Mercs PvP

Vikoon

Well it looks like we get an interrupt now but it seems we lost more than we gained in my opinion. Electro Dart down to 10m? Oh goody, now I can only use it when the Marauders are right on top of me. Rocket punch now a 4sec stun, I would still rather have the knockback personally. Disabling shot is fine and all but now every class has an interrupt that locks out so that was a must have only because the other classes obtained it. Not like it isn't tough enough being a Merc in PvP but I feel like we kinda got low blowed on this. Time will tell I guess and I will try and remain optimistic.

Oh and is anyone else a little annoyed that doesn't play a Consular / Inquisitor that they now have force speed on a 20 sec CD? Watch the Huttball matches just fly by now. lol.

Any other Mercs out there see us as getting hosed so far?

Well it looks like we get an interrupt now but it seems we lost more than we gained in my opinion. Electro Dart down to 10m? Oh goody, now I can only use it when the Marauders are right on top of me. Rocket punch now a 4sec stun, I would still rather have the knockback personally. Disabling shot is fine and all but now every class has an interrupt that locks out so that was a must have only because the other classes obtained it. Not like it isn't tough enough being a Merc in PvP but I feel like we kinda got low blowed on this. Time will tell I guess and I will try and remain optimistic.

Oh and is anyone else a little annoyed that doesn't play a Consular / Inquisitor that they now have force speed on a 20 sec CD? Watch the Huttball matches just fly by now. lol.

I agree. The most laughable and under performing Spec and class Bounty Hunter: Merc Arsenal gets a nerf? I just don't understand that....at all.

Why would you be using electro-dart on a Marauder that's more than 10m away? Total waste.

The other changes have been discussed endlessly for weeks on the PVP sub-forum. I personally am in favor of the changes as a refinement to the class. The knock-back associated with stockstrike means it filled up your opponents resolve. Now, it doesn't. You can cryo grenade, concussion missile, and keep using stockstrike to root your melee every 9s.

15 sec cooldown for Shadows/Assassins with talents. Zoom zoom

Edited by TheAlopex

Why would you be using electro-dart on a Marauder that's more than 10m away? Total waste.

You obviously do not play a Merc then. AoE Knock Back followed by stun, incoming Death From Above... There are a ton of reasons to Electro Dart a Marauder beyond 10 meters.

You obviously do not play a Merc then. AoE Knock Back followed by stun, incoming Death From Above... There are a ton of reasons to Electro Dart a Marauder beyond 10 meters.

At least someone else knows how to play a Merc. And it isn't like I just save electrodart for Marauders / Sentinels. Come on now, think outside the box. It also used to come in handy in Huttball when the speedy consulars / inquisitors are making a B -Line for the goal. I can think of a ton of uses for a 30m stun but all of them are useless now.

You forgot about the Tracer Missle and Healing Scan buff.

I did see that but I don't see it being that great to be honest. No matter how fast I can cast Healing Scan it is still on a CD. And how much does it really heal for on a crit for you? I have them healing for around 2600 on a crit and that is in full Battlemaster with a bit of War Hero gear. That is not nearly enough of a heal when people are critting you for 4 - 5K damage. It is ok if I can duck behind pillars and stay far away, but the only CC I have from distance now is Concussion Missile. Which breaks on damage.....

First off my mains are Merc and Commando so these changes effect me greatly

AND I LOVE THEM!

Stuns should be 10m so they not the opening attack move in every freaking PVP match

Rocket punch change doesnt really bother me either way.

In fact since I regularly follow up my rocket punch with flame thrower, this change almost guarentees success of that combo move I do.

As for force speed, will have to see how it really effects it all!

Im all for less stuns and movement impairing abilities in PVP and im fine with my 2 mains getting the blunt end this round as long as it means Agents and Smugglers and Shadows and assassins stuns from stealth get hit next round!

Anything that promotes playing your character with out instant cast i win buttons fine by me!

Will have to see it all in effect in game though for final verdict.

First off my mains are Merc and Commando so these changes effect me greatly

AND I LOVE THEM!

Stuns should be 10m so they not the opening attack move in every freaking PVP match

Rocket punch change doesnt really bother me either way.

In fact since I regularly follow up my rocket punch with flame thrower, this change almost guarentees success of that combo move I do.

As for force speed, will have to see how it really effects it all!

Im all for less stuns and movement impairing abilities in PVP and im fine with my 2 mains getting the blunt end this round as long as it means Agents and Smugglers and Shadows and assassins stuns from stealth get hit next round!

Anything that promotes playing your character with out instant cast i win buttons fine by me!

Will have to see it all in effect in game though for final verdict.

I actually never use my stuns as an opener, I use them to gain the upper hand. We are a ranged class and almost always get the first shot off. That being said I will be very interested to see how these changes work out. But I still stand by the fact that we got screwed over on alot of the ability changes. So much in fact that they even had to refund only our skill points. That says it all to me but whatever.

Hoping that Agents and smugglers get the nerf bat next time seems like an awful far stretch. If they thought these classes were overpowered then they would have fixed them in a major update and not wait on something like that.

I actually never use my stuns as an opener, I use them to gain the upper hand. We are a ranged class and almost always get the first shot off. That being said I will be very interested to see how these changes work out. But I still stand by the fact that we got screwed over on alot of the ability changes. So much in fact that they even had to refund only our skill points. That says it all to me but whatever.

Hoping that Agents and smugglers get the nerf bat next time seems like an awful far stretch. If they thought these classes were overpowered then they would have fixed them in a major update and not wait on something like that.

That's the problem, only the most skilled Marc players could even do well with them in PvP...and that is RARE! Mercs are literally the laughing stock of the PvP forums. There is a post that says, "If you are a Merc player in PvP, shame on you, you knew better". Yet...we get two nerfs that were a huge contributor to our survival? I honestly don't understand the Developer's logic,,,if any logic was used at all. Is it possible this was a mistake? Is it possible this change was unintended and then over looked? I'm really asking...because this change out of all the changes makes the least sense to me...did they make a mistake?

That's the problem, only the most skilled Marc players could even do well with them in PvP...and that is RARE! Mercs are literally the laughing stock of the PvP forums. There is a post that says, "If you are a Merc player in PvP, shame on you, you knew better". Yet...we get two nerfs that were a huge contributor to our survival? I honestly don't understand the Developer's logic,,,if any logic was used at all. Is it possible this was a mistake? Is it possible this change was unintended and then over looked? I'm really asking...because this change out of all the changes makes the least sense to me...did they make a mistake?

I think it is a HUGE mistake, but nothing will be done about it for a long time. Crappy part for me is that my Merc is my only level 50 and I really enjoy playing it. I have been able to make the Merc work quite nicely in PvP with some nice damage totals and alot of well played CC that quite often goes unnoticed. Looks like it might be time to either level up my Marauder or go to my 40 Jedi Guardian. *Sigh*

I will miss my 30m Electro Dart, it was handy in all sorts of tight spots, even just holding up the melee chasing down the healer because the tank lost aggro...

TBH the tradeoff of stun vs KB on rocket punch is a blessing... melee mobs would reengage before GCD finished, because it just wasn't far enough, so the stun makes it much more effective. and now I can actually interrupt crap that was immune to dart before... I count that as awesome.

people were already speccing the time decrease for sage/sorce force speed, so dropping it to 20 had no real effect... but now you'd be an idiot not to spec for the root/slow immunity. that plus resolve changes made them the most mobile class out there (which I don't get since they are ranged... we need more speed in melee)

I did see that but I don't see it being that great to be honest. No matter how fast I can cast Healing Scan it is still on a CD. And how much does it really heal for on a crit for you? I have them healing for around 2600 on a crit and that is in full Battlemaster with a bit of War Hero gear. That is not nearly enough of a heal when people are critting you for 4 - 5K damage. It is ok if I can duck behind pillars and stay far away, but the only CC I have from distance now is Concussion Missile. Which breaks on damage.....

It's not a tide turner but it is an instant heal every 12 secondes (for the tracer lockers out there)

Also Pinning fire slow was increased from 50% movement speed loss to 70%. Again not a huge buff but all these things can add up.

The only think I will miss from rocket punches pushback is not to keep melee away but to knock people off bridges / into fire, acid or vents.

Rocket Punch used to be an instant kill move and now all it does is root. I would have liked it if they cut down the knock back in half and the root time in half.

It's not a tide turner but it is an instant heal every 12 secondes (for the tracer lockers out there)

Also Pinning fire slow was increased from 50% movement speed loss to 70%. Again not a huge buff but all these things can add up.

The only think I will miss from rocket punches pushback is not to keep melee away but to knock people off bridges / into fire, acid or vents.

Rocket Punch used to be an instant kill move and now all it does is root. I would have liked it if they cut down the knock back in half and the root time in half.

Rocket Punch was a huge bonus in several maps. And not just for the instant kill once in a while, but just knocking someone off of the battlements in Alderaan or off the back of some of the bases in Novare Coast. It was a move that had versatility to it and now it is just another stun in the game. I used to love it when someone would force charge at me and I would knock them off a perch with Rocket Punch. Now I have to make a decision to either try and put some ground between myself and my opponent, or stand my ground as a Melee Mercenary. Going to take alot of getting used to for sure...

Its my favorite!

2 sec 70% slow for your enemy while 3 sec 100% slow to yourself - astonishing!

(and yea snipers just have range instant immobile ability... nvm)

Its my favorite!

2 sec 70% slow for your enemy while 3 sec 100% slow to yourself - astonishing!

(and yea snipers just have range instant immobile ability... nvm)

LOL no doubt. I am glad that some people are actually seeing how they wanted to make it seem like Mercs got something when all they actually did was give us 1 thing that all the other classes either just got or had. I am looking at you "Disabling Shot". I guess we weren't enough of a Turret as it was. You know all the Arsenal Mercs were topping the charts and have too much CC.

YOu guys seem to think that the 30m range change to 10m on electro dart only affects pvp. I got news for you I use electro dart from max range quite often in pve flash points and operations (during trash). It is very useful when I can keep my range and assist in a pinch on a mob that needs to be stunned. This really leaves a bad taste in my mouth especially since my interupt gets a 30m range. It just doesnt make sense to me that you are making a medium/long range dpser for pve close ground to short range to use his stun. Stop catering to the pvpers and stop screwing the pvers

Lol, I guess you didn't read my sig before saying I don't play merc .

I have a commando in WH gear, and I'm darn good at my job. There are SO much wrong with your post above.

- we didn't lose the "aoe knock back". All that was nerfed was the knock back associated with stockstrike (if talented).

- your survival goes to hell if you use your rare cc to use a channeled attack (on a SINGLE target no less) instead of increasing gap, like it was intended. (I literally LOL when I see a merc/commando use mortar or dfa the way you mention when I'm playing as a sentinel.... It screams easy kill.)

- and if you really, really (really!?) have that as part of your rotation, you can STILL do it even with electrodart < 10m.

Edited by heechJunzi

LOL no doubt. I am glad that some people are actually seeing how they wanted to make it seem like Mercs got something when all they actually did was give us 1 thing that all the other classes either just got or had. I am looking at you "Disabling Shot". I guess we weren't enough of a Turret as it was. You know all the Arsenal Mercs were topping the charts and have too much CC.

I play an Arsenal Merc and I do quite well. No like my Gunslinger Sharpshooter who can top the DPS scoreboard without trying but when I heard about Merc being underpowered I created one as my first BH and I don't see all the fuss...

Got some great AoE damage from this class.

(raises flame shield)

YOu guys seem to think that the 30m range change to 10m on electro dart only affects pvp. I got news for you I use electro dart from max range quite often in pve flash points and operations (during trash). It is very useful when I can keep my range and assist in a pinch on a mob that needs to be stunned. This really leaves a bad taste in my mouth especially since my interupt gets a 30m range. It just doesnt make sense to me that you are making a medium/long range dpser for pve close ground to short range to use his stun. Stop catering to the pvpers and stop screwing the pvers

This is not catering to the PvPers at all man. At least not the ones playing the Mercs. I can see how Electro Dart would be useful in PvE as well but all I do is PvP so it hurts there as well.

And don't even try to turn this into a catering of the PvP players. PvE totally wins on this patch as far as content and gear goes. We get a new Main Hand and Off Hand, While PvE got a full set of gear and a new operation.

I play an Arsenal Merc and I do quite well. No like my Gunslinger Sharpshooter who can top the DPS scoreboard without trying but when I heard about Merc being underpowered I created one as my first BH and I don't see all the fuss...

Got some great AoE damage from this class.

(raises flame shield)

I can get some nice damage numbers as well to be quite honest. A well timed Fusion Missile with death from above can make for a huge impact to a cluttered fight. But what we have lost is the versatility and the survival that we had. Rocket Punch was a nice way to clear some room if Jet Boost is on CD. And if we were getting smashed by a gunslinger like yourself from range than Electro Dart was a great way to stun and seek some cover before getting nuked outright. Arsenal Mercs lost alot in this patch so far and it just sucks to see. But I will adapt and make the best of it.