What is Revan doing now ?

Drawnosaj

The last flashpoint we see Revan is the foundry. (level 30-40 imp think)

I won't spoil anything, but Reven I'm sure will still have a big part to play in TOR being such an iconic character. as for your search coming to an end I think thats just because thats all that has been released so far :)

The last flashpoint we see Revan is the foundry. (level 30-40 imp think)

I won't spoil anything, but Reven I'm sure will still have a big part to play in TOR being such an iconic character. as for your search coming to an end I think thats just because thats all that has been released so far :)

Yep, exactly. I think we'll see all the big characters continuing to play a role in the developing story line.

yes i just finished both side flash points and thats why i asked as i have no idea i was told he goes back to the foundry and gets killed by the Empire the Emp sends men and he has to destroy the foundry as they come to take it and he dies in there making sure it gets destroyed does anyone know if this is true ???? i myself want him to pull malgus head off :p but thats just me

I don't see them coming out with any new Revan material in the near-future, so I want to say he is as good as dead. That is generally what they do to characters that just evaporate into the force, unless they come back as ghosts.

However, nothing is set in stone, so only time will tell.

I don't see them coming out with any new Revan material in the near-future, so I want to say he is as good as dead. That is generally what they do to characters that just evaporate into the force, unless they come back as ghosts.

However, nothing is set in stone, so only time will tell.

Revan: Vanishes at 5-10% Hp. NO BODY ---> NO DEATH.

SWTOR main storyline is Jedi Knight's one..and if you see how JK main quests ends....if "HE" is still alive Revan HAS to be alive (Revan is the ONLY ONE who can counter him as he is too powerfull).

I said as good as dead. No new literature or related media to expand on his character story means he is a dead character. Don't need a body to have a dead character.

pretty sure the swtor team can add a story for him. unless theres legal etc.. anyway i would like to see Revan's story continued in the game.

• 4 weeks later...

We don't really know what Revan is doing now. Personally, I would say that Revan is dead. His story has been told. That's it. No more. The Galaxy's Most Awesome Gary Stu can finally rest.

I don't really grok the attachment to Revan surviving the events of The Foundry. He was an okay character at best, even in KOTOR.

Wrapped in spoilers so if you really wanna know then have a read..

Revan was contained in a prison by the Sith Emperor after the events of the Revan novel, for about 300 years. As republic you free him as you already know. Revan I think visits the Jedi to discuss the Sith threat as he has had access to the emperors mind and knows what his plans are.

Revan then goes to The Foundry which is the same kind of idea as the Star Forge in the KOTOR games which Revan plans to use to defeat the empire. The foundry will spit out lots of droids which are specifically designed to destroy Sith based on DNA and other samples.

Darth Malgus has other plans and dispatches a strike team to take him down, which is the Flashpoint the Empire players do.

Originally, in Beta the players killed Revan, BW had no further plans for Revan, he was supposed to die but due to complaints from the community, they changed the ending to Revan vanishing in an explosion of Force energy when he is at about 1% health. This obviously leaves the door open for future Revan storylines but don't hold your breath, they always intended on killing him off so I doubt they are going to go out of their way to bring him back. The fact he did not die was simply to keep the KOTOR fans happy.

But then again, there is no death, there is the force ;)

Edited by smexymage

Wrapped in spoilers so if you really wanna know then have a read..

Revan was contained in a prison by the Sith Emperor after the events of the Revan novel, for about 300 years. As republic you free him as you already know. Revan I think visits the Jedi to discuss the Sith threat as he has had access to the emperors mind and knows what his plans are.

Revan then goes to The Foundry which is the same kind of idea as the Star Forge in the KOTOR games which Revan plans to use to defeat the empire. The foundry will spit out lots of droids which are specifically designed to destroy Sith based on DNA and other samples.

Darth Malgus has other plans and dispatches a strike team to take him down, which is the Flashpoint the Empire players do.

Originally, in Beta the players killed Revan, BW had no further plans for Revan, he was supposed to die but due to complaints from the community, they changed the ending to Revan vanishing in an explosion of Force energy when he is at about 1% health. This obviously leaves the door open for future Revan storylines but don't hold your breath, they always intended on killing him off so I doubt they are going to go out of their way to bring him back. The fact he did not die was simply to keep the KOTOR fans happy.

But then again, there is no death, there is the force ;)

Only complaint is he needs a more epic death, a strike team is just meh. The Exile's death was a bad joke... :mad:

Only complaint is he needs a more epic death, a strike team is just meh. The Exile's death was a bad joke... :mad:

What, you would have wanted him to die in a collision of supernovas, while skateboarding the shockwave with a Harrower-class dreadnought?

Dying to a "strike team" of 4 of the greatest heroes is quite fine, imo.

ps. Heroes deaths are quite often small and quiet.

Edited by Karkais

Revan: Vanishes at 5-10% Hp. NO BODY ---> NO DEATH.

SWTOR main storyline is Jedi Knight's one..and if you see how JK main quests ends....if "HE" is still alive Revan HAS to be alive (Revan is the ONLY ONE who can counter him as he is too powerfull).

Obi Wan Kenobi didn't leave a body after fighting Vader, because he became one with the force before Vader could kill him. He is definitively dead. The same thing happens to Revan after being defeated in The Foundry. I don't think there's any other reasonable conclusion to be drawn from it, especially when he quotes Malak's final words right before he does it. After spending all that time fighting the Emperor while imprisoned, he goes a little crazy - probably because of the Emperor's influence on him - attempts a mass genocide of people with any Sith heritage and then is redeemed by being defeated and choosing to become one with the force. It mirrors his original fall, when he is redeemed after being defeated by Bastilla and her strike team. It's a pretty appropriate death, in my opinion, choosing to die to save the galaxy from what he has become.

If he features in the future of the story, it'll be as a force ghost.

Edited by Biancaneri

Obi Wan Kenobi didn't leave a body after fighting Vader, because he became one with the force before Vader could kill him. He is definitively dead. The same thing happens to Revan after being defeated in The Foundry. I don't think there's any other reasonable conclusion to be drawn from it, especially when he quotes Malak's final words right before he does it. After spending all that time fighting the Emperor while imprisoned, he goes a little crazy - probably because of the Emperor's influence on him - attempts a mass genocide of people with any Sith heritage and then is redeemed by being defeated and choosing to become one with the force. It mirrors his original fall, when he is redeemed after being defeated by Bastilla and her strike team. It's a pretty appropriate death, in my opinion, choosing to die to save the galaxy from what he has become.

I really like how you put this, tbh I never actually thought of him choosing to become one with the force but it does fit him very well and and makes him even more of a hero than he already was, and also makes me warm to him even more, which I didn't think possible as he is my favorite character.

Well said

Edited by smexymage

There is a dark side ritual in Star Wars, called "Essence Transfer" dating to the ancient Sith Lord Darth Andeddu.

So there's no 100% final death in the end scene of The Foundry.

What, you would have wanted him to die in a collision of supernovas, while skateboarding the shockwave with a Harrower-class dreadnought?

Dying to a "strike team" of 4 of the greatest heroes is quite fine, imo.

ps. Heroes deaths are quite often small and quiet.

This.

I am sure a few years down the road (after this mmo is in the history books) the characters that we currently play will be given names and the storylines we played through will become canon. So it will seem that Revan was in fight with some pretty tough guys.

Just like a certain version of KOTOR is canon now, expect the same here.

Edited by kirorx

I do agree that Revan should be killed off.

However as a fan of Revan I personally would like them to bring him back ONCE MORE. Just to redeem the char, the whole foundry thing was a dissapointment to me (the mass genocide thing).

So bring him back for one last act of heroisem, somthing that will echo through the galaxy.... and then to tie it all up (cus im a softy) see the force spirits of Bastila and the Exile collect revan.

I would also like to see Revan meet Satele...the noetikon of Bastila etc