Pax open recruitment (Dominus & Imperius)

DarthBror

***Pax would like to welcome all new and returning players***

Welcome to the Ebon Hawk TOR community! If you're looking to jumpstart your gaming experience, joining a good guild is key. Pax is a multi-game community with a long, rich history. While some guilds choose to specialize in specific aspects of gameplay, Pax embraces all styles of play.

Want to get the most out of your questing? We can find you a leveling partner.

Want to get the most out of your limited warzone access? Our members can teach you the ins and outs of your class so you can succeed immediately at PvP.

Do you like to roleplay? We can cater to you as well, whether it's running silly little events like Naked Scavengers or more serious RP.

So check out www.paxgaming.com and see if we are the right fit for you.

Edited by pbloom

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best guild ever! I'm not just saying that because they are paying me to, either. (they're paying A LOT) Seriously, i'd still say that for half the money! Great group of people who really care about their community, who really care about their people. It's nice to not just be another nameless face in the crowd, and they have done a wonderful job of making me feel welcome.

If you're looking for a guild where ya log in to no guild chat, never see any members, and don't want to help your fellow mates, then this is NOT the guild for you. Keep up the great work Pax, we're there for ya 110%!

-Vyn

Best guild ever! I'm not just saying that because they are paying me to, either. (they're paying A LOT) Seriously, i'd still say that for half the money! Great group of people who really care about their community, who really care about their people. It's nice to not just be another nameless face in the crowd, and they have done a wonderful job of making me feel welcome.

If you're looking for a guild where ya log in to no guild chat, never see any members, and don't want to help your fellow mates, then this is NOT the guild for you. Keep up the great work Pax, we're there for ya 110%!

-Vyn

We will be processing your payment shortly...What is half of zero? :D

Seriously, thanks for the kind words.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why don't you drop by our website and see what the fuss is all about?

Edited by pbloom

I am a new recuit with Pax. I am one week into the application process and I have to say their application process is the most fun and original that I have ever been a part of. It really allows the guild to get to know you and you to know them. I felt instantly welcome.

I chose Pax after posting on The Ebon Hawk server forums that I was looking for a guild. Kyahlia responded so I decided to give it a go. Pax does pvp, pve, and rp, but I have never felt preasured to participate in any one area and there is always someone online. I highly recommend this guild to anyone looking for a great group of people to play and socialize with.

-Dailus

Edited by dailus

I am currently in the recruitment process with PAX. Everyone has been great so far. They have a very clear and precise process that is easy to follow and yet fun. They also have a really active community which is nice! I am hoping they let me stick around a bit longer ;)

Like many of the others, I'm new to Pax. I actually saw Dailus's post about looking for a guild and Kyahlia's subsequent response. I decided to look into it and I'm glad I did. Pax is a large, multigame guild that somehow manages to seem fresh and fun.

Like some of the others who've posted, I think the application process is great. It's basically a breaking in and getting to know you period. From what I can tell, you get out what you put in it. Like I said, I'm having a blast with it.

As far as in-game goes, there are always guildmates online. They've all been super friendly and easy going. The banter in the guild channel is fun and lighthearted. And did I mention there are always guildmates online? Can't state that part enough.

Voice chat, good people, good times... I'm happy with my choice. And looking forward to the end of the application process and becoming a full member!

Hello,

I recently returned to TOR and I'm almost through my recruitment process so I just wanted to pop in and say a few things about Pax and why you should consider them.

I'm in Pax Dominus, our Republic guild, and while the Pax Gaming Community is huge, the guild itself is small. Or "normal size" I should say. So if you're intimidated or have resevation about joining a large guild, don't be.

Pax has guilds in a dozen or so games so if you play multiple games or you ever leave TOR you don't have to start from scratch. You'll jump right in with people you've already been interacting with on their forums.

Want to hook up and play with people through Steam? XBox Live? They have that too.

There is a rectruitment process but you'll get an invite right away. Just because there's a two week process doesn't mean you're playing solo during that time. Quite the opposite. In these last two weeks people have grouped up with me at every chance.

Your recruitment will consist of people asking you a bunch of questions. Mostly silly stuff so they can get to know you. Its painless. If you're still reading this then you'll do just fine.

One week in and i know i have made the right call putting in a application to PAX. The folks in PAX across all platforms have been nice and there app process is fun and a breath of fresh air. When you log in you feel at home right off the bat, Although there has been this strange car following me around for the last week???:d_confused: kidding there's no strange car..........

Seriously they have a group for every aspect of the game and have people that can help you and want to help you that's key for why i choose PAX.

Did i mention pie?

Hey Everyone!

Just a few words about my experience with Pax and the recruitment process as well as a comment or two about the guild itself.

The recruitment process is unlike anything Ive ever seen in a guild. Ive heard of two-week trial periods, I've heard of interviews for guild acceptance. I've never experienced a two-week interview. And I like it. Most of the questions and tasks asked of me had nothing to do with the game I was applying into or even questions that I would normally would have been asked outside of gaming. They kept me pretty busy throughout my Thanksgiving weekend for sure and though it tailed off some this second week (hopefully due to acceptance rather than boredom at my answers. :cool:), it has kept me interested and hopping. GG has especially put the irons to me with fun riddles and morality questions that has kept me typing with a smile.

This leads me to the guild itself. The process is there because it is truly a community. You can log into the forums and see a running diatribe of whatever the topic of the moment is on a scrolling chat window. You can log into the TS server and find the same. They are committed players in most part but there is a range from casual to hardcore without judgement. As they say, its not about the game, its about the people. And the hardcore is not with the typical hardcore attitudes.

Like most who apply, I have had experience with other guilds in the past and due to that, its easy to want to be in a guild of mature players that understand that the world is not their game, their game enhances their world. Fair warning, I've discovered how RP oriented this guild is and that is not for everyone so you need to get to know if the guild is for you as well as the other way around. Questions are encouraged and answered quickly. I guess, as is typical to me, I'm being long-winded so to wrap it up I'd say that this guild while not for everyone, is more that worthwhile for those that like the fit.

Hi folks!

I’ve decided to take a moment to stop by and discuss the Pax Gaming Guild. Specifically: Pax Imperius, the Imperial SWTOR division.

I’ll begin by explaining a little about myself and my personal needs. I’ve been through far too many guilds in this game since Early Access began. I enjoy building relationships and sincerely dislike “guild hopping.” However, in order to demonstrate my own preference for longevity, I require certain things from my guild. It took me nearly 3 years to find the guild that was a good fit for me in WoW. Thankfully, it only took a third of that time here in SWTOR.

It is no secret (to those who know me here) how fed up I’ve become with BioArts. I have been on the verge of canceling and uninstalling this game a couple of times now as I see trends from other, long gone games repeating themselves here. The realization I had to come to is similar to my view of role-playing in MMOs. The job of the development company, for better or worse, is to provide us with the tools necessary to enjoy a game the way we want. There are so many people with so many tastes that it is virtually impossible for a development company to please us all. Therefore, it is up to us to learn how to use the tools (the game) to our advantage and find our own way to enjoy the game how we like. It turns out, for me, it all boils down to the people I surround myself with. To me, the game is only a shell. It is the people I associate with who fill that shell with all the caramel, chocolaty goodness I enjoy.

You see, I’m a semi-hardcore player. I also tend to play far more often in non-peak hours. I feel if I am in a guild and playing solo most of the time, I might as well not be in a guild. Pax Imperius is a large enough guild to have someone on at all hours of the day. It is true, like most guilds, you find your largest number of players on during peak hours. However, I have had no problem at all finding folks to talk with, strategize with, or group with at any time of the day, any day of the week.

A typical problem with large guilds is feeling lost in the crowd or being excluded from planned groups due to cliquish behavior. I don’t know how they manage it, but Pax Imperius does not suffer from this all too common problem. On second thought, I do know how they accomplish this. It is the sense of community inherent in the guild’s culture. Most large guilds don’t seem to have spent the necessary time defining who they are or creating a culture of helpfulness and inclusion that Pax Imperius has.

These days, many guilds seem to have allowed the simple art of typing to fall to the wayside for more “convenient” form of communication, like using third party software for voice communication. Pax Imperius, again, did not fall victim to laziness. It is true, if you don’t like to type you can join their voice communication server and talk it up to your heart’s content. If you’re like me, however, and find constant voice chat distracting from your game, breaking immersion, or flat out annoying, there are an abundance of people chatting in guild chat to offset those who prefer voice chat. Don’t get me wrong, Pax Imperius uses voice chat when it is appropriate: Ops, pre-made Warzones, and to occasionally ease group Flashpoints. The point, however, is voice chat is used more as a tool than a lifestyle choice which suits me just fine.

With Pax Imperius, you will also find an incredibly helpful group of people. Since joining, I have yet to run dailies by myself when I didn’t want to. I have had no problem finding people willing to run specific Flashpoints with me when I need them. I’ve been able to run the Ops I need to gear my newer level 50s. There are no cookie cutter builds forced on you, but if you need help deciding which direction to go, there is no shortage of sound, tested advice.

Many guilds pay lip-service to the idea they cater to all playstyles. It is rare to find a guild who actually lives up to that claim. Pax Imperius has managed to do just that. Again, I chalk it up to the culture the guild is based on since this culture attracts all types of players. More importantly, Pax Imperius retains all types of players. Whether you enjoy PvE, Leveling, Grinding, PvP, Role-play, or Theorycraft, you will find people who share the same interests as you. I have seen examples of all of these play-styles and more since joining Pax Imperius. In fact, several people go out of their way to include and even blend different playstyles into guild-wide events. Recently, I’ve seen events tailored toward people who enjoy PvP and / or RP that include both Pax Imperius and Pax Dominus (the republic faction of the Pax Gaming Guild).

By the way, I have yet to role-play for a single second since joining Pax, but that is by my choice. I have experienced every other playstyle you can have in a game since joining and I am incredibly impressed with Pax’s ability to include everyone, regardless of your preference. You do not have to be a role-player and still feel included thanks to a severe lack of cliquey or elitist attitudes. Due to past experiences, I am extremely picky about who I role-play with. I already know, should I choose to role-play, I will have no problem role-playing with these folks. I also know if I choose to never role-play, I will still feel right at home.

This leads me to another point about the Pax Gaming Guild. Many guilds out there cater to one faction or the other. Even though they may have a presence in the other faction, there is always a dominant faction where the opposite faction is neglected in one sense or another. That is not the case with the Pax Gaming Guild. I am an Alt-heavy player and I have level 50s (and lesser toons I enjoy leveling with) in both factions. I have seen a high level of activity and interaction on both sides. The only way you feel alone in the Pax Gaming Guild is if you want to be, regardless of which faction you play.

The last thing I feel obligated to mention is Pax’s application process. While freedom isn’t free in real life, neither is joining Pax. The cost to join Pax, however, is commitment. The application process may appear daunting to some. I support it fully, however. There are several obvious reasons Pax has an in-depth application process. It’s part getting to know you and part you getting to know them. One of the less obvious reasons (and the one I appreciate the most), however, is that a successful guild takes commitment. The application is designed to promote loyalty and retain members. Like the Matrix, no one can tell you what their application process is. You have to experience it for yourself. To be quite blunt, if you have what it takes to be a productive member of a guild, to help build and contribute to a community, have a sense of cooperation and a desire to experience the game to its fullest while helping others do the same, you won’t have any problems joining. If you don’t, you won’t. It’s as simple as that.

On a scale of 1 – 10, I’d give Pax (of any division or game) a solid 9. I only say 9 because everyone needs room to improve. It’s a 10 in spirit, though. I’m looking forward to a nice, long relationship with these people. The one criticism I have of the Pax Gaming Guild right now is that not everyone prefers pie to cake. I mean, diversity is nice but you don’t meet many people who prefer to not breathe over breathing. How some people can prefer cake to pie is beyond me. However, this is just another example of how accepting the people of Pax are. We accept everyone for their differences… even those who prefer cake to pie.

Stop wasting time and come join us.

Edited by InnerPieces

I recently just finished my recruitment process and became a full member. The recruitment process is unique, fun, and active. I have enjoyed my time with the guild, and have found them more than willing to help out with anything you need. There is another good thing I like about Pax is their presence in other games. This makes this more of a community of friends rather than just a guild in one game.

It is just a great group of people on all sides.

I am currently in the application phase with Pax Dominus.

I decided to check them out after watching some of them doing RP on Nar Shadaa. I was looking for an RP friendly guild and everyone seemed to be having fun. Checked out their website and truthfully felt a bit overwhelmed by their two week application process. While it seemed pretty straight forward....two weeks seemed a bit much. But I kept going back to their website as it seemed that this was a group of people who liked to have fun, played hard, but didn't turn the game or any aspect of it into a full-time job.

Finally decided about a week or so ago to apply. Instead of being as overwhelming as I though it would be its quite fun. Most of the application process is them asking you weird questions that may or may not have to do with the game. So far I have enjoyed the process and the questions. You definitely get a feel for the guild and whether they and you are a good fit.

Whether you are mainly PVP, PVE, an RPer or something in between I would recommend giving them a look. Any guild that has members who love Star Wars, Star Trek, and Dr. Who is beyond awesome.

Ziyla

I am currently in the application phase with Pax,

I would like to say this seems like a very friendly guild that helps each other out in all aspects of the game. The application time might be long but they do ask some pretty funny questions :D. I would recommend them to anyone

Es'rever

Hi. Another applicant to the guild, popping by the thread to say hello.

They have strange customs... make us wear this weird white armour and use these rifles you couldn't hit the broad side of a bantha with. Apparently we're to put on a light show, firing in-effectually at designated targets.

Been hanging around the channels and talking to people, they're a good bunch. The application process isn't as complicated as it might seem at first glance. It makes you think about it, and gives you a chance to get into the 'flow' of the guild.

I am excited!

Never since defeating Valis have I been this excited. I was looking for a guild that was established, serious, but fun. I’m not an established PvP player by any means but Pax has encouraged me and one member has offered to work with me. What more can one ask? This is what I was looking for.

During the "processing" stage, members post interesting queries on your recruitment thread. It is a wonderful way to meet a good cross section of this community and it must be a good way for Pax to get a good idea about the candidate. Very smart.

Make sure your toon name follows the rules. They wouldn’t allow my lvl 36 winstonsmith. So I had to reroll. (Meet Alekhine. YIkes! is this reroll crowded!) This just shows how republic they are. It's a society govern by law, not men or women.

Jedi Sentinel "Alekhine"

I just wanted to add my vote for this guild. I'm almost through my application process, and it has been wonderful. Everyone is really nice and helpful. There's a broad range of levels, so there's always someone you can run with. They take the game seriously, but have a good time and a lot of laughs while doing it.

The Pax gaming community here on SWTOR is FANTASTIC. Great people, good sense of humors and they certainly dont mind my one weakness, ALTS!

There organized, have a great system to bring new members in and thus far have been active at almost all hours of the day and night.

What is not to like, PvP & PvE... help around every corner. Guild events on a nightly basis. Pax always welcomes everyone regardless of skill lvl or knowledge with the intent to help you become a better player. In either progression raiding or open world shenanigans Pax has what you crave. Great group of people to play with and are always up for sarcastic TS banter.

one more thing... free hats. and jackie... one more thing... join the dark side we have cookies...

I got into the recruitment process almost two weeks ago and all I can say is WOW. I have been playing MMO's for going on thirteen years and I have never had such an awesome application process. This group is just so involved with their new members and so social, it is very impressive. I have found constant help and guidance upon immediately joining. I've also found friends that I am running flashpoints with daily and cracking jokes with over team-speak, leveling together in the process. It truly is just an awesome crowd and I plan on sticking with these guys no matter what game I play. I urge you to consider joining them. You will not regret it! :D