Class Ignorance at Bioware

PlagaNerezza

Your recent changes to stun speaks to a problem in your current developer team. You don't understand the differences in classes. You've made universal changes to stun without understanding the impact is far more dramatic on certain classes and will at the end produce unhealthy population trends.

For instance, just because I am a melee class assassin doesn't mean electrocutes stun range doesn't impact me more than other classes.

My gap closer at 30m range is force pull. It has a 30 sec longer cooldown then leap. It is resolve dependent unlike leap. Force leap is 15 sec cooldown and can be used on everyone but people in cover and has damage dealing. I don't have that ability in case you didn't know nor does my force pull deal 7k crits.

Obliterate is a 10m gap closer. Rage spec the new FOTM has it. Assassins don't. So knockback affects me way more than a class with instant range closers that spec with speed.

Force Speed is my closer. It is a great skill and has its positives and negatives as a closer compared to leaping.

My closer is subject to roots, snares and cc and because of its mechanics is rarely used to open an engagement, but that isn't really related, its more of a way to counter the first root/snare that will be hitting you without having to use a cc breaker to continue to close range.

My force pull with a 30m stun was a unique ability that countered snipers/gunslingers sitting in cover unmolested as I could stun them and pull them. This unique skill was nerfed down to 10m. This was a deliberatedly designed to counter that class and you buffed them further by nerfing my stuns range.

You gave out an AOE stun to inquisitors that because i lack the same closers that marauder/juggie has further nerfed my class in comparison.

You've nerfed my mitigation and defenses. I play in light armor.

All I am saying is that electrocutes range along with force pull made up for having a inferior closing mechanism. We had our unique thing. You've nerfed that pretty heavily.

I didn't mention stealth yet. That is our other closing mechanic that makes up for a different closing mechanism. However, our stealth incombat abilities is lower than say marauders whose stealth closer requires direct damage to break. Meaning I have to force shroud and pop my combat stealth using 2 skills break combat and close the gap. Then marauders have predation and obilterate when specced that give speed bursts to help them close gaps when they cannot leap to a target. but can false leap and gain what I have for sprint to do the same thing.

So what I am basically saying again is that while I appreciate the need to reduce stuns and tune the game it seems you have a fundamental ignorance of the underlying mechanics that differentate the classes.

So just so you know, I am rolling a FOTM class, but wanted to point out that when you balance something the impact while seeming marginal isn't for classes.

No I don't want all things equal. I don't want marauder abilities on my assassin. I am not asking for armor or unnerfing mitigation. I am not really even asking for electrocute to have a 30m range.

I am saying you've overly nerfed my class the last 3 patches and will effectively cause the following to occur:

More assassins unsubscribing

More assassins unhappy

More assassins qqing on the boards

More assassins rerolling to FOTM Smashers

Less class diversity

This is a pvp thread as the stun nerf is about the mechanics of PVP and understanding that not all classes are the same and treating all the stuns of all classes equally is ignorant. I used my current example to demonstrate a point. Your welcome to dispute it. Call it whining. I don't really care. As I said. I'll just reroll to a FOTM smasher. I don't think its right I feel its better to abandon a class completely, but the last 3 patches in sum are just overwhelmingly stacked against the class.

So point to 1.4 deception for you defenders, but it still is inferior as a class. It feels like assassin is going the way of commandos and operatives. You've pretty much given us two choices. Reroll or play an inferior class. That is not to say I cannot do well with it either. I can put up damage totals. i can lead the group on the boards in medals and do good damage. I can carry the ball. I am not saying its a useless class as that is misleading. It has good things in the class as do many classes. A lot of my success is related to the advantage it has in full wh stat optimized in the 50 warzones, which is another topic of why you are having a hard time keeping subscribers.

I know this will sound like the grass is always greener, but I can do those things on other classes and not struggle as hard doing them and/or do them better, because the skills function better in the pvp environment.

This isn't like gunslinger/sniper pre 1.2 which was a completely broken ac.

In the future, when you make changes try and understand each class has unique skills and that universal changes sound good, until your the player(s) that it impacts the most at a core level of the class.

Oh its stun range reduction. It isn't that big a difference. Until you look wider at the classes and realize the impact. Would you after reading this being faced at character creation pick:

Assassin or Marauder?

Assassin or Juggie?

It's the series of changes especially that keep hurting our class. You think effectively having first strike because of stealth is worth as much as I have to pay now for that right?

Thank you for wasting some time reading this.

inferior mechanics and dps by way of skills if you want it compiled to a sentence.

You're complaining about ONE of your gap closers having a reduced range? PT's CC was reduced as well as their snare, leaving only a pull. You still have an impressive bag of tricks.

I do agree though, mercs need a nerf. I had one almost kill me the other day.

You're complaining about ONE of your gap closers having a reduced range? PT's CC was reduced as well as their snare, leaving only a pull. You still have an impressive bag of tricks.

I think you make an excellent point on PT's. I used assassins compared to Rage. One I would guess would make similar statements about PT's being harder to play than marauders now for no significant benefit for doing so.

My experience with PT's being similar, except that you have range based attacks and closing range isn't as critical to your class. The point is similar in stun and pull as PT and assassin shared that gunslinger counter.

This is so unfair! Where's the Merc Grapple????? How am i supposed to keep those pesky melee snared reliably with just rocket punch....

Wait....what? What are you complaining about? Are you complaining about your stun or are you complaining about how you get face rolled by Rage spec Marauders and Juggys? Let me get this straight. an Assassin is complaining about class balance?

Wait....what? What are you complaining about? Are you complaining about your stun or are you complaining about how you get face rolled by Rage spec Marauders and Juggys? Let me get this straight. an Assassin is complaining about class balance?

I'm pretty sure we all decided that marauders and juggs need more buffs.