WZ's Starting With 7

JamesDeuce

This has been happening a lot since the new patch. A WZ will start, but only 7 will be in it. The WZ will have 7 until about mid-way through when it will finally fill up. This didn't happen very much before the patch, but now it seems like it's happening every game. Seems like whenever there is a new patch, a slew of things go wrong. Any one else noticing this?

I'm now absolutely convinced this occurs when a player doesn't enter or leave queue when it pops, but instead sits afk until timer expires. I've now seen this multiple times when someone I'm grouped up with goes afk and doesn't come in; the empty slot is never filled.

Come on Bioware, that's enough info for you to get it fixed.

Edited by heechJunzi

This has been happening a lot since the new patch. A WZ will start, but only 7 will be in it. The WZ will have 7 until about mid-way through when it will finally fill up. This didn't happen very much before the patch, but now it seems like it's happening every game. Seems like whenever there is a new patch, a slew of things go wrong. Any one else noticing this?

I know what the problem is because this has been happening to me a lot. Say 4 people are in the que, only 3 out of the 4 people for some reason are getting the enter warzone message and the 4th person doesn't get one. Instead it just looks like to him that they still qued up for a warzone. The second that 4th person realizes he missed a que and unques, you guys get an 8th person. Been happening to my and my guildies all day.

I'm now absolutely convinced this occurs when a player doesn't enter or leave queue when it pops, but instead sits afk until timer expires. I've now seen this multiple times when someone I'm grouped up with goes afk and doesn't come in; the empty slot is never filled.

Come on Bioware, that's enough info for you to get it fixed.

No timer man, it either knows you're alt tabbed out, or afk for like 30 secs.

I played a warzone about one hour ago. We were 7. A guildie of mine was queued, too, but got no pop. I had so bad lag that I decided I cannot help the team anymore like Wedge can't help Luke in the future and so I quit with apologies. Immediately after I left, my guildie took my place, so they were 7 again. He could have gotten in as 8th player, but he only got the pop when the group was down from 7 to 6.

Sounds like a bug to me.

It's a bit of a drag when it's a good match with otherwise evenly balanced teams.

Definitely needs a fix, and haven't seen any dev notes or comments about it yet. I haven't put in a bug ticket, will do so this evening so it can join the stack of others for same issue.

There is never a reason for a warzone to start with less than 8 players. Ever. And on warzones like Voidstar where you cannot make up lost ground without a solid team, it is crippling for the team at the numbers disadvantage. If this is a bug, it's one Bioware needs to address and soon. I don't normally get aggravated over a game, but it's truly idiotic that such a thing is so prevailant. Edited by SpaniardInfinity

It's highly unfair when the opposing team has one or two more players than you have on your team. Very serious problem, and should definitely be on their high priority list for bug fixes. Yeah there really is no reason for any warzone to start with less than eight. This reminds me of way back on my first server, when we'd often get warzones that started with six. But that was because it was a dead server with only 20 people on fleet and only 10-12 people queing for PVP on any given night.

we had a Void star match (that we won shockingly) that started with 7

went to 5,

went up to 7,

dropped to 6,

Back to 7

where it stayed for remainder of match

Insanity, pure insanity

Oh winning being down 1-3 players felt really good but still

and they still didnt fix it!!!! had game starting with 5 went to 6 then back to 5 then to 7 but it was end of wz, of course oposit team was full and they just quickly killed us...

but look on bright side we have f*****g moods implemented, too bad that 90% of players wear helmet... i hope ea will kick responsible person out of company for this

and they still didnt fix it!!!! had game starting with 5 went to 6 then back to 5 then to 7 but it was end of wz, of course oposit team was full and they just quickly killed us...

but look on bright side we have f*****g moods implemented, too bad that 90% of players wear helmet... i hope ea will kick responsible person out of company for this

Haha! I forgot about moods. Next 6 person team I'll be sure to take off my helmet for a :(

Has this been fixed with today's patch?

I noticed that if I am AFK when the queue pops (basically the join prompt expires), my icon on the minimap still blinks as if I am still looking for a game.

I bet that is what is broken. People who don't take the queues are still taking up a spot.