Is Armstech worth it?

VoratusTOR

I've been leveling Armstech as best I can on my character, who's now just shy of level 20 with Armstech around 90. So far the ony thing useful I've made out of it is one blaster rifle for a companion. The gear you can make always seems inferior to mission rewards (especially if there's a heroic mission gun reward).

Does it get better? I feel like I've been wasting my time with this skill.

I've been leveling Armstech as best I can on my character, who's now just shy of level 20 with Armstech around 90. So far the ony thing useful I've made out of it is one blaster rifle for a companion. The gear you can make always seems inferior to mission rewards (especially if there's a heroic mission gun reward).

Does it get better? I feel like I've been wasting my time with this skill.

Have you been reverse engineering to improve your recipies? I am not shure about the guns themselves but I know purple level barrels kick but.

Yeah it gets better. I am 400 and can make some nice stuff. Sadly it seems like the only thing worthwhile are barrels for orange guns though =/

It seems the nature of the upgrade system. The mods are going to be the highest demands. I fear armstech is going to be a misnomer, and really should have been called "barrel-maker." :)

it gets good if you reverse engineer your items to make the blue version of the vendor trained green item. then from Blue you can make a purple version for that item. but keep reverse engineering what you make to get the better patterns for each tier.

Yeah it gets better. I am 400 and can make some nice stuff. Sadly it seems like the only thing worthwhile are barrels for orange guns though =/

If you dont mind could you define what makes it better? Short of barrels it is by far the worst of the trades by order of magnitudes. Im doing it in hopes of some love further down the line.

When looking at other trades ala bichem, you see that there are some really nice benefits to having that trade skill. Same with Cyber tech. Armor crafting to a lesser degree (BoP armor). I have looked through the crafting dbs and seen nothing that would make someone really want to have this trade over the ability to make mods that go into ever piece of gear or ship upgrades or a speeder or infinite stims.

it gets good if you reverse engineer your items to make the blue version of the vendor trained green item. then from Blue you can make a purple version for that item. but keep reverse engineering what you make to get the better patterns for each tier.

See this even possibly for armstech? Only things i've RE and managed to get a higher version of it have been barrels but anytime i do guns i get nothing. Either i am EXTREMELY unluck with RE'ing the rifles or they don't do anything at low tiers.

See this even possibly for armstech? Only things i've RE and managed to get a higher version of it have been barrels but anytime i do guns i get nothing. Either i am EXTREMELY unluck with RE'ing the rifles or they don't do anything at low tiers.

As far as I know the only weapons you can't RE into blue then purples are scatter guns and vibroknives. I've personally RE several Autocannons, Pistols, and Blaster Rifles. Sometimes I get them after 5-10 greens, others after about 30. Barrels seem to have a higher chance to RE into the upgrade as I don't recall ever RE more than 15 before getting the blue version

As far as I know the only weapons you can't RE into blue then purples are scatter guns and vibroknives. I've personally RE several Autocannons, Pistols, and Blaster Rifles. Sometimes I get them after 5-10 greens, others after about 30. Barrels seem to have a higher chance to RE into the upgrade as I don't recall ever RE more than 15 before getting the blue version

Hopefully a full list of this stuff comes out on torhead soon. I have completest ocd when it comes to my crafting skills.

You don't always get new recipes for RE. You just have to keep at it. I've gotten quite a few new recipes this way, but it took a lot of tries to get them.

The upside is that it gives materials back, so grind the weapons you WANT to be able to make to make Purple versions of, RE them, then make more, REing those until you're totally out of mats.

I'm barely level 13 and I've got several purple recipes at this point, and the stuff I'm making is better than quest rewards.

• 4 weeks later...

I've RE'd low level cannons into Blue and Purple.