Gotta hand it to BW :)

Samoth_Nomad

Super smooth server transfer. A few folks lost names, but no lost items or characters.

14 instances of EC tonight and the gameplay was super smooth. Didn't experience any of the server lag that plagued servers after the last merger. Thanks for upgrading your servers! It's nice to have a server backbone that can apparently handle the load.

Hopefully folks can get past the name issue to see the improvements to the server hardware. It really is like playing on a whole new beast. Warzones and Ops, smooth as butter. Heck, they can forcefully change my name to dungbeetle of it means we get nice upgrades like this......

Indeed. Hopefully this will mean future updates for open world pvp.

There won't be any open world pvp updates until next year. Haven't you heard ilum won't be fixed until January of next year and that's a big if they can fix it. Ilum was supposed to be the center piece for world pvp, but it didn't work. I doubt it any thing BW does from here until January will resemble any thing like world pvp. The only thing they are adding is another warzone and that is it.

Edited by Knockerz

There won't be any open world pvp updates until next year. Haven't you heard ilum won't be fixed until January of next year and that's a big if they can fix it. Ilum was supposed to be the center piece for world pvp, but it didn't work. I doubt it any thing BW does from here until January will resemble any thing like world pvp. The only thing they are adding is another warzone and that is it.

Tbh why do you need wold pvp updates, world pvp starts with the players themselves, I know i've been having fun while doing my dailies on Belsavis/ilum/Black Hole, we have world pvp on a daily basis..

Agreed, this was a great day in this game's history, and we should all be proud to witness it. So many things could've gone wrong, but they didn't - everything went perfectly as intended.

Lol really? They forgot to give APAC players the extra character slots and did nothing for the APAC servers, while bringing their servers down for 12 hours...nothing went wrong?

A CS rep posted in another thread:

"oh sorry it was an oversight, we are aware of the issue! thanks!"

Lol.

Tbh why do you need wold pvp updates, world pvp starts with the players themselves, I know i've been having fun while doing my dailies on Belsavis/ilum/Black Hole, we have world pvp on a daily basis..

did u play ilum pvp b4?

that's called a world pvp(but lag so much),

not small fight as BH daily.

It went really well for my guild as well, people got to keep their names and nothing was lost. I was so worried that my little Sith Warrior was going to lose her name, it was taken already when I checked on Red Eclipse. Got lucky with amount of time played however, she is currently on Alderaan, so I didn't have to lose it. Add the extra character slots and we had a really fun time in guild chat comparing what characters we were going to make.

Thumbs up from me :)

did u play ilum pvp b4?

that's called a world pvp(but lag so much),

not small fight as BH daily.

No, i didn't i was still playing casually to 50 at the point that ilum 'broke' n stuff, but ye that might have been different. The way I see it, world pvp is pvp out in the world, and not in a fixed arena/wz, so basicly every outdoor pvp is world pvp, no? the fights in BH might be smaller then the ilum ones, but 16v16 (or even more) is fun too tbh, it's pvp afterall, and we didn't need bioware to create something, we as players are doing it ourselves.

No, i didn't i was still playing casually to 50 at the point that ilum 'broke' n stuff, but ye that might have been different. The way I see it, world pvp is pvp out in the world, and not in a fixed arena/wz, so basicly every outdoor pvp is world pvp, no? the fights in BH might be smaller then the ilum ones, but 16v16 (or even more) is fun too tbh, it's pvp afterall, and we didn't need bioware to create something, we as players are doing it ourselves.

There is "structured" World PvP and there is Open World PvP. First, SWTOR never offered "structured" World PvP. What they initially did was an Open World PvP system with a "valor" reward structure tied to it through a daily on Ilum. Despite the horrendous and game breaking lag, people grinded the Open World PvP on Ilum for the Daily valor. Once they took out the valor (due to game break valor exploit, which they NEVER remedied), people stopped coming to Ilum.

I know it sounds good on paper to think world pvp happens spontaneously, but rarely if ever does that actually happen without some form of catalyst. The two most succesful variants have been either creating an entire separate realm with control points (ala GW2), or have a rewards-based system. SWTOR offers neither, hence, the only "world pvp" you will see are a handful of small minor fights here and there, nothing that feels epic, large or important in value.

Even my Xbox 360 can support 8v8 fights. Why would I want to roam around a planet for the chance encounter against 3 or 4 hostile targets?

like i said, on TOFN we're having decent fights that sometimes do feel epic in black hole, well at least to me they feel that way, but that's a matter of opinion i guess. I know i'm having more fights with the opposite faction then i ever had in WoW (except from the lowbie bashing). it might be different on pve servers, but i'm satisfied with the amounts of fights offs i encounter on this pvp server. I do agree that some massive pvp could be nice, not gonna argue about that, but saying there is no-one attacking each other isn't true either, we rly have some fun situations going on :D