Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

Actually the Oceanic community were pretty annoyed that at the 11th hour, we were informed the game would not be available in our region. Quite a few Oceanic players at the time pre-ordered from the overseas in order to be able to play at release.

It was not until later that EA/Bioware announced an Oceanic release and servers slotted for Q1 2012.

So no, we did not demand the servers, though at the time we did appreciate them. With the decline in subscriptions, EA/Bioware decided to focus on fixing issues in the US and Europe, and ignore the Oceanic community once again.

I'm pretty sure I recall some Oceanic players being rather vocal about wanting servers of their own. Also, you shouldn't presume to speak for some many people.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trolls? TROLLS!?!? HAHAHAHA. Man, you really have no idea what a troll is do you.

Actually, I do. I also know that you end questions with question marks.

What you have in these threads are not trolls, no no, the people in this thread were once easygoing people - until we got treaded like second class pieces of **** by BioWare and got absolutely shafted for the money we have spent.

You moron.

Funny. I'm on APEC and I'm happy with things there. Of course, also pay attention to what the devs actually say and can think about why they're making some of the choices that they are. It truly is amazing how much nicer life is with a bit of patience.

It truly is amazing how much nicer life is with a bit of patience.

It was a rhetorical question as you clearly have no idea what a frustrated customer is, so I didn't feel the question mark was needed ;)

And yes, a little patience is a good trait to have - and I believe the 3 months we have waited without answer is patient enough.

We are demanding a resolution to this issue.

Edited by Chaori

Well the way you lot carry on I'd rather have SGRs than more antipodean players on the servers/

BioWare are choosing to ignore us. We are choosing to make it as hard as possible for BioWare to ignore us. It's pretty simple really, I wouldn't call it carrying on.

I'm coming by to show my support for this. Seriously, the APAC issue should not have gone on even half this long.

I was pretty saddened that this matter didn't get addressed for you guys in the State of the Game. I was just hoping for an update on the status of SGRs, but I never ever wanted it to go in before the APAC issue got fixed.

Hey BW:A, how about getting this fixed first before you put in SGRs? No point in having new content if everyone can't use it. :( Plus, I've maintained that anything game breaking needs to be mended before adding anything else.

This is largely game breaking and it should be addressed sooner than later.

Edited by natashina

Allright, I tried to reroll on the Harbinger but I just couldn't leave my 50's behind... After over 10 tranfse request to CS, I finally gave up... the state of the game was what really made me angry, did not even mention about us.

/ unsubscribed... I will be back when I am able to play properly from APAC. Until then, I don't see any reasons why I should pay for this game.

Allright, I tried to reroll on the Harbinger but I just couldn't leave my 50's behind... After over 10 tranfse request to CS, I finally gave up... the state of the game was what really made me angry, did not even mention about us.

/ unsubscribed... I will be back when I am able to play properly from APAC. Until then, I don't see any reasons why I should pay for this game.

i sustain ur 2nd action,

ea only care about ur sub fee,

so u do the right choice.

i don't support ur 1st action, cause im not on Harbinger :p

just kidding.

Haven't seen the OP for awhile in this thread is he still around ?

Im still here!!! Not banned for my video too!!!

I hope Hickman has seen my Xmas message because the underlying message in it can not be stressed any more considering his latest state of the game!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEj2nxkGL8U

So disappointing in BW/EA. Its pretty obvious they arent going to do ANYTHING about this and just wait until paid transfers come in.

Shame on you BW.

And yes, a little patience is a good trait to have - and I believe the 3 months we have waited without answer is patient enough.

We are demanding a resolution to this issue.

If you think three months is enough for a BUSINESS then you're really underestimated the sort of numbers a responsible company would need to make a major decision.

Just dropping by to show support hope this gets fixed or at least addressed sad that in the podcast nothing was mentioned makes me think they have no idea what the hell they are going to do. Good luck a lot of people are pulling for you.

If you think three months is enough for a BUSINESS then you're really underestimated the sort of numbers a responsible company would need to make a major decision.

Although i hate to admit it, this. There are so many potential reasons for delays.

Hosting agreements is one that comes to mind right away. Combined this with their stated assesment of F2P, it would make sense. It could be the tech for xfers is not where they want it, and rather than running with a process or solution that is half arsed, they may be chosing to wait until they have a "full package".

Who really knows why there is such a delay, im sure they have reasons - reasons that they choose not to share.

I rerolled about a month ago, and i gotta say - the game is better than ever.

The time APAC players are waiting for queue pops over the course of a month, they could have levelled another toon.

Although i hate to admit it, this. There are so many potential reasons for delays.

Hosting agreements is one that comes to mind right away. Combined this with their stated assesment of F2P, it would make sense. It could be the tech for xfers is not where they want it, and rather than running with a process or solution that is half arsed, they may be chosing to wait until they have a "full package".

Who really knows why there is such a delay, im sure they have reasons - reasons that they choose not to share.

I rerolled about a month ago, and i gotta say - the game is better than ever.

The time APAC players are waiting for queue pops over the course of a month, they could have levelled another toon.

Could I have levelled four 50s and geared them all, like they already are on the Master Dar'Narla server, in that time?

Could I get my legacy to level 50 like it is on the Master Dar'Narla server, on a new server in that time?

Could I have grinded enough Credits to unlock all the Server wide unlocks like I already have on the Master Dar'Narla server, on a new server in that time?

Yes, I have rerolled on a US server. Still doesnt change the fact that this situation is utter B.S.

Edited by Ignicity

Talk with your wallet then dude ....

Look, im in the same boat. I have 3 50's over there, im at legacy 20 about have 20mil creds across them all.

Yes, its been dead for ages ... but that doesnt change the fact that they are not obligated under their terms and conditions to do a single thing to fix our issues - so a concrete timeframe is always going to be out of the question.

Everyone seems be to crying for consolodation of servers. I just want XFERS!

Talk with your wallet then dude ....

Look, im in the same boat. I have 3 50's over there, im at legacy 20 about have 20mil creds across them all.

Yes, its been dead for ages ... but that doesnt change the fact that they are not obligated under their terms and conditions to do a single thing to fix our issues - so a concrete timeframe is always going to be out of the question.

Everyone seems be to crying for consolodation of servers. I just want XFERS!

Why do I have to talk with my wallet?

Why can't I talk with my words? Are words no longer useful?

Stop telling us how to play and how to spend our money and how to post on the forums.

What were asking for isn't that freakin hard to impliment. Geez, it's as if we were asking Al Qaeda for world peace.

Personally, Server Transfers are a must and as soon as freaken possible. But in all fairness to the populations on all 3 APAC servers, they need to merge them into one (in my opinion).

Edited by Ignicity

Oh, I mistyped a vowel. Clearly my point is invalid. :rolleyes:

The point is he might have mistyped as well but you had to bring it up in your reply while at the same time making yourself look stupid. In other words when having a debate don't talk about peoples grammar if it has nothing to do with the subject.

Why do I have to talk with my wallet?

Why can't I talk with my words? Are words no longer useful?

Stop telling us how to play and how to spend our money and how to post on the forums.

What were asking for isn't that freakin hard to impliment. Geez, it's as if we were asking Al Qaeda for world peace.

Personally, Server Transfers are a must and as soon as freaken possible. But in all fairness to the populations on all 3 APAC servers, they need to merge them into one (in my opinion).

With all the staff layoffs from last year i don't think they can do the server transfers as they still have not mortified the back end of this game engine to do automated transfers and its still all done manually.

As evident with the PTS copy fiasco.

However the last state of game tells us they may be close to having this done now.

To be honest, I'm not surprised we weren't mentioned in the State of the Game 2. Usually everything they do have to go through all that stupid EA bs processes just to be posted on here. So that was probably written in late November/early December, which is only 2-3 weeks after FTP. It only just got cleared after the holidays because EA are a bunch of lazy jerks who only want money.