23/17/1 New best PvP Build?

ParnXterminator

Not tried a hybrid since 1.4 went live - just went full Deception with chain shock. Survivability is immense. As stated smashy smashy I just don't realise half the time, get crit smashed for 2k-ish. A crit from Maul (75% damage increase isn;t it?) chain shock and discharge has three shot many scoundrels and sages for me. And that is why I'm a little reluctant to give up the top tier stuff from Deception as it's focused on discharge and shock hitting harder.

edited to add link to spec

sorry, figured common sense woutd tell you what skills you would use for synergy

Yeah sorry, I just levelled an assassin and was unfamiliar with the talents. After a bit of researching and looking at deception, it becomes quite obvious there is nearly only one set up that is optimal with 17 points in the deception tree.

I've been rocking this build on an alt for months now actually w/ surprising success. 1.4 was just icing on the cake. I finally hit 50 today though and am trying to decide on a set of gear. The stalker set's extra range on force slow/jolt looks so nice but I find myself wondering how well the 5% while guarding from survivor would scale w/ this build since I often find myself pitching in by bubbling a healer or another dps. Can anyone w/ experience in the 50s bracket share some insight?

Additionally, since most tankassins are darkness/madness, I offer that we call this spec the "shankassin" due to its unique gameplay style :D

Edited by Crixa

this build is great for node guarding, huttball running, and placing guard on FF targets (like healers). if you want to play a spec totally built for defense, this is the spec to roll. you will lack the utility of hybrids, or even 31 point darkness builds.

31 darkness gives wither, which has an aoe snare (small, but its there) and a damage reduc. the 23/1/17 builds have a bit more utility with deathfield (great for stopping caps) and insta whirlwind (great for taking on 2v1's).

all that being said, i'm enjoying the buff to deception, and rocking a 0/33/8 build, demolishing healers, taking out snipers/slingers, solo capping nodes, and destroying huttball carriers. i do miss force pull, and the breaking of roots with force speed. but the damage....oh the damage. its hard to give up.

Edited by Soull