What Trent Oster thinks.

-Me-

ok wasted may be too harsh, but it surely wasnt the big thing either,,if they had only done VO on story and epic missions, ,,cheaper and still enough to give the story some drive

but since all the small "kill 3 rats" missions have it too, VO loses a lot of its impact

I disagree and so does my very large very active guild we wan't more not less.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree and so does my very large very active guild we wan't more not less.

oh i would like more too,,but as it shows , even this level is more than playerbase can afford

and i will choose content over graphics (almost) every time

(tera ******* are strangley..addicting:D)

Wonder what they will call their new gaming company? I'm thinking they will start over. Rather than buy such a tainted company back from EA, start new and move on. And don't forget the rumors that EA is for sale. It could be a deal has been struck and they were informed their services would not be needed. Ya never know..

Many say the game is fine, others diagree. Here is all that matters.. Is it Profitable? If so, it stays, if not.. bye bye. You can't argue this point.

does any1 know how soon after launch the first player dinged 50?

im guessing less than a month, but not sure

If I recall correctly we had 50's in our guild within a month. But to be fair some gamed until they passed out and then logged back in when they woke up.

Edited by SikrouDeco

Lets be careful in lumping all SWG players as whiners. I will grant most are but not all. I'm from SWG and you can check my posts and find I rarely complain unless it is something that really needs fixed (like the ship bug at the moment).

Glad to see someone is being reasonable and not armchair quarterbacking the game from their PC.

I like the VO in this game, it is pretty good but I and pretty much every other subscriber would trade it for more content

This subscriber does not agree. I wouldn't be so interested in continuing to play this game if all the new quests were walls of text. And I'm still working on the content already in the game (alts). Still, I don't think it has to be all-or-nothing... Repeatable quests from terminals are okay, but I definitely want future main planet and class quests to have interactive VO/cutscenes.

Then get used to not having content updates anywhere close to regular, VO is massively time and cost intensive and requires so many people to be involved its not even funny, especially with multiple choice, whereas a sole developer can choose areas, story and piece together the parts for text based content.

Depends on your defintion of failure I would guess. My definition of failure may be entirely different from yours. For me for someone or something to fail is that they completely give up and stop trying. While there are some things they haven't done so well I will grant you that they have yet to stop trying. I don't see them sitting on their hands and not trying . They have added a few things (correctly this patch had too many bugs) but to me that shows they are trying so it is not a failure .

That has been my defintion of failure since I was a child. My parents instilled in me the only way to fail is to stop trying. Sure things may not work out at first they way you expect but you haven't fail unless you stop trying and I have not seen them stop trying.

way too black and white, fact is SWTOR will be around even if it does cost EA a ton of cash every month for numerous reasons. Aside from the fact Lucas will have a pretty iron clad contract requiring a dumptruck of $100 bills every month they will be required to have a game running in order to maintain the IP, this is the only reason Warhammer online is still going now, its a simple block to other houses getting their hands on potent IPs and making real use of them.

I see failure when the developers will not communicate with their customers because they are embarrassed about the state of their product.

From the article:

To have the fans creating petitions against the work is pretty hard to take

What petitions? I didn't hear about this.

This was about Mass Effect 3 and there was indead online petitions to FIX the end of ME3....

This was about Mass Effect 3 and there was indead online petitions to FIX the end of ME3....

Funny thing is, when asked how it should be fixed, people told about 500 different and conflicting suggestions that must all be implemented for it to be fixed.

Edited by turjake

Funny thing is, when asked how it should be fixed, people told about 500 different and conflicting suggestions that must all be implemented for it to be fixed.

Yet, Bioware delivered a better ending. Which means they are capable of fixing this game, imo.

Before I get flamed saying, the ending still sucked. People had valid concerns for the ending and they added a decent amount of content to the ending to make it feel less crappy. I felt the additions were well deserved and well implemented for what they had and the funding they had to make it happen. I gave them a 5/5 for it because I felt they actually listened to the community and fixed what needed to be fixed.

Edited by spectreclees

Wonder what they will call their new gaming company? I'm thinking they will start over. Rather than buy such a tainted company back from EA, start new and move on. And don't forget the rumors that EA is for sale. It could be a deal has been struck and they were informed their services would not be needed. Ya never know..

Many say the game is fine, others diagree. Here is all that matters.. Is it Profitable? If so, it stays, if not.. bye bye. You can't argue this point.

If I recall correctly we had 50's in our guild within a month. But to be fair some gamed until they passed out and then logged back in when they woke up.

one month,,and yet the devs still listen to these people

do u listen to a race driver when building an ordinary road?

do u listen to a french chef for advice on making hot dogs?

Guild Wars 2 actually does a good job of adding this feature in as well. Is it giving SWTOR a run for it's money? Absolutely not as the cinematics are just two people facing each other uttering lines. SWTOR has very engaging conversations and interactions. I want them to remember this but also build around it. You can make a great story driven mmo that builds its other aspects of gameplay around.

Things I want though are improvements upon what the game has, you know what they are. I shouldn't have to state these. Raiding, PvP, more story more often. More VO.

Paid services like transfers, character customization, species changing. (I'd pay to have my main a different species right now.)

Yeah it's good, but it's expensive and time consuming.