"there is currently noactive subscription on this account"

Aclobat

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is that.. we pay for days wich we are not gonna be able to play... i have sent a report to the costumer service but i don't know how long will it take for me to get an answer (beeing 1:30 hour by now).

It is probably someting they must fix and we can't do nothing about it. They are already aware of the problem, so the best thing to do than complaining here is to wait i guess.

I just bough the game and I am having the same problem. Although I have an active subscription with credit card the client says that I don't have any active subscription.

Well to be honest that is a very bad way to start as a customer and seeing all those people on this thread having the same problem on this issue for so long I would recommend you to be more serious and more professional on this.

No need to say that I was for 45 minutes on hold on international call to England for the support and no1 answered.

That's a pretty bad beginning there,

It is a known bug and they are now having to deal with probably thousands of people with the same issue. So you sit on hold for an hour, just like I have been, and it will get itself worked out.

Whew, thanks for the enlightening PR response. I thought it was just me with the issue, and that it would never be resolved. Now I know better though. /end sarcasm

Of course I'm going to wait. Of course I'm on hold with customer service, calmly I might add. I said I was "annoyed", not "enraged". Knowing that thousands of others are in the same boat and that the issue will eventually be resolved doesn't make paying for a game and being unable to play it less annoying.

Same here, was just convinced to buy this game by a friend. While being sceptical about playing as it is, this error isn't exactly helping, c'mon Bioware you're a better company than this...

EDIT: Able to log on now, don't know if it was persistence that paid off just just plain waiting, oh well I'm online now. Good luck anyone else having this issue.

Edited by Preeto

• 2 weeks later...

They re not going to fix this bug as according to their help site. this ain't a bug but a feature

which is annoying it's like the money we shelved out to try this game is incidental.

They would still demand that we spend even more money on setting up the subscription.

while i understand the busniss sense about it. As a player i feel betrayed no one of the other mmo has been this demanding on it's player base even though the game is great.

In fact with such a great game i feel it an insult they have to use such tactics instead of depending on the game to sell itself , something it could.

So Ea or Bioware which ever of you two who thought this was the way to go.

How about you please change your policy so those of us that bought it to try it actually get to try your game. And then when convinced of it's greatness we can actually do the subscription thingy as it stand. It's like buying clothes blind folded we know it may be great or may be be bad. But since we never even seen the clothes how can we be sure?

• 1 month later...

You can play for free using a new Account for a number of days, or a weekend, as a Trial but as soon as you register a product code, you MUST subscribe to continue playing on the same account.

If you purchase a Game Time Card, then yes, you get an extra 30 days, but you can play up until that runs out.

However, you can't play even if your account has play time remaining - because when you buy the product you get 30 days play time free - BEFORE you subscribe.

It's all wonky.

Basically, registering your product should count as entering a time card for the purposes of determining if you have an active subscription. End of story.

Basically, you don't get to play for 30 days by virtue of buying the game. BiowEAr forces you to buy a time card or set up a recurring subscription before deeming you worthy. Too bad they didn't put that on the retail box. Just one more lie of ommission. Awesome way of making that all important first impression. Edited by shepardcomander

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

Here is a link to the Help Center page that describes what to do when you get a "No active subscription" error:

I get a ’No Active Subscription’ error when I log in to the game!

Please follow the instructions on that page. If you are still having trouble logging in afterwards, click on the link at the bottom of the page for instructions on how to contact Billing Support.