edited by chriscshunter

You're taking what I said out of context and to the extreme. I know Washington blows bro and it rains all the time up there but your still nothing but a troll, so take your faulty attitude elsewhere, because you aren't proving a point other than the fact that your a pathetic loser. This is a suggestion thread for contructivity, not a place for your flaming. /ignored

I am not taking anything out of context.. You complained that you don't like repeating stuff.. A common argument here.. To bad that an MMO is almost nothing but repeating stuff..

You then tried to justify it being legacy by implying it was no big deal, that it was only a menial gain.. I simply turned your own argument against you.. If it is such a menial gain?? Why be worry about them being legacy?? It works both ways there dude..

I am sorry you simply can't handle basic logic and facts.. Resorting to name calling and insults isn't going to help your cause..

Yes it is a suggestion thread.. And people also have the right to voice their views against said suggestions..

Flaming?? Wow.. All this because I turned your own arguments against you.. Have a nice day dude.. :D

Edited by MajikMyst

Oh!!! Totally this!!!

Why don't we have legacy ops and flashpoints?? I totally think we should get gear for all our alts when we run an op.. That would be totally awesome!! How does it effect you?? Seriously.. :p

/thread

I personally think that new gear gives you far more stats than 40 more endurance or some other stat. But maybe it's just me. :)

I personally think that new gear gives you far more stats than 40 more endurance or some other stat. But maybe it's just me. :)

We are not talking about just the endurance ones.. And no.. Going up a single tier does not get you +40 to any one stat on a single piece.. The datacrons get your +30 to all base stats, and +40 to endurance.. That includes, strength, cunning, aim, willpower, and presence..

Also these stats don't take up a gear slot.. It really is up to personal choice.. But there is no reason for them to be legacy..

We are not talking about just the endurance ones.. And no.. Going up a single tier does not get you +40 to any one stat on a single piece.. The datacrons get your +30 to all base stats, and +40 to endurance.. That includes, strength, cunning, aim, willpower, and presence..

Also these stats don't take up a gear slot.. It really is up to personal choice.. But there is no reason for them to be legacy..

Yeah, you may need the huge amount of 2-3 (maybe even 4!) pieces to get the +40 endurance and +30 to main stat. Not to mention that these give you also stuff like critical rating or power. And that, at least as far as I know, at least 2 of the main stat candidates are completely useless to your character (even 3 of them in some cases, like sorcs who don't use their lightsaber at all and don't need strenght).

You can even rationalize it in-game. A light-side character, or most Republic characters, would find a datacron and bring it back with them to turn over to, say, the Jedi Order, who would make the information in the datacrons available to anyone for the general benefit of all. Dark-side characters, and most Imperial characters, would find a datacron and take it, either keeping its secrets for themselves and their legacy, or turning it over to the Sith Order or the Empire, with a condition of the deal being that anyone in their legacy would have access to them. Either way, the rest of your legacy benefits from your having recovered each datacron. The concept that your characters are going to be exploring the different worlds, run across this object of massive historical value, and then just leave it there is ridiculous.

I concur. To avoid level 1s with godlike Datacron-boosted stats, stat bonuses should be unlocked when they reach the level appropriate for the planet they were found.

Seriously, datacrons become an annoying chore once you've done them two-three times, even if you only grab the class-relevant ones. Especially the Fleet one, if you start and coordinate the group yourself (not every character gets a free ride on the rainbow Sage/Sorc pull train of friendship and magic).

Yeah, you may need the huge amount of 2-3 (maybe even 4!) pieces to get the +40 endurance and +30 to main stat. Not to mention that these give you also stuff like critical rating or power. And that, at least as far as I know, at least 2 of the main stat candidates are completely useless to your character (even 3 of them in some cases, like sorcs who don't use their lightsaber at all and don't need strenght).

But see.. The issue is.. All that really is irrelevant..

People will put more effort in upgrading a single piece of gear, for far less stats.. They will also do it over and over again..

There is just no basis to justify making the datacrons legacy.. Which is my point.. :)

There is just no basis to justify making the datacrons legacy.. Which is my point.. :)

There is no "basis" to justify a lot of things, including those that provide negative experience, in the game.

Legacy datacrons being a reasonable quality of life improvement is "basis" enough, though.

Make it Legacy-50 perk, Sub-exclusive, or CM-bought Legacy perk, I don't care. BW gets their money, players get one less pain in the behind.

Edited by Helig

But see.. The issue is.. All that really is irrelevant..

People will put more effort in upgrading a single piece of gear, for far less stats.. They will also do it over and over again..

There's a quest series that to me, is similiar to datacrons: it takes ages to complete, requires characters on both factions, requires grouping and/or pretty good gear to complete (like datacrons in heroic areas) and offers a nice prize at the end, but not something you couldn't live with. This quest series is imo actually quite a lot easier, because I didn't have to jump one single time during it. And still, the reward of this quest series, HK-51 companion, is a legacy unlock.

There's a quest series that to me, is similiar to datacrons: it takes ages to complete, requires characters on both factions, requires grouping and/or pretty good gear to complete (like datacrons in heroic areas) and offers a nice prize at the end, but not something you couldn't live with. This quest series is imo actually quite a lot easier, because I didn't have to jump one single time during it. And still, the reward of this quest series, HK-51 companion, is a legacy unlock.

Yeah... I'd say HK-51 is a bit better than +30 stats........ :D

That specific quest chain was released together with the option to unlock it. So it does not trivialize previous content.

That specific quest chain is also a joint venture between 2 or more characters within a legacy. You simply can not do it with only 1 character within your legacy, so the quest is by design a legacy effort. Which is pretty obviously why the reward is also legacy wide unlockable.

That specific quest chain was released together with the option to unlock it. So it does not trivialize previous content.

That specific quest chain is also a joint venture between 2 or more characters within a legacy. You simply can not do it with only 1 character within your legacy, so the quest is by design a legacy effort. Which is pretty obviously why the reward is also legacy wide unlockable.

Its actually not a legacy wide unlockable. More so a faction wide. Yes have to do the quest to unlock it on both factions not just one. Honestly your argument is really trivial and the point is confusing. They could make it where you need to find the datacrons on both factions just in the same.

Not sure why you would choice that direction in the defense between the two. They are 2 different things.

Edited by chriscshunter

Yes have to do the quest to unlock it on both factions not just one. Honestly your argument is really trivial and the point is confusing. They could make it where you need to find the datacrons on both factions just in the same.

Actually, you just have to do it once and you can unlock HK on both factions. But anyway, they could do the legacy datacrons so that you have to have all the datacrons from both sides before you can unlock anything.

I made this suggestion long time ago. But seems that BW don't care at all. I post a lot of suggestion, took some time to make it, made graphs, pics, maps. But don't think they care.

Here my post but it' have some other legacy features that could exist:

Legacy

Other suggestions/ideas

Patch 1.x Guilds

Guild HQs

Guild's Quests/Story

World PvP Ideas

Denova (Rep vs. Imp PvP planet)

World Pvp My Ilum Map

Story with different paths

Space Instance/Operation

Example: If you were a level 16 Republic and had gotten all the Ord Mantel, Tython and Coruscant datacrons on other characters, you would gain access to the datacron codex entries and stat benefit as soon as you reached the max level of the planet. So hitting 50 would give you all the Illum ones, 49 all the Corellia ones and so on and so forth.

I can see the achievement unlocks being Legacy wide, but the stat bonus? I think the stat bonus should be reserved for the toon that actually did the work.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.