Legacy Wide datacrons

AshlaBoga

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could do them once per side.

I did them with my first 3 until I got bored and annoyed.

Now I don't even bother because I would have to do then 3 more times.

I doubt this will ever happen, it has been asked for so long.

I refuse to give up hope.

But it isn't just about the time taken for those jumps, it is a lot of LACK OF FUN in a GAME because of the FRUSTRATION of having to platform jump in a game that can't do it reliably.

So? Make a list of those jumps that are too hard, too susceptible to server lag and/or latency, or too prone to glitch.

That's gonna be a very long list. NOT. We're talking about maybe 6 or 7 datacrons out of about 90 datacrons in game.

The VAST majority of datacrons involve nothing more than simply walking up to them and clicking.

The VAST majority of datacrons are located in the vicinity of your mission objectives as you level up, requiring a detour of at most 5 minutes.

You don't even need those datacrons for your viability at endgame content. They are a tremendous help if you pick them up as you level, but when you reach endgame, the benefit quickly evaporates. The fleet datacron gives +10 to all stats for a reason. It's because it's harder to aquire and because no sane person would even bother if it were just +4 endurance or something like that, except for the people who LIKE the datacron hunting.

But, turning the datacron hunting into a legacy perk would take the whole point out the datacron game. Much like it would take the joy out of raiding if raidgear was turned into a legacy perk. Great idea really. Do a raid ONCE with one character, and get a piece of end-game gear mailed to each one of your characters. I'm sure that will sit well with people who enjoy the challenge of raiding.

If you look through all the legacy perks available, did ANY one of them trivialize any content pre-dating the legacy system? Only the companion bonus is borderline on that, but that's the sole exception. The legacy system is not designed to make content obsolete. It's made to ADD to your content.

And HK? Well, for one, HK was released AFTER the release of the Legacy system, and the legacy unlock was included with its release. The Legacy system was required to get HK even, you couldn't, and still can't, get HK using only 1 character. However, you can get HK by using multiple characters. 2 characters of opposing faction is just a minimum. So it's a legacy-effort, hence the legacy perk makes sense.

In your opinion the datacrons are not required for end game content, but since a lot of the HM and NiM stuff requires better stats then I disagree about it not being a requirement.

So what if you personally find it fun to research and spoil events from each planet so you know where to go to find and reach each datacron as you level. I like the feel of exploring for things for myself and so it is easy to miss the datacrons as one levels with the nature of how they are hidden some times. That isn't the experiance you get when you have to go back and do it time after time at end game to make your toon competitive for team events.

So what if you can jump effectively in this game, it is not your elitist little throne to demand others play as you do.

It is a game, and a lot of people are asking for this feature that does not remove the need to do this content, just the need to repeat the worst of this content, and play/pay for the reward in a different way.

It takes nothing from you so get off your high horse.

Exploring is fun. Finding is fun. Platforming in this game isn't fun.

I've shown that platforming is <10% of the Datacrons, or <20% of the Datacrons if you want to be picky, that means 80-90% of the Datacrons are just walk-to-and-pick-up but what you and others love to do is proclaim that the sky is falling and your lives are ruined cuz you have to work a little harder to get a few of them.

Instead of looking at it as 80-90% are easy and the last few are tough/annoying/boring you guys all freak out and make outlandish claims that every single one of them is tough/annoying/boring and rather than adjust to the game you're trying to shout loud enough that they change the game to fit you, and that's pretty bogus.

TL;DR - So what? If you can't make a few jumps on a few Datacrons maybe this game isn't for you.

If anyone wants help getting any of the Datacrons and is on Jedi Covenant I'd be more than happy to oblige. Just add D'alari'ia and we can go adventuring together.

DATACRON TIP of the YEAR:

If you didn't get the Datacrons while leveling, just wait until you start the Seeker Droid and Shroud missions cuz they take you back to almost every planet and you can get them while you're there.

If anyone wants help getting any of the Datacrons and is on Jedi Covenant I'd be more than happy to oblige. Just add D'alari'ia and we can go adventuring together.

DATACRON TIP of the YEAR:

If you didn't get the Datacrons while leveling, just wait until you start the Seeker Droid and Shroud missions cuz they take you back to almost every planet and you can get them while you're there.

Add Elara'Myst for 'The Harbinger'..

I'll be glad to help.. Tip above is awesome!!

Getting datacrons is great practice for last seeker droid and Macrobinoculars quests.. You think you do a lot of jumping in getting the datacrons?? You haven't seen nothing yet.. :D

Edited by MajikMyst

I'd love this. I'm not lazy, I'm just absolutely horrible at jumping. It took me 5 hours to get the endurance +10 on Makeb. If I want it to all my characters (22) and it will take as long, I will spend 110 hours trying to get one single datacron. I'd love to use those 110 hours to do something else in the game instead.

I'd love this. I'm not lazy, I'm just absolutely horrible at jumping. It took me 5 hours to get the endurance +10 on Makeb. If I want it to all my characters (22) and it will take as long, I will spend 110 hours trying to get one single datacron. I'd love to use those 110 hours to do something else in the game instead.

So basically you are telling all of us.. That, no matter the amount of practice, you will never get better at something?? Or would you like to correct your math?? ;)

Edited by MajikMyst

I hope they don't do this. My former guild, every week we'd run datacrons. It was a nice group content that wasn't combat based (which is VERY rare in this game). It was group because someone led (as many hadn't done it before or forgot) and we'd get the people who were bad at jumping through most stuff by using sages, shadows and vanguards (or having them leap themselves if they had the abilities to).

So basically you are telling all of us.. That, no matter the amount of practice, you will never get better at something?? Or would you like to correct your math?? ;)

Hard to say, since I have gotten the datacron only once now and tried 2 times on another character of mine, and after jumping to my death both times decided to do it another time. Unfortunately, I hate math and I'm not going to even try to come up with some equation that would consider the fact that I might or might not get better in that jumping, so I did a simple calculation how long it will take if I don't get better in that jumping business. I also mentioned that the calculated time assumes that I won't learn anything, so I believe the people reading my post can make their own assumations on how long it will take. Maybe not the full 110 hours, but lots and lots of hours anyway.

Edited by Seireeni

Hard to say, since I have gotten the datacron only once now and tried 2 times on another character of mine, and after jumping to my death both times decided to do it another time. Unfortunately, I hate math and I'm not going to even try to come up with some equation that would consider the fact that I might or might not get better in that jumping, so I did a simple calculation how long it will take if I don't get better in that jumping business. I also mentioned that the calculated time assumes that I won't learn anything, so I believe the people reading my post can make their own assumations on how long it will take. Maybe not the full 110 hours, but lots and lots of hours anyway.

I guess my issue is, people really seem to sell themselves short and just put a capital 'L' on their forehead and call it a day..

I am not going to say that all the jumping is easy.. But there are tricks you can do to make it easier.. Practice standing in a single location and jumping forward without having to run.. Just jump forward.. If you can do that, then any and all jumping mechanics in the game is easy..

Just wait till you try the Heroic 4 for the Seeker droid quest.. You have to jump from speeder to speeder while flying through Nar Shaddaa..

You are not going to get way from this jumping stuff.. The datacrons are very much just a warmup..

Seriously.. Stand on a box and just jump foreword to another box or something.. Practice that single move.. Master that and you will have mastered all jumping in the game.. No.. You do not jump further by running.. Running into a jumps leaves you open for jumping late and missing the jump.. Or two early and not jumping far enough.. Position your character at the best spot, and jump.. Easy sauce.. :)

On a side note.. This same trick works in Mario Bros.. :p

Edited by MajikMyst

Since I don't play Empire, I'll never see some of the Datachron entries.

And please don't try to persuade me. I've already made up my mind.

If you've already done all datacrons accessible by Republic characters, then you've already got the hardest ones. Imp datacrons are a piece of cake by comparison, the hardest one they have (Cunning on Nar Shaddaa) is more or less comparable to the one on Coruscant in Justicar territory.

My first time getting the +10 Endurance on Makeb took about 40 minutes. The next time maybe 25 minutes. Now I've got it down to 10 minutes unless I miss the floating platform and have to wait.

The point is, once you learn how to do it you one-shot it unless you actually try and screw it up. Every time I go get it I take a few people with me.

90% of the Datacrons require LITTLE to NO jumping, so why do people only focus on the 10% and make it seem like the entire game is "platforming"?

The term "elitist" has been thrown around as derogatory at any of us who think people who want this Legacy Perk are lazy and somehow we're the bad people aka elities. Well, let me say, those same people who decide they want everything handed to them can also be "elitist" cuz they think they're more important and should have whatever they want cuz "they worked hard to get it once so why should they have to get it again".

totally agree, there's no reason to bring a 2nd character through the ordeal of going through all the datacons if you have your first already have them.

You can even rationalize it in-game. A light-side character, or most Republic characters, would find a datacron and bring it back with them to turn over to, say, the Jedi Order, who would make the information in the datacrons available to anyone for the general benefit of all. Dark-side characters, and most Imperial characters, would find a datacron and take it, either keeping its secrets for themselves and their legacy, or turning it over to the Sith Order or the Empire, with a condition of the deal being that anyone in their legacy would have access to them. Either way, the rest of your legacy benefits from your having recovered each datacron. The concept that your characters are going to be exploring the different worlds, run across this object of massive historical value, and then just leave it there is ridiculous.

You can even rationalize it in-game. A light-side character, or most Republic characters, would find a datacron and bring it back with them to turn over to, say, the Jedi Order, who would make the information in the datacrons available to anyone for the general benefit of all. Dark-side characters, and most Imperial characters, would find a datacron and take it, either keeping its secrets for themselves and their legacy, or turning it over to the Sith Order or the Empire, with a condition of the deal being that anyone in their legacy would have access to them. Either way, the rest of your legacy benefits from your having recovered each datacron. The concept that your characters are going to be exploring the different worlds, run across this object of massive historical value, and then just leave it there is ridiculous.

Datacrons evidently can't be moved away for some reason, probably they would lose their power. If they could be moved, we could simply collect them and they would respawn.

Datacrons evidently can't be moved away for some reason, probably they would lose their power. If they could be moved, we could simply collect them and they would respawn.

Which doesn't make sense seems there's no other datacron like that in the EU (that I'm aware of).

-----------------------------

Either way, I really don't get why people are so up in arms over its promoting Laziness. So what? It does not affect the other person's gameplay in any way.

How about do nothing and be done with it.. That is much better and easier.. :)

Why? Would it bother you that other people got a feature they wanted, even though it doesn't detract from your gaming? Sounds weird to me. Dont want it, dont buy it - everyone is happy.

Datacrons are basically easter eggs. Once you've found one they are no longer fun and just becomes a chore to go get it. Much like replaying the exact same storyline with different advanced classes.

Why? Would it bother you that other people got a feature they wanted, even though it doesn't detract from your gaming? Sounds weird to me. Dont want it, dont buy it - everyone is happy.

Datacrons are basically easter eggs. Once you've found one they are no longer fun and just becomes a chore to go get it. Much like replaying the exact same storyline with different advanced classes.

1) It's only a chore if you make it a chore. You can skip em, and won't notice the difference, or simply pick em up when you're doing a mission nearby, taking a detour of less than 5 minutes on most cases, so I wouldn't call that a chore either.

2) If you play a story line exactly the same on a different advanced class, then that's your own choice. It's not hard to pick a different conversation option once in a while though.

I find PvE endgame content a real chore. So maybe there should be a Legacy unlock that gives my agent a piece of endgame gear every time my consular attends an operation? It certainly won't affect YOUR gameplay.

Edited by AsheraII