Shadow PVP why does no one like Infiltration.

ShawnyBoi

I've been infiltration from 1-42 (currently 42) and I have no idea why people hate on infiltration shadows so much. I can usually go unbeatable in a game, 95% of the time I'm top score and I've gone 2v1 countless times and come out the victor. I always get told to respec though. Just curious as to why.

i`m playing it now...i cant go back...5-6k+ crits keep me comming back....i can`t go back to Hybrid...

Yes The survivabilty is low but after awhile...you start to see that a fast offense is a great defenense.

When your procs are hitting...3 buttons and your looking for the next target:)

and what build you use? Cos on my Infil i can't get that high hits.

I mean i LOVE playing that class, but on some WZ the constant stunmakes me super squishy, because I can only cut off two stuns (by force of will and resilience), the third leaves me completely helpless with 3 marauders hitting me till death. they do not even need to have crits.

Despite of that the cloak does not cool down immediately, so you cannot flash and stealth at will...

Now, please let us know what build you have after 1.4. I mean in PVP, cos in PVE there's no single issue.

They'll have to pull the infiltration spec out of my cold dead hands! But yeah, like was said, The Kinetic hybrid builds don't lose a great deal of DPS and you are a lot tougher. But me, I like stealth-style play, so i'll keep trying it till I get it right.

i use 2/31/8...and have gotten crits in the 6.9 area.

the 2 points is in armor pen-

the 8 points is in project-

the 31 is all in the damage cept for 2 points in shadowy veil (armor 30%)

...start combat in stealth with spinning kick / CSx2/wait for proc/ SS/ Project...then(4-5 stacks) force breach or Spinning Strike-

i`m also Eite Warlord with 3 peices of the 150 gear...my toon rolls with 1000power/1792 WP/33% crit/78% Surge!!!96.34Accuracy.

This class depends on Crits!!! and losing line of site with enemies...also fight with your Speed boost...easier to land SS when you need to!!!

and to disappear around a corner....

i use 2/31/8...and have gotten crits in the 6.9 area.

the 2 points is in armor pen-

the 8 points is in project-

the 31 is all in the damage cept for 2 points in shadowy veil (armor 30%)

...start combat in stealth with spinning kick / CSx2/wait for proc/ SS/ Project...then(4-5 stacks) force breach or Spinning Strike-

i`m also Eite Warlord with 3 peices of the 150 gear...my toon rolls with 1000power/1792 WP/33% crit/78% Surge!!!96.34Accuracy.

This class depends on Crits!!! and losing line of site with enemies...also fight with your Speed boost...easier to land SS when you need to!!!

and to disappear around a corner....

glad someone is having the same fun as i do

infil is awsome

didn't tried it on rateds but the amount of damage is great

sadly snipers have a blast on us

last night it was hilarious.

On Voidstar gates I was standing doing nothing but spinning strike or force breach on I do not know how many imps trying to plant the bomb altogether, and they did not manage :)

I mean, it was just amazing how hard it was for them to realize that i can interrupt them "en masse".

Finally someone had killed me, but after re spawn they did not get much smarter, still there were like 4 of them trying to plant it, and, well.....we won :)

Resilience, spinning strike, force breach, spinning strike, cloak, ad nauseam :)

Love being squishy infiltrator...

One to note about the people that are "against" infiltration is that a lot of them LOVE the spec. It's very fun to play. It's just that in organized team pvp a hybrid spec can perform much, much better. Most people don't want to hurt their team and thus win chances by playing a fun but very flawed spec.

In random queue for non rated pvp where you may not care as much about winning infiltration is super fun.

It's not that infiltration sucks, isn't fun, or can't contribute. It's just that other specs are much better in organized pvp.

Also, while leveling (10-49) infiltration can seem godlike at times, at 50 things change big time until geared. Once geared though, you're still playing more organized teams, better individuals and classes that have their completed specs. Infiltration is great burst right now, but that's about all it offers unique to it.

With all of that said, it's amazing at humiliating smash/sweep monkeys.

Edited by Mordeguy

I've been looking heavily into Hybrid style builds because there is so much survivability! I came up with this build on my own. I have no idea if anyone has used it before and don't take credit if they have but it suits my playstyle perfectly: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601rfrozbskZfhb0zZf00M.2

Its a mix of consistent dps, outstanding force management and looking for procs. The rotation is Double Strike for Particle Acceleration to proc, then Project for a critical hit, Project will grant Infiltration Tactics and then you Shadow Strike.

With Shadow's Respite, you have 50% force regen for 6 sec out of stealth, 25% damage reduction, plus Blackout's CD is finished with a force cloak, which grants Shadow's respite. If you Leave Stealth>Blackout>Force Cloak>Blackout you have 24 seconds of Shadow's Respite.

To finish it off, there is the beutiful plus sides of the 23 points in KC such as Force Pull, Spinning Kick etc. The 11 points in Infiltration make you highly mobile with Force Speed on 15sec and 15% move speed. I usually don't ever use 2 cc's in one fight. It ends too quickly for me to need it. One spinning kick usually does it, if I use force stun, there is no chance of survival.

Feel free to let me know of any questions, concerns or criticism.

Edited by Luxviridis

I think a Infiltration Shadow can really be a pain in the azz. in Rated-

I`ve held off 3-4 Sith trying to cap my node...then help arrivied and I enjoyed killing them all....muhahah!!!!!

Seems to me that in this Squisher Spec every movement really matters...gets my blood going....gotta dps around corners and kinda plan where yah gonna run when they target you...and waiting for the Exit Strats to hit 5stacks :)

Yes, Hybred is higher DPS over time and more Utility...but getting away from a sniper and then finishing him off with a saber to the back when he thought you where almost dead....is just awesome...lol

And When you really want something to die...it dies...cause after my x2 CS a Cool down or 2 .....bang next 3 hits are in the 4-6k(have seen 7k) range...hmmmm12-18k in 2-3 secs...your pretty much LF next target!!!

Can`t wait to play tonight!!!!

i leveled balance until around 32ish and switched to infil, but the difference in game play is noticeable, it went from a good constant damage class with good killing power but lacking in burst, to probably one of the funnest classes ive ever played in any game. i do think that they should add a bit more into the stealth and break the norm on the usual's (ie. after you break stealth increased force regen) but other then that im loving it and highly suggest it for pvp and leveling!

I think a Infiltration Shadow can really be a pain in the azz. in Rated-

I`ve held off 3-4 Sith trying to cap my node...then help arrivied and I enjoyed killing them all....muhahah!!!!!

Seems to me that in this Squisher Spec every movement really matters...gets my blood going....gotta dps around corners and kinda plan where yah gonna run when they target you...and waiting for the Exit Strats to hit 5stacks :)

Yes, Hybred is higher DPS over time and more Utility...but getting away from a sniper and then finishing him off with a saber to the back when he thought you where almost dead....is just awesome...lol

And When you really want something to die...it dies...cause after my x2 CS a Cool down or 2 .....bang next 3 hits are in the 4-6k(have seen 7k) range...hmmmm12-18k in 2-3 secs...your pretty much LF next target!!!

Can`t wait to play tonight!!!!

yesssssss! you may have to run away but just when you los them is when they least expect that saber in the back =D

Well i run infiltration(2-31-8) all the time in normals and have since launch. I lead DPS mostly every game and survive a lot longer than i used to, I don't think its that no one likes it, just the hybrid build has SO much more utility, you can not pass it up. Hybrid 23-1-17 for rateds is so important IMO. Edited by Jmenks

I love my infiltration shadow. To be honest, hybrids can be pretty decent at pvp. I've tried different specs, but i always come back to infiltration. The semi tank builds lack that knockout punch that i so love with infiltration. Of course I've been using my same stalker set when i try the hybrid builds, so that could be where i go wrong? When i did pvp with the hybrid builds, sure I'd live longer, but just couldn't do enough dmge to control the fight.

As an infil shadow, most 1v1's, your all mine, and i dictate the fight. If the tide turns against you, stealth, regain your composure, and hit him again with a nasty rotation. But personally, i don't like to run and hide in a 1v1, so i mostly use that strategy when a 2nd or 3rd guy joins in.

Also, another problem people have with infiltration shadows, is well, they just stick with the stats there gear came with. The gear is customizable, put mods in that help you, ie, POWER. Willpower has pretty bad diminishing returns around 1500, but power has a pretty good return so far as I've seen on my char.

If done up right, you'll be a wrecking ball cutting through your enemies with regular 4k hits on project and breach, with the occasional 5k-6k hits aswell. If find weakness is up, there's another 5-6k easy with SS, so, that's about 15k on 3 hits, and odds are you can put a 4k-5k spin strike in there to finish, just hope you dont get focused, you will go down fast. These numbers aren't constant, but pretty regular. Just not usually on the same target.

Geez, i guess i had alot to say about that. But yeah, after hitting hard like I am, Its hard to try switching to hybrid to justify living longer. I still dropped like a rock when focused in a hybrid/tank spec (stalker geared).

yup agree with you completely^ Power is the way to go.....i got my crit up to 31% just to see how it was, power was better. I'm fully remodded and enhanced for power and aug WP. I hit consistent 6ks and get even higher alot of the times.

i dont mind playing any of the KC builds (best part is force pulling people off the bridges in voidstar). but to me it doesnt feel like i am trying to do damage. with infil, i feel ninja like and it actually feels like i am trying. and seeing huge crits makes me happy! :D