Low iinvestment guild?

elihaun

Hello! I am a new player, not only to SW:TOR, but to MMO's In general. I am thinking of joining a guild but everyone i know of has a requirement of being on guild forums for so many hours a day or playing so many hours in a week. I am a college student in an art program, so I don't have all that much time to play. I don't want to spend all my time in a forum when I could be spending that time playing. I was just wondering, is there was a guild that I could enjoy without making a huge time investment?

Sure....I'd say MOST don't actually require much. Depends on what *you* want out of a guild, really. My guild really doesn't require anything of people other than that they don't ninja our guild bank and act like a tool :p If they are part of our operation team, we do expect that they show up prepared or else give us a heads up if something comes up.

Hello! I am a new player, not only to SW:TOR, but to MMO's In general. I am thinking of joining a guild but everyone i know of has a requirement of being on guild forums for so many hours a day or playing so many hours in a week. I am a college student in an art program, so I don't have all that much time to play. I don't want to spend all my time in a forum when I could be spending that time playing.

You're an art major? You should have all the time in the world :p

As the other poster said, most guilds I know of are pretty flexible...

You're an art major? You should have all the time in the world :p

As the other poster said, most guilds I know of are pretty flexible...

I leave the house at 6 in the morning, go to class, tutor (my job), and do homework. I usually don't get home till 8 or nine at night. I go to bed at 10.

I think I found one though. Just waiting for aprovial

Most guilds that advertise are the ones that will have specific foci, and will recruit those type players who are willing/able to meet their purpose and schedules. A lot (not all) of the more casual types you are looking for don't advertise and don't actively recruit often, if at all. You'll have to find a person to whisper and hope they have /ginvite privileges.

For example, I am in a Imperial Guild whose primary purpose (for now) is to be a resting place for our Republic Guild's Imperial alts. There is no structure to it ; we'll help each other out but for the most part we play solo. It's all we want for now. I'll bring people into it, but I make sure if they are looking for anything more than a (cool) guild nametag they should try elsewhere. If they want to try to make something of the guild I direct them to our Imperial / Republic Guildmaster and let him decide if he is good with it.

Who are we? The Imperial Guard is on The Harbinger. If this type of loosely structured guild matches what you (or anyone) wants, feel free to ask for an invite. Most of us who will be on will either have invite rights, or at most will have to log another character to do so.

Names to look for (me) Coe'us, Csara, Taor'tera. Cyclasm, Achero, Amarik. (yeah, I like alts)

I guess I should cut/paste this to the server guild forums. Maybe I'll get to it, lol.

Edited by amaresch