Overload being frontal only

Injudicator

I play a Healer Sorc and I generally like it. It's a bit tough to be a healer in WZ, especially in PUGs but I like the challenge.

What I don't like is how you changed overload. According to Bioware using my overload ''can cause players around me to have a BAD experience''. Well, those players around me are trying with all their might to crush me as I am the healer. Now why would I be the bad guy in this situation? Doesn't the stupid incapacitation mass CC of Sentinels not cause a bad player experience?

As with all MMOs you have made assassins, shadows stick behind you and crush you. Couldn't you get out of that cliche? Unnatural preservation is not bad, but healers really needed their aoe knock back as we are being targeted all the time.

I will continue playing and of course group up with good tanks and guildies but you are causing so much pain to unexperienced Sorcs who WANT TO HELP OUT BY BEING A HEALER in random WZs.

Yeah..getting a 15 m kb is totally a nerf!!!

The top sorcs in my guild say this change is a buff to good players and a nerf to noobs..

I agree, I love the change to all of the abilities, Overload is a free knockback of 15m giving much to survivability, plus I use it too time to time as a free damage attack to help do some damage and yes I have killed people with it. It is now much more versatile than before giving me as a healer in PvP. The problem most are facing is learning how to use its utility to its fullest.

I play a Healer Sorc and I generally like it. It's a bit tough to be a healer in WZ, especially in PUGs but I like the challenge.

What I don't like is how you changed overload. According to Bioware using my overload ''can cause players around me to have a BAD experience''. Well, those players around me are trying with all their might to crush me as I am the healer. Now why would I be the bad guy in this situation? Doesn't the stupid incapacitation mass CC of Sentinels not cause a bad player experience?

As with all MMOs you have made assassins, shadows stick behind you and crush you. Couldn't you get out of that cliche? Unnatural preservation is not bad, but healers really needed their aoe knock back as we are being targeted all the time.

I will continue playing and of course group up with good tanks and guildies but you are causing so much pain to unexperienced Sorcs who WANT TO HELP OUT BY BEING A HEALER in random WZs.

Feel the same way. Apparently, the developers didn't realize that those players that got knocked back from overload back when it was 360 degree area were usually beating up on us or chasing us (the healers). The way they explained the change made it sound like the ability was OP and gave sorcs/sages some sort of unfair advantage...which is not true at all. Last night I was playing my sorc in a Voidstar where we came up against a team of 5 jedi knights...3 guardians and 2 sents. There was not one time I spawned where I wasn't being leaped to and hit with lightsabers by 3 or 4 at a time as they obviously knew I was the healer. It's harder now that overload only knocks back the enemies in front of you...like you said, most of the time, they are not an innocent party that wasn't attacking us to begin with. As for those calling people "noobs" for not liking the change, and think the change is really a buff...so what if it knocks enemies back a further distance, if it is only half of the enemies on you, not the others?! The added distance is to give the illusion of a buff when the reason they changed the ability (and BW made this clear) because they thought it was unfair, as they explained. Any time an ability is changed because it was deemed unfair somehow...that is a nerf.

Edited by Solarenergy

1.4 has me at loss. Its like a there is two camps in bioware developing. You get improvements players asked for and then you have a bunch of stuff most of the community is asking where that came from. To me it looks like we've got internal debate raging on strategy to improve the gameplay.

Whatever this patch is hopefully it fixes the performance. The game feels terrible.

I have to say. I don't like it but not because of the changes.

I now realize how many more people don't get affected by it. If I knock back a group of five it seems there is always at least two who don't get hit, sometimes a whole group won't be effected. I didn't notice this as much before.

Now I see the flaws of this ability more, and in that I can expect less from it.

But I do see some advantages of this. It's more focused like they intended, if more people are going to be happy and less annoyed I will settle just like with the stuns.

But I am def more squishy now. We have this nerf along with the fact that we can't stun those using force lightening or ranged weapons. It's tough on the battle field.

Edited by NoaFlux

I have to say. I don't like it but not because of the changes.

I now realize how many more people don't get affected by it. If I knock back a group of five it seems there is always at least two who don't get hit. I didn't notice this as much before.

Now I see the flaws of this ability more.

I see some advantages of this. It's more focused like they intended, if more people are going to be happy and less annoyed I will settle.

I think this is a problem with AOE's of any kind. I've noticed this with Death from Above, Smash and Overload. Just another patch bug they need to figure out I assume.

I don't like the fact the new overload pretty much nullify vanish on my assassin. I have to try to make sure I run behind them for overload so I don't get knocked out of stealth from the crazy range and cone this has. Previously, it is enough to just run a bit far away from the character but now a lot of times the other player would instantly hit overload as soon as I go poof. While there is suppose to be a delay in knocking me out of stealth, this bugs all the times and I get thrown out instantly maybe half of the time...This is not a insurmountable difficult thing to get around but it does take some time to get used to. Namely just have to run straight through the other character.

I like the new Overload, it finally knocks opponents away to a reasonable distance.

I'm not sure if anyone already responded to your post but, the distance people are knocked back has not changed.

Edited by Hairyzac

Yeah..getting a 15 m kb is totally a nerf!!!

The top sorcs in my guild say this change is a buff to good players and a nerf to noobs..

And they would be right. It is indeed a nerf defensively but I like the change. Prior to 1.4 you could count on smart players strafing and not being able to knock them exactly where you wanted because of the long activation/animation of our knockback. Now that is a non-issue. That combined with the new offensive potential make it a pretty nifty tool with more uses than before due to its new range as well.

The only nerf was really to electrocute. Maybe taking it to down to 15 or 20 meters would have been more acceptable. Nerfing it down to 10 meters seems wrong for a ranged class with only one stun on a 1 min cd.

I like the new Overload, it finally knocks opponents away to a reasonable distance.

Old Knockback was better, but its not a game breaking change. just a not needed change to be honest. but bioware loves to make unneeded changes

Edited by Ssfbistimg

It's a nerf, plain and simple. Otherwise they wouldn't have given the reason they did for the change. The reason being...

"While Overload and Force Wave make for great escape abilities, they have done so previously at a cost to the overall PvP experience. What we want for these abilities is to create distance between you and your target(s), but what frequently occurs is a bad experience for incidental nearby enemies that aren’t your intended target(s)."

These were their exact words. It was allegedly "unfair", therefore it needed a change=NERF.

As a sorc healer, what's the point of having a knockback if I can't get all my enemies off and away from me? They are on the opposing team and therefore none of them are "unintended" targets.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.