Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

General chat not shared anymore? Why?

Glower

You answered your own question here. It will hurt AT LEAST guilds, limiting their recruiting ability, as well as people who try to sell their stuff via General. Not to mention all those folks who enjoy having a friendly talk with random people.

Now seriously, first they screw up queues, and now this. I just don't know how to comment on this.

One quibble, they should use Trade rather than General, but both should be cross-instance by default. It is annoying to switch instances just for a trade though, but whatever.

Edited by Telanis

I can confirm that general chat is absolutely shared on plant instances. I just checked on Belsavis.

Haven't checked on fleet.

Just confirmed general chat is NOT shared across the fleet instances. Idiotic.

Come on BioWare. Can you confirm someone is aware of the problem??

I can confirm that Fleet chat is now instanced, although it doesn't show that on the /who panel.

I was on Fleet [2] with about 45 people, where a fairly long conversation was going in between 2 or 3 people.

I swapped over to Fleet [1] with about 240 people, where the usual LFG type stuff was happening. But not those 3 people.

Then I swapped back to Fleet [2] as soon as the cooldown would let me, and asked if those people had been continuing their conversation... They said they had.

Fleet chat is instanced.

This line intentionally left blank

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.