I don't understand the hate over remake idea.

gabarooni

Im pretty sure it wouldnt happen for at least another 20 or 30 years but if they ever did make Remakes of episodes 4,5,and 5 or even 1-6 I would love it. Im a huge SW's fan and I would love to see the story updated and well done with modern tech and full knowledge of the story w/o all the backtracking and story blunders they made along the way in the original.

I would love.....LOVE to see a modern day telling of Luke vs. Vader with what we understand the force to be today rather then how the protrayed it in the original movies due to lack of technology to do the amazing things we see in movies today.

But really if they did do a remake and you don't want to see them or have anything to do with them well.....Don't Watch Them and Don't Have Anything to Do With Them! lol no one would force (hehe) you to!

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

It is kind of broke among other things whenever I watch the old lightsaber fights I cringe a little bit. Especially the Fight between Vader and Obi-wan wich could be so epic and moving considering what we know of the characters now.

Edited by gabarooni
misspelling.

The 2004 version is good enough. But I think they should make more new movies since there were so many great tales in EU, if they are going to make Thrawn Trilogy movies I don't mind recast of the big 3.

Ive read most of the EU but I really started enjoying them around the time of The Dark Nest Trilogy I would love to see something from that era.

It is kind of broke among other things whenever I watch the old lightsaber fights I cringe a little bit. Especially the Fight between Vader and Obi-wan wich could be so epic and moving considering what we know of the characters now.

One is a machine that doesn't fight in regular terms, who isn't even taking the duel seriously and one is an old man way past his prime who uses Soresu, exactly what else did you expect?

One is a machine that doesn't fight in regular terms, who isn't even taking the duel seriously and one is an old man way past his prime who uses Soresu, exactly what else did you expect?

Well I expect them to fight like extremely talented Jedi and Sith who have a huge emotional backstory. Obi could even revel to Vader that it wasent Vader that killed Padme and so start the seeds of doubt in his mind. Yoda was alot older then Obi and that didn't stop him from being amazing in a fight and everything ive seen/read about Vader in games/books makes him about 300% more awesome then he was in the movies.

Well due to copyrights, Star Wars can't be touched for nearly 100 years. Well or rather 70+ years, so.....ya...and anyway no the movies are fine the way they are why do you wanna change that?

But I do think they should make new movies to increase the influence among the new generation.

The Great Sith War or Thrawn Trilogy, both would be perfect.

I second that, I think the movies are fine the way they are no need to waste money and time remaking them (since they already did that at least 3 times). Now doing more movies that CONTINUE the story in a VISUAL way would be a much better use of time and money. Also I doubt any one other than Harrison Ford could have done the Character of Han Solo. The characters personallity fits his, also doubt anyone will be able to do Luke as well as Mark Hamill did.

I second that, I think the movies are fine the way they are no need to waste money and time remaking them (since they already did that at least 3 times). Now doing more movies that CONTINUE the story in a VISUAL way would be a much better use of time and money. Also I doubt any one other than Harrison Ford could have done the Character of Han Solo. The characters personallity fits his, also doubt anyone will be able to do Luke as well as Mark Hamill did.

Yeah that's why I also said the Great Sith War so they don't have to worry about the problem of recast.

Given the sheer ages of the 3 now, and in the EU, it wouldn't be a stretch to see a Legacy of the Force adaptation or what have you. **** I'm the guy who'd settle for either an Old Republic anime or a CGI series AFTER Clone Wars based on the Legacy era and have Hamill, now hailed as a famed voice actor, return as Grand Master Luke Skywalker.

Given the sheer ages of the 3 now, and in the EU, it wouldn't be a stretch to see a Legacy of the Force adaptation or what have you. **** I'm the guy who'd settle for either an Old Republic anime or a CGI series AFTER Clone Wars based on the Legacy era and have Hamill, now hailed as a famed voice actor, return as Grand Master Luke Skywalker.

That would be something I would look forward to seeing. Not just the Legacy era but the New Republic era, New Jedi Order, but also the Fate of the Jedi eras as well.

That would be something I would look forward to seeing. Not just the Legacy era but the New Republic era, New Jedi Order, but also the Fate of the Jedi eras as well.

well remember, Legacy era begins when Jacen Solo goes Darth Caedus, and ends in the Cade Skywalker/Darth Krayt era. So when I mean Legacy I mean when Luke is just godly in terms of power levels, but he also shares the spotlight with Jaina and his own son, Ben.

But I do think they should make new movies to increase the influence among the new generation.

What?....No, just show them the movies and they will like them. Star Wars doesn't get old, its one of those timeless things that you can't grow tired of. You don't need to remake or put in new movies when you can just watch the old ones.

What?....No, just show them the movies and they will like them. Star Wars doesn't get old, its one of those timeless things that you can't grow tired of. You don't need to remake or put in new movies when you can just watch the old ones.

I will say no since more and more great movies are coming out. The new generation won't have the same love as even the ones started to like it since prequel, not to say people who watched OT in the 70-80s. They need movies of their own time.

Why not make new movies since so many good EU stories are available?

Edited by Slowpokeking

this^^^

the slight adaptations the films have gone through ie cleaning them up and making them look sharper were all that needed doing.

the OT films look as new as the PT right and i bet you if you stuck a kid down and asked him which film they think is older they wouldn't know.

Well if they ever do end up Remaking them im gonna watch and enjoy them and then sit around baffled as too people complaints. I just don't understand why you don't want an updated version. Im a huge star wars fan and because im a huge star wars fan I want to see an updated version.

I just don't understand people that live in the past. The original movies had ALOT of flaws I think you guys just wear rose colored glasses.

Well if they ever do end up Remaking them im gonna watch and enjoy them and then sit around baffled as too people complaints. I just don't understand why you don't want an updated version. Im a huge star wars fan and because im a huge star wars fan I want to see an updated version.

I just don't understand people that live in the past. The original movies had ALOT of flaws I think you guys just wear rose colored glasses.

u want to know why its because the movies are not broken plain and simple. The movies are not broken and it doesn have alot of flaws like you say