Give Juggernauts a ride-wide ability

jasonthelamb

Just noticed how many other classes have an ability that can affect everyone in the raid, and I noticed how the Juggernaut does not.

I think a nice raid-wide ability should be put in to even out the classes, because if a Jugg and Mara do the same DPS, the Mara will always get picked because of their bloodthirst...

Edited by jasonthelamb
i cannot spell

I struggle to think of even one that comes anywhere close to Bloodthirst/Inspiration. The Gunslinger/Sniper shield is pretty nifty I suppose but still not on a par.

It wouldn't hurt to give Juggernauts something, yeah, but many other classes don't really have anything either.

An aoe choke maybe? I have seen warrior npc's using it but I forget where, but a version of force choke that chokes everyone within a certin raidus. Also wouldn't the taunt that taunts adds off of everyone in the raid be the aoe taunt that we already have?

*raid wide

wow how did I miss that.

But it's just annoying to be sat because a Mara has bloodthirst, and all a Jugg has is the sunder which doesn't even stack anymore... it's just annoying.

Like for nightmare pilgrim, people would rather take a Mara in Columi / Rakata than me, a Jugg in BH/Campaign (5-piece Campaign), because the Mara has it's bloodthirst.

Edited by jasonthelamb

Well Bloodthirst/Inspiration is just another one in the long, long, long list of tools that makes the Marauder/Sentinel the very best DPS AC in the game and by some distance. Their only disadvantage is being melee. That's it.

15% more damage and 15 more healing for 15 seconds... that is INSANE. By far the greatest utility tool in the entire game. I can understand your frustration but we just can't compete with them.

Well Bloodthirst/Inspiration is just another one in the long, long, long list of tools that makes the Marauder/Sentinel the very best DPS AC in the game and by some distance. Their only disadvantage is being melee. That's it.

15% more damage and 15 more healing for 15 seconds... that is INSANE. By far the greatest utility tool in the entire game. I can understand your frustration but we just can't compete with them.

Yup. it's the downside to their approach to making a pure DPS class "attractive" to a raid. something like this is simply too good to pass up. reminds me of shamans in WoW BC...the skill of pretty much the same name was almost mandatory in raids (until they standardized buffs).

On the flip side...we do provide a raid wide buff that is usually unnoticed (partially due to some other classes providing the same thing...as well as it is usually "just there", especially if one of the tanks is a jugg/guard. and that is sunder. a 20% armor debuff isn't something to ignore. but the mauraders is intense....and visible. so we DO have a raid buff, it just isn't as cool nor as visible as the maruaders.

I think a raid wide shout kind of skill that varied depending on your stance would be fun. Like in Soresu, the raid gets 20% DR for X seconds. in Shien, 20% kinetic increase, and in sho-chi 20% force damage. tht could be a nice buff with a fun mechanic.

An aoe choke maybe? I have seen warrior npc's using it but I forget where, but a version of force choke that chokes everyone within a certin raidus. Also wouldn't the taunt that taunts adds off of everyone in the raid be the aoe taunt that we already have?

This. Great idea, always wanted an AOE choke animation instead of that silly red fear one we have currently. Malgus has this ability already in FE so it would be easy to implement.

Yes I am sure it's only juggernaut being neglected.

Let those Sorcs/Sins/PTs/Mercs/Operatives to pop something for the raid... oh wait...

Only two (2) AC has raid wide buff. Marauder has the best of them, and sniper has a 20% DR shield. That's it. Be glad at least they buffed your derpa tree so everyone can derpalolsmash now.

Yes I am sure it's only juggernaut being neglected.

Let those Sorcs/Sins/PTs/Mercs/Operatives to pop something for the raid... oh wait...

Only two (2) AC has raid wide buff. Marauder has the best of them, and sniper has a 20% DR shield. That's it. Be glad at least they buffed your derpa tree so everyone can derpalolsmash now.

It's also interesting to point out that those are also the only two AC's that have NO other role then DPS.

Things that make you go hmmmmm....

I would say the ability to taunt is a definite advantage we have over marauders. Firebrand is MUCH easier with a jugg/sin/powertech DPS. As a sin tank I hate having to tank swap on that boss, so having a dps that can absorb incinerate is extremely useful. Could be helpful in TFB too if **** hits the fan and a non-tank needs to take a scream.

first of all, Bloodlust does not effect all 8/16 players, it effects 4 (including yourself), it is a party buff, not a Ops buff (unless they changed it in recent patch).

like people have said, we have aoe taunt.

As a juggernaut tank, what I think Juggernauts lack is threat regeneration. Compared to an assassin, we are as threatening as a bunny rabbit untill we taunt. I always say: "please give me time to put 5 sunders on the boss before you start dps'ing" Simply because I have aggro issues if a marauder, highly geared sorcerer and such start nuking. I always shield the marauder, but what if we have more than 1? Then I'm totally scr*wed if I don't get time to sunder the boss. So, make smash generate as much threat as wither does and give us a talent that makes, say force scream do more damage and generate more threat (like the assassin electrify talent).

Wither and talented shock (electrify talent in Darkness tree) generate a ton of threat. There is no way you take aggro off an assassin that just knows sightly what to do, unless you taunt first.

Edited by Fallerup

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.