Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

Took them almost a month to fix connection problems didn't it? You expect less time for mergin'? Took them 4 months for first merges, 3 for second merges(in the weird world, Europe/US), so we can expect .. what 2 months if we're lucky?

its alreay been 4 months since the population of the APAC servers have been suggesting either a merge or transfer service because of low population.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks, I wanted to take some time to let you know that we are listening to your concerns and that they're important to us. Oceanic servers WILL be getting 12 slots, just like the other servers and we're going to implement this change the next opportunity that we have.

Additionally, we've seen your concerns about Oceanic server populations and we're going to be evaluating this in the next few days.

I hope you know we are going to be expecting 12 slots tonight. Seems like the "next opportunity"

And time is running out on the few days to evaluate the Oceanic server populations.

its alreay been 4 months since the population of the APAC servers have been suggesting either a merge or transfer service because of low population.

Also we know they have the technology to do all the transfers, we don't have the hardware for a mega server I guess, but the sad thing is I don't think we need one. Merge now, upgrade to mega server later before F2P if you feel it's necessary.

Hey all

So it's been nearly a week since this post was made. We have had over 200 replies and 10000 views. I think this has sent a very strong message to bioware that our community can't be ignored. I think the majority of the small APAC community has supported character transfers or server merge which is great :)

We can only hope the extra character slots are implemented with 1.4. I don't think 1.4 will bring many players back, especially with Panda Bears just launching.

I have been AFK for the past few days and really am looking forward to logging in but I'm not holding my breath for population size to be half decent. I would be thrilled if suddenly we became a super server tonight with the patch but there has been no indication of this, but then again anything can happen!!!

If it doesn't happen tonight, I think APAC population issues should be number 1 on biowares agenda. Their decision is crucial and will have a MASSIVE impact on the game one way or the other.

Let's see what happens tonight

<3 Chippy

I hope you know we are going to be expecting 12 slots tonight. Seems like the "next opportunity"

And time is running out on the few days to evaluate the Oceanic server populations.

Read this again..

"Additionally, we've seen your concerns about Oceanic server populations and we're going to be evaluating this in the next few days."

Evaluating does not mean acting upon..

They need and should evaluate AND THEN act upon... you only got the time frame for the first bit.

Reading comprehenson ftw.

My sub is up shortly and I'll not be renewing. With the decline in population this game isn't viable or enjoyable for me. Bioware needs to give us the option of transferring, or at the very least, merging us with a higher population server.

As paying customers I think we need to expect more from Bioware to be honest. Do they want our money?

If the answer to that is yes then you would think they would be doing more to keep their customers happy.

Lets face it. What players are left on the server are probably the most die-hard loyalists to the game.

How long do you think they can weather a population drought? I'll wager that it isn't too much longer.

Bioware, please perform a merge or let us transfer to the PVE server.

To Chippy. Thanks for sticking up for us.

While I am all for server merges to enhance population and breathe new life into the game I will unsubscribe if I loose my toons names in any upcoming merger.

I already have lost my main toons name in the server transfer to the Australian servers to a player who no longer plays and will not continue to subscribe should it happen to me again. (I had all my names place held on the Aussie servers the minute they went live, (20 min earlier than the time they said) but as I had 8 toons I had to delete the placeholders in order to be transferred...which I held off doing to the last possible moment during which someone took my mains name)

I have sent multiple tickets in requesting the name back only to be told they sympathise but someone else has the name and while they are not currently subscribed they may come back and don't wish to upset them...which I find immensely funny as they have no problem upsetting me a loyal subscriber since launch, purchasing the collector's edition to get early access so I could get the names I wanted.

Edited by DarthBrundleFLY

Additionally, we've seen your concerns about Oceanic server populations and we're going to be evaluating this in the next few days.

We're listening, and I know you've all been patient with us, and for that, I thank you. As soon as I get any update to this, I will let you know here.

Thanks again.

Do we have an update for this concern as i think its a must as the asia population is low and RP and PVE are basicly the same so we should just have 1 RP-PVE realm with dalborra and Gav Daragon Merge or all three if population are low on the 3 realms but i know those two are low

so if you could make this happen that be great :)

While I am all for server merges to enhance population and breathe new life into the game I will unsubscribe if I loose my toons names in any upcoming merger.

I already have lost my main toons name in the server transfer to the Australian servers to a player who no longer plays and will not continue to subscribe should it happen to me again. (I had all my names place held on the Aussie servers the minute they went live, (20 min earlier than the time they said) but as I had 8 toons I had to delete the placeholders in order to be transferred...which I held off doing to the last possible moment during which someone took my mains name)

I have sent multiple tickets in requesting the name back only to be told they sympathise but someone else has the name and while they are not currently subscribed they may come back and don't wish to upset them...which I find immensely funny as they have no problem upsetting me a loyal subscriber since launch, purchasing the collector's edition to get early access so I could get the names I wanted.

Stuff your keeping name problem! your only thinking about your self, there is a far bigger problem going on here than not being able to be called 'Barrybountyhunter', get creative I'm sure you can think of a new name...

Stuff your keeping name problem! your only thinking about your self, there is a far bigger problem going on here than not being able to be called 'Barrybountyhunter', get creative I'm sure you can think of a new name...

I agree! the game is broken for us and we are sick of being ignored! When I say broken i'm referring to the entire dynamic of the game being a massive online game. The LFG doesn't work well, the economy doesn't work well, Social Points can't get them easily as not very many people to party with at your level often...I could go on we require population for the actual dynamics of the game to work. If you do not do something soon then this game is no longer playable.

It has gotten so bad that I cannot do any warzones during the day on Gav Daragon (Unless I queue with other players) which I do not like doing because we are on a different part of the level curve. Do not even mention Flashpoints. Edited by Jarlgon

It has gotten so bad that I cannot do any warzones during the day on Gav Daragon (Unless I queue with other players) which I do not like doing because we are on a different part of the level curve. Do not even mention Flashpoints.

I agree with you about the lv50 pvp but i have just finished my 3rd hard mode flashpoint of the day. All you need to do is ask around on the fleet and other places. It also helps if you are in a good guild.

You need lots of people for an MMO to be playable otherwise the game fails. At the moment even with a low level tank/dps I'm not getting pops on LFG, I'm not getting pops on planetary LFG, hardly anyone is responding to joining groups because of the disparity between levels and low population. This means I am not getting the gear the upgrades I need which is actually making things harder and slower as I level. So you understand, population is a very important dynamic for MMO's to work properly. The longer Bioware drags their heels on a server merge the more people will leave, I don't want to leave hence but may have to, its a good game just needs population. Please do something. Edited by Thepainfairy

I dont play an oceanic server, and im new to the game, but i am australian. Its remarkable thatr they even do provide servers in out country, no gaming company does that period. Not even the mighty Blizzard hosts :oceanic" servers in australia. I didnt join an Oceanic server becuase i made the assumtpion that would be the case.

Im not sure if i regret it, what i do see is a lot of whining when we already have been given a service by a US company that goes above and beyond the call of duty that any other mmo has ever done., I get it population is low, feels low in the US too, despite "super servers" and i empathise that its feeling rather empty. But all this ta;lk of "bioware dont care for us we are secoind rate games", what wogwash, We have servers, that cost a lot more to host from overseas than native us servers/datecentres etc

I envy the low ping actually, my server feels pretty empty but maybe cuase im new, not many in the places i go, wish i knew from the start, i dont think ivce ever experience <300ms ping in an mmo.

I dont play an oceanic server, and im new to the game, but i am australian. Its remarkable thatr they even do provide servers in out country, no gaming company does that period. Not even the mighty Blizzard hosts :oceanic" servers in australia. I didnt join an Oceanic server becuase i made the assumtpion that would be the case.

Im not sure if i regret it, what i do see is a lot of whining when we already have been given a service by a US company that goes above and beyond the call of duty that any other mmo has ever done., I get it population is low, feels low in the US too, despite "super servers" and i empathise that its feeling rather empty. But all this ta;lk of "bioware dont care for us we are secoind rate games", what wogwash, We have servers, that cost a lot more to host from overseas than native us servers/datecentres etc

I envy the low ping actually, my server feels pretty empty but maybe cuase im new, not many in the places i go, wish i knew from the start, i dont think ivce ever experience <300ms ping in an mmo.

You sir, win the *** of the day medal, and a title to go along with it. You are talking out of your *** about low population because you are not on the oceanic servers. I agree that BW has done a great thing by providing local servers but that does not make up for the fact that the oceanic servers have proven to have their own set of problems, some of which BW were not prepared for, and others BW have blatantly disregarded.

let me first address the cost issue. We pay ,taking the forex rates, more than our US counterparts. however, at peak times, 5-12 AEST, we get less Gameplay time because BW will not move the maintenance window. So for the same ammount of money paid, we are getting a crappier deal. maybe you can request them to cut down our montly subscription by 1/7th??

now to the population issue. once again you have no frigging idea. what feel low for you, is prolly want we want for us. and this means having more than 40 people on fleet at peak times. but ofc, you in all your headintheassness think that this is an ok population and only "feels empty".

If you envy the low ping, then FFS make a toon on the oceanic server so you get an idea of what 221 people before you have tried to say. And thats not even the *********** point.. many of us are happy given the choice of transfer to a server of our choice. What we, Mr know****all, are in arm about is the fact that we are not being treated equal to the gamers from other regions, and BW has not really communicated to us that they are in any mood to change this.