Is watchmen the PVE levelling spec?

Letsjet

As a watchman leveling mostly solo...somewhere around the late 20's I was able to solo content 2-3 levels above me with Kira as a companion. Just keep your gear up to date and learn to use your defensive cooldowns when you really need them. When I finished chapter 1 I dinged 30 in the final mission...all the mobs were 32-33... and I killed them without too much trouble and got the boss on 3rd try, after call on the force came back from CD I wailed on him...he was a 33 elite.

Watchman is really a good spec for solo and if you're actually at level you faceroll everything...on teams you're borderline insanity.

Edited by planet_J

• 2 weeks later...

no. use focus. you can aoe the peeps down in smash!

i leveled up as a watchmen and was really annoyed with it because i had to kill peeps one-by-one. then at my 40s, I switched to focus and man! it's a bliss. all you need to do is jump, build focus, then smash! they're all dead. the aoe is perfect for leveling!

• 2 weeks later...
It'll make things a bit easier. I play an Annihilation Marauder and it's insane. However, I would recommend Combat because it is just so much fun to play. The most fun tree out of all three.
Exactly. :)

I play end game Watchman I just made Marauder to level in Combat (Rage?) tree again. Watchman requires relatively long wind up related to HP of mobs you meet while leveling.

I would consider watchman the leveling spec because you have most of your abilitys by lvl 20 while the other trees rely on the top tier talent a lot more also since you dont get a healer comp until later, the self heals make things slightly easier. Once you get to 40 or so it don't really matter play whatever you want.