Casual Specc

Kacynski

Hi there,

I am an altaholic and leveled all classes to 50 just to see the class story. Now I am playing casually with the classes I don'tn intend to bring to OP's and Flashpoints, which means I am doing mainly the dailies to grind some money and have fun.

In this respect my operative seems to be lacking in comparison to the other classes and as I have her geared quite similar (commendations and lvl50 mods from the dailies) I guess my specc is sub-optimal.

I am running a 11/27/3 built without the ultimate in the concealment tree. The heal tree is specced until colto probe. I run mainly with one of my tanks (Kaliyo or Skorpio); have no problems to do the quests but it seems I need significantly longer to kill stuff compared to my Sith Assason (who also runs with Khem as a Tank) or my Gunslinger (with Corso).

What built would you advise?

I've found dailies to be extremely fast as Lethality spec, because of the added damage at range. I usually run with the Doctor, but if you really just want to nail the daily missions, my guess for fastest spec would be this with Raina Tempel in the back. You get the dot grenade for ranged damage, you get Cull for plenty of damage, you get the med probe for the healing output to run with Raina and never lose hp, you get plenty of TAs.

Didn't try it for dailies, but the med/leth hybrid was wicked fun when leveling and pvping, so I'd say that suits your goals for the character.

This sounds like good advice, thank you.

I also have no other character, where I play healer with a DPS companion, so that sounds interesting. Will just take some time to get Reina geared up, as I never used her during levelling, but I can give her the hand-me-downs at least.

If you go concealment you need to get acid blade. Not only is it a powerful, fast-ticking dot, it gives you +30% armor penetration on all of your attacks for 15 seconds- even if you switch targets. You're taking a pretty significant damage penalty by not including it in your build. Edited by Syberduh

If you go concealment you need to get acid blade. Not only is it a powerful, fast-ticking dot, it gives you +30% armor penetration on all of your attacks for 15 seconds- even if you switch targets. You're taking a pretty significant damage penalty by not including it in your build.

This pretty much sums it up, concealment doesn't work particularly well with any hybrid spec I have tried.

I tend to run a hybrid Lethality/healer most of the time which I have the most fun with and works really well for solo play. Sadly as it doesn't fit the pure DPS/Healer roles very well I have to respec fully to healing when I do FPs/Ops

if you just want to run dailies, go 31 points in healing and gear up either scorpio or kaliyo and you'll be able to solo almost all of the dailies. with top end pve gear you can solo all of them including poisonous strat and torvix. with tionese/columi gear only, you would have a a tough time with these 2 heroic, but all others are quite easy

This spec is by far the most effective solo spec I've tried. Energy management is easy with cheap BS, healing is strong enough to use a DPS companion (I prefer Vector .. Temple is just annoying), and you have decent DPS with Laceration + CS. Improved Stealth is also awesome for bypassing trash safely.

I tend to keep HoT's running on me and my companion all the time, so usually have 2-3 TA's available right at the start of the fight which makes trash go real fast.