Post 1.4 Infiltration wz numbers

Kurvv

What improvements have people seen in terms of wz numbers since the 1.4 changes?

In the two days I've played since 1.4, I've had too many hits of over 5.5k to count (which never used to happen before), broken 550k damage 3 times (after doing it twice from Dec-July), and seen my protection numbers go up a little bit as a result of being alive longer.

What improvements have people seen in terms of wz numbers since the 1.4 changes?

In the two days I've played since 1.4, I've had too many hits of over 5.5k to count (which never used to happen before), broken 550k damage 3 times (after doing it twice from Dec-July), and seen my protection numbers go up a little bit as a result of being alive longer.

Your protection numbers...as infil?

I am assuming you deliberately are switching to combat stance in order to get your 3 protection medals?

I am assuming you deliberately are switching to combat stance in order to get your 3 protection medals?

You don't need to use the Combat Technique to have them. Taunts are efficient enough.

Most of the time I'm the one with the biggest protection score of my team while being an Infiltration. And I do quite as much protection as when I was Kinetic spec with tank gear and I didn't use Guard (for some reasons)... So it means my survivabilty is roughly the same in Kinetic + tank gear than in Infiltration + DPS gear... It's pretty sad.

Edited by Altheran

Only had a couple of nights pvping in Inf spec.

Am definitely loving the 5k+ hits, I think before the patch I'd only ever gotten 3 or 4 in total. Now I get 5-10 every match! Some of that is definitely gear improvement (I got WH weapon when 1.4 released) whilst some is definitely class buffs.

Total damage in warzones is roughly the same because warzones just dont last long. I'm still very squishy but I guess it would have been worse without the buffs. I still need to get used to using blackout as a defensive cooldown rather than for force regen.

On the whole though, liking it!

Just respecced to Infiltration last night for a change. I haven't played Infiltration since around January of this year so I had to shake off a lot of rust. Spent most of the night getting my rotation back down. Going from Tank to Stalker is a pretty dramatic change in playstyle and it took me some time to adjust. Went with this build to start: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601bZfhrRkfMRbkZf0c.2

Infiltration burst is definitely there. My Shadow had no trouble crushing opponents 1v1. That's doing a dps rotation of: Spinning Kick - Clairvoyant Strike (x2) - Low Slash - Shadow Strike - Force Stun - Force Potency - Project - Force Breach - Spinning Strike - Blackout/Dis (if necessary). Been working on mixing in an extra Shadow Strike after the opening SK when possible, but depending on the situation, it's not always reliable.

My Shadow is fully geared except for EWH offhand which I will obtain in the next day or so. Average crits were Shadow Strike 5K+, Project 3.6K+ and Force Breach 3.4K+. I had one game with 40K Protection just from Taunts. I never switched stances and stayed in Shadow Technique all night.

Of course, I'm looking to improve my play so any tips or recommendations would be helpful. I ran most of the night with a guildmate who plays a fully geared Kinetic Hybrid. To be honest, my DPS numbers were not that much better than his. I think that had a lot to do with rustiness in the spec and not playing it to its full potential. I'm trying to push the spec to see if it is viable for a DPS slot on our Rated team.

Taunts. Use them.

Seriously though, way too many shadows neglect their taunts. It's bad to see any shadow with 0 protection, but especially facepalm-worthy to see a hybrid who doesn't use guard or taunts.

Taunting Aeo`s gives you big returns...i still find my self ccing and just killing my enemy who AEO`s in front of me:)

But basically in full Infiltration and WH+2 elite gear,only elite healers and tanks stand up to my rotation:)

Normal combat now is 3-4 hits and just when my stuff starts to proc....My target is dead :( and i`m hoping he brought a friend:)

Of course, I'm looking to improve my play so any tips or recommendations would be helpful. I ran most of the night with a guildmate who plays a fully geared Kinetic Hybrid. To be honest, my DPS numbers were not that much better than his. I think that had a lot to do with rustiness in the spec and not playing it to its full potential. I'm trying to push the spec to see if it is viable for a DPS slot on our Rated team.

Well I'm sure you know some hybrids specs can do a lot of damage, that's why combined with their utility they are pretty popular right now. There are many factors that can up his numbers or bring yours down though (works the other way around of course).

He may be doing more aoe, and staying a live longer thus throwing out more attacks. However, most overrated thing in WZs are the numbers at the end. Effectiveness is much more important, but harder to gauge. I had a 500k damage 300k protection game the other day on one of my shadows but it's because the other team had 5.5 (hybrid sorc) healers and didnt have enough dps to down mine (+ 2 other healers) so the numbers didn't really mean much as hp bars were full for most of the wz. We won because despite having 7 people at a node they didn't try to cap it.

Just respecced to Infiltration last night for a change. I haven't played Infiltration since around January of this year so I had to shake off a lot of rust. Spent most of the night getting my rotation back down. Going from Tank to Stalker is a pretty dramatic change in playstyle and it took me some time to adjust. Went with this build to start: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601bZfhrRkfMRbkZf0c.2

After trying different builds im using now a pretty similar one

but i can't drop 2 points in Shadowy Veil and 2 Points in Kinetic Field

Force Management is not an issue so the +10 force from vigor is hardly noticeable

Im having some doubts about not using any points in misdirection but at the same time i don't miss it

Taunts. Use them.

Seriously though, way too many shadows neglect their taunts. It's bad to see any shadow with 0 protection, but especially facepalm-worthy to see a hybrid who doesn't use guard or taunts.

This.

A well placed mass mind control goes a long way. It doesn't even break stealth

Force Management is not an issue so the +10 force from vigor is hardly noticeable

Im having some doubts about not using any points in misdirection but at the same time i don't miss it

It seems we have the same build, and I agree with your statements about Vigor and Misdirection

He may be doing more aoe, and staying alive longer thus throwing out more attacks.

Pretty sure it is this. His survivability in Kinetic Hybrid is significantly better than mine in Infiltration. Plus Force in Balance is AOE DPS gold.

However, I do take some responsibility for the survivability aspect of the combat. I am not used to playing Infiltration and often succumb to playing it like a Tank, which is bad. I'm having to readjust my playstyle significantly, but things are coming around.

My Shadow had his first 400K match last night as Infiltration and is wrecking healers without even finishing a rotation. One thing I've noticed is that a lot of healers stand around and thus leave themselves open to Shadow Strike exposure. So I am using that skill a lot more than I previously intended.

These are great points and have occurred to me in build adjustments. Do you feel that Kinetic Field is really that significant? If so, then I will try it.

I started with Vigor mainly because every other Shadow build I've played ends up force-starved in some way. But you are right. I haven't really felt force-starved so far. I will have to experiment with this and Kinetic Field. I will also play with Misdirection and Shadowy Veil.

Don't do that.

Why not? Spinning Kick is a great opener from stealth (by design), and considering that Infiltration seems to be about keeping your opponent off balance, fits nicely into the rotation.

Both Kinetic field and Veil are defensive boosts that helps u to stay up in the middle of the fight. PvP is an aoe fest , ur perma slowed and with the tons of smashers populating Wz's is more suitable than a speed/cloack boost. Besides u don't want to be a heals sponge and i found it helps to stay up a little bit more

Im still trying to find the optimal point to my gameplay and i can't find any reason to put my infilshadow replacing a vanguard-gs-sent or dps guardian in a Ranked team.

The good thing about infil is that u dont padd damage, u just deliver it and u kill what ur after, is pretty good and precise for healers

Seems that nothing can replace 31-0-10 build in utility for now for Rankeds

If in Infiltration spec and u are still have trouble being squishy u are not keeping shadows respite up enough. If you try to fight with out it then you wiil be squishy. To avoid this you have to keepshadow respite and kinetic field up that is 30 percent damage reduction. I use my cloak and fade just to keep my force and shadows respite up and i have no trouble standing toe to toe with any class other than a power tech.ALso what is this lack of utility you all speak of. WE have 4 stuns and a slow how much more utility do you need. We can taunt also if we had any ore it would not be fair. Finally you will never have a 800k damage match but 500 and 600k matches are doable. I do that all the time we are single target damage no aoe. Our damage is not padded we kill we dont do useless damage. Edited by jonezyboy