My respec costs 36550 credits now

Skaarrj

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am personally of the opinion that you should be able to change ACs, let alone just respec within one AC. Here is why:

This game is about STORY; fully narrated, engrossing STORY. It is bad enough that there are so many shared questing areas between classes/factions that all of the side quests get repeated, but I am personally willing to deal with it to experience the class specific STORY.

Once you reach max level, there is only so much content, but one of the things that many people enjoy is experimenting with different specs. Personally I am leveling a Power Tech currently, but I already kind of want to try Mercenary, just to see how it is. You know what I am not doing though; playing through the EXACT SAME STORY all the way to 50 just to try it. I can't think many people will want to do this.

It would be different if the class specific story branched off completely at the point where you choose your AC. Since it doesn't, you are forced to pretty much do the exact same thing for 50 levels just to try out the other AC, and that is just ridiculous.

You should be able to re-spec (For a reasonable cost), including changing your AC...

Respeccing should have a cap on cost. I can do without dual specs, we did it for years in WoW. But respeccing should have a cap and it should be reasonable, as long as you can't change your AC.

The arguments about this being important for social reasons in an MMO, or because of RP reasons do not hold as much weight, imo, as other elements of an MMO that are adversely impacted because of this. Those reasons include:

1. Experimenting with your spec to find one that is optimal for each phase of the game you play.

2. Players trying out a different spec to learn and assisting the guild in various roles.

3. Diversity of play while leveling and doing various content.

Does anyone remember in WoW when mobs had elemental resistances? Remember the mobs in ZG that were immune to shadow bolt? Remember having to spec frost as a mage right up until AQ40? Yeah, that sucked. That is an example of single player RPG elements that should not be in an MMO. An extraordinary cost on respecs is another. 36k credit cost on respecs is just absurd.