My Consular wants to wear pants, dammit!

tausser

You all are forgetting the Civilian Pilot Pants that can be purchased for around 70 Fleet Commendations. My Shadow was wearing pants WELL before level 30 just by running the necessary space missions/dailies.

*Edit* I see someone a few posts above beat me to it. Still, it's worth repeating that the pilot pants are a great alternative to wearing a crappy dress. :-)

Edited by Saberpunk

There are actually quite a few pants for consular (light armor) that you could use. Though most of them require certain social lvl to wear them. Even at lvl social 1 (just do Esseless once and you're set) you can have 2 different pants) and there are even some you can buy with planet commendations.

actually you dont even have to do esseless u can simply pick up a quest on a terminal on the fleet near your AC trainer and handing that in gives you about 10 social points so even those "i wont do fp" fools can get it

Well, what I don't get is that BW would give me the option of pants on Tython - loot drops or, ahem, the vendor sells them(!) - and then suddenly say 'sorry, no more pants for you".

My QQing on this isn't directed at you people but at BW, so maybe it should have been on the Suggestion section.

Well, what I don't get is that BW would give me the option of pants on Tython - loot drops or, ahem, the vendor sells them(!) - and then suddenly say 'sorry, no more pants for you".

My QQing on this isn't directed at you people but at BW, so maybe it should have been on the Suggestion section.

No, no. It's in the right section, man. No worries. Most of us are just letting you know there are options. Those that are criticizing you for not wanting to wear a skirt, yeah, ignore them. I too would like more pants options for Consulars and Inquisitors (hear that BioWare? get on it). It's sad some of the crappy gear they have for us to wear limits our choices to a few out of the way options.

:cool:

Pants, have you seen the robes? That''s what they need to work on. There are plenty of decent knight robes but everything for sage looks horrible. The only one we can use that look somewhat decent, besides the Voss set, is the robe of Deception but I'm not sure if it drops anymore. Either way, shouldnt have to farm Red Reaper for a chance to get a decent upper robe. Even worse on the imp side. Edited by MidichIorian

There are actually quite a few pants for consular (light armor) that you could use. Though most of them require certain social lvl to wear them. Even at lvl social 1 (just do Esseless once and you're set) you can have 2 different pants) and there are even some you can buy with planet commendations.

There's even a few pants that can be made by Synthweavers, and you don't need a social lvl for them, you just need enough money to buy them from the GTN, or enough commendations to buy them form the right commendations vendor.

Do some research, OP, your post is fail.

Some people panic over the most trivial things.

Edited by CaptRavenous

Abandoned my first toon, a Consular, at level 11 when he got to fleet and I discovered he couldn't dual-wield because I had made the 'wrong' kind of Jedi for that.

Six level 50s later, I decided to roll another one (along with the Sith counterpart).

I was forced to trade my pants for a skirt before I left Tython and now, at least judging by the GTN, the soonest I can get him back in pants is level 33! I imagine the Sith will face the same situation, which makes me reluctant to even start playing him.

Color me disgusted. :mad:

there are a pair of modifiable pants in the social vendor on coruscant

Yes, there are SOME pants. However, there are many, many more skirts. The skirts look silly. None of the main Jedi in any of the movies wore skirts. Guys, in general, don't want to wear skirts, and probably don't want most of their toons (especially male toons) wearing skirts either.

So, why is it that MOST of the light armor leg coverings are skirts? MOST of the leg coverings should be pants, with a few skirt options for people that want them.

Same thing with robes. Have you noticed that in both movie trilogies, most of the Jedi inner robes are thigh-length at best?

My guess is that the art department wanted Consulars & Inquisitors to look different from Knights & Warriors. However, many people (the OP, myself, many others) simply don't like the look.

Look at it this way - each class has a whole closet or wardrobe available to them- a selection of different leg coverings, robes, hats, etc. to wear. There may be one or two good outfits in that wardrobe, but the vast majority of that wardrobe is ugly and silly looking. The entire light armor wardrobe, AS A WHOLE, is a failure.

Thx to all the suggested the social option - I now have some nice pants to wear. Too bad the matching chestpiece gives you the blimp butt. So, mixed blessing.

Did they change how social works? I thought you started at zero and then got social 1 at 750 points.

Yes, there are SOME pants. However, there are many, many more skirts. The skirts look silly. None of the main Jedi in any of the movies wore skirts. Guys, in general, don't want to wear skirts, and probably don't want most of their toons (especially male toons) wearing skirts either.

So, why is it that MOST of the light armor leg coverings are skirts? MOST of the leg coverings should be pants, with a few skirt options for people that want them.

Same thing with robes. Have you noticed that in both movie trilogies, most of the Jedi inner robes are thigh-length at best?

My guess is that the art department wanted Consulars & Inquisitors to look different from Knights & Warriors. However, many people (the OP, myself, many others) simply don't like the look.

Look at it this way - each class has a whole closet or wardrobe available to them- a selection of different leg coverings, robes, hats, etc. to wear. There may be one or two good outfits in that wardrobe, but the vast majority of that wardrobe is ugly and silly looking. The entire light armor wardrobe, AS A WHOLE, is a failure.

I feel you on that, bruh. Your quote from Kira in your sig rings true. When I saw that in game, I loled because I was saying the same thing. There are a lot of clothing options on the Sith side that I like that I wish my Republic characters could wear. Some people may feel it is silly to complain about the clothing options for our toons. But for some of us, aesthetics is everything when it comes to your characters. We imagine a look for how how characters want to be represented and displayed in game. No different than how we choose our clothing options to distinguish ourselves in real life.

To those berating the OP because he feels that the clothing options are lacking on for his character. Well. He/she is right. Yes there are options for pants for the Consular side. But they are very few and are lacking in looks and taste. They may be alright and look acceptable to you. But that doesn't mean it should be alright and acceptable to everybody else if it is lacking to them. The only thing we are asking for is more options to make our characters look the way we want them to because aesthetics is just as important as stats and general game play. I really don't see how that is so wrong.