Maintenance Times Kill APAC Prime Time

Esno

stop ya moaning look at the server issues right now no L50s can PvP so many problems and 6 hours in prime time that will hopefully fix this is no skin off anyones nose. So go and watch a blu-ray and have a night off. Edited by elitenz

You kids just dont get it.. you all have a sook because you miss one morning of play... cry cry.. QQ more, when we miss more gametime then that each and every week...we pay more money to play the game and get treated more porley. Oh for one month.. how i would love maintenace to be during US peak.. and see all the QQ posts about it..

You kids just dont get it.. you all have a sook because you miss one morning of play... cry cry.. QQ more, when we miss more gametime then that each and every week...we pay more money to play the game and get treated more porley. Oh for one month.. how i would love maintenace to be during US peak.. and see all the QQ posts about it..

Not to mention all the unscheduled maintenances we have around a new patch; we can have 3, sometimes 4 nights in one week where SWTOR is brought down during our peak time, while US is unaffected.

I hate to be that guy, but since your server pop is so low, it's not affecting to many people vs other Territories.

That being said moving it later in the morning would have no effect on me as I'm always at work then.

And how many people have been driven from our servers and hit the cancel sub because of upto 4 maintences a week? I know a few that just couldn't handle it and have unsubbed.

For me personally 1 maint during our prime time is acceptable (acceptable not good) but when your losing both raid nigths a week thats an issue.

Not to mention all the unscheduled maintenances we have around a new patch; we can have 3, sometimes 4 nights in one week where SWTOR is brought down during our peak time, while US is unaffected.

^

I can handle the one night a week, it's the extra nights and the constant shifting that ***** me.

I understand how frustrating it must be for you guys, but it doesn't make any sense to have maintenance revolve around the minority. It'd hurt BWs profits.

Having a different time for your severs could work, but that'd take extra effort on BWs part. Personally, I don't see it happening, but you never know.

Edited by Radzkie

I understand how frustrating it must be for you guys, but it doesn't make any sense to have maintenance revolve around the minority. It'd hurt BWs profits.

Having a different time for your severs could work, but that'd take extra effort on BWs part. Personally, I don't see it happening, but you never know.

You're missing the point. There would be a time that benefits US and Aus, similar to WoW. WoW had maintenance starting at 10pm for Oceanic servers, which was still an overnight maintenance for US. A 10pm downtime would be much better than a 5pm to 9pm maintenance as at least we could still get stuff done beforehand.

Edited by Chaori

5AM CDT would probably work out better for the most people. There are fewer people on at 5AM in the US, 11AM-1PM in GB, France, and Germany.

There's just no way to avoid hurting the APAC people unless they push the maintenance back another 3, or 4 hours to 8AM - 9AM. Which would burn the euro people's primetime as well.

5AM CDT would probably work out better for the most people. There are fewer people on at 5AM in the US, 11AM-1PM in GB, France, and Germany.

There's just no way to avoid hurting the APAC people unless they push the maintenance back another 3, or 4 hours to 8AM - 9AM. Which would burn the euro people's primetime as well.

This personally would be accepable which atm would make it approx 10-11pm if was 3-4hrs later before server downtime, which is when people that have an early start for work tend to start logging off for the night

God I love this reply. Are you aware that the servers went down during US Prime time last week? Look, here is even the thread for you http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=543287

It is actually amazing how quickly these kind of replies turn around once it is in US Prime time.

I'm quite aware, do I care? no I just enjoy the game and continue on with my life instead of complaining about "ohhh no I didn't get to play I had to spend time away from the computer."

lifeless_losers

So if people work night shift now they should suffer? Self centered if you ask me, but then again it doesn't go down all that often so I don't understand why you are crying about it

Except it has gone down during prime time. Alot. Like I've previously said, I have no issues with the server going down once per week like clockwork. What I do disagree with is when the server goes down upto 4 times in a single week and every single one of those maint's happens during our prime time.

All I see here is another troll.

Except it has gone down during prime time. Alot. Like I've previously said, I have no issues with the server going down once per week like clockwork. What I do disagree with is when the server goes down upto 4 times in a single week and every single one of those maint's happens during our prime time.

All I see here is another troll.

The past week it's only gone down, twice. This week is once so far. To be determined if goes on for many nights. I don't see them going down 4 times in a single week for a while. Then again I got back maybe 3 weeks ago.

No matter what, someone will be affected if the maintenance times were to change. There is always the player who works all day, plays all night, or works all night and plays all day. I don't want to sound like a jerk, but just deal with it.

It's one night out of the week, 4 nights out of the month, that's like 1/15 of your subscription cost. It would be awesome if they implemented separate server maintenance times for the different regions, but it doesn't seem to be happening any time soon. Sure you may argue, "I bet if it was during your prime time you'd feel the same way". Eh.... They have done it and I always seem to find something else to do.

I feel for you guys, but reality is to just suck it up, it's only 4 nights out of the month, maintenance is just a part of MMO's.

I feel for you guys, but reality is to just suck it up, it's only 4 nights out of the month, maintenance is just a part of MMO's.

Yet another person missing the point.......

Once a week, 4 times a month is fine.

What happens when theres more than one maint per week? what happens when your raid night is cut short by "server closing for emergency maint"?

Like i've said many times and will re-iterate one more time.

once per week is fine, but not when we are losing upto 4 nights a week for weeks running?

This personally would be accepable which atm would make it approx 10-11pm if was 3-4hrs later before server downtime, which is when people that have an early start for work tend to start logging off for the night

moving it 4 hours later would mean it moves to rusian prime time (and euopean prime time for the 8 hours maitenance) the only solution i see is regiolock servers and bring down the servers at different times.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.