1.4 Bug Debacle

KailuaSith

Does anyone else thing they brought back a slew of bugs in this recent patch? (ie:graphics, CTDs, lockups, stuttering, and FPS issues, etc) Just when I thought my game was running almost perfectly, BOOM, 1.4 takes it back to square one. Anyone else notice this?

Rush a bad patch to compete with the kung-fu pandas?

What a shame.

Here's a haiku just for you dev's:

Dont rush a good thing

sometimes it's better to wait

quality product

Amen.

Oh yeah! Sooo many bugs have come back, its funny. Even some of the things the patch notes said they would fix, like lightsaber out on companions in spaceships, of which I had never seen before, now happens pretty much all the time. Actually I'm kind of cool with it, the pure failure of it all is kind of funny.

I bet, next patch will bring Orange Pixel back, even!

The important thing is, what now?

It seems the prevailing opinion is there is no way portions of the patch will be rolled back. Given what you say, OP, that things were finally running great (even in WZs), it's pretty frustrating to think this may last a while.

Enjoying NFL Sunday, at least...

Oh yeah! Sooo many bugs have come back, its funny. Even some of the things the patch notes said they would fix, like lightsaber out on companions in spaceships, of which I had never seen before, now happens pretty much all the time. Actually I'm kind of cool with it, the pure failure of it all is kind of funny.

I bet, next patch will bring Orange Pixel back, even!

I miss Orange Pixel.

Hope he's enjoying his retirement.

One of the most annoying bugs for me is back.

When you read a schematic, if you already know it, it just dissapears. Same with missions, you cant read one if you already have one the same one running, THAT just dissapears too

Not to mention the graphic & sound stuttering which has suddenly appeared.

Edited by Kheld

1.4 - The Old Rebuglic

Like new bugs? Plenty of those got through the public test servers!

Like current bugs! They're still here, some are even worse!

Like old squashed bugs? Some came back!

And we won't address any of them for at least a week.

Sincerely,

Bioware, the AAA game developer that use to be reputable, but just doesn't seem to give a **** anymore.

Bioware, the AAA game developer that use to be reputable, but just doesn't seem to give a **** anymore.

Well, the founders have left Bioware, that can't have been a good sign.

They should have never started with such a big, big MMO. They were not prepared for it, plain and simple. Ofcourse, you need ambition in life, but this was very badly done. They didn't even started with a multi-player RTS or so, they went straight to MMO. And not just a simple MMO, no, a MMO with *16* different class stories, which makes it 16 times harder to create the story line, compared with other MMOs where there is a main storyline for everyone.

And it's not getting better. They don't learn from their mistakes, sadly enough 1.4 is the worse update they ever did. The amount of bugs is mindbuggling. One can only hope they are having meetings ''How to prevent another 1.4 diasaster'' so this doesn't repeat itself. But somehow I doubt it, the communication from them is very, very odd, as if nothing special happened and there are just 3-4 bugs.

Edited by Yogol