Ebon Hawk PvP Shout-outs

Jenzali

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted something about Ninjablade on the PvP "hate" thread, but then, only after I posted it, I realized that I was giving him props instead of actually bashing him, even though it was never my intention to bash him. I merely stated that I "hated" him because he beats the hell out of me in WZs all the time. Outside of his RPs, however, he's actually a very nice and respectful guy.

That being said, I have to wholly disagree that assassins/shadows are FOTM. Yes, they hit very hard when they're geared properly and when the player knows how to use his/her abilities to their utmost effectiveness, but ANY class/spec that works for the PLAYER and is geared can be extremely deadly, provided it is a DPS spec. I watched that youtube video of the four assassins "nuking" the gunslinger, and, despite it not being a ranked match, I have to say that I was impressed. However, it wasn't the amount of damage that they did to the other team, even if the other team consisted of PUGs. Rather, it was the coordination that the four players portrayed in the match. Notice that in the second round, the other team got a little smarter and attempted to use their stealth detection to their advantage by putting the gunslinger in cover to build up his stacks while the commandos swept the surrounding areas with their stealth scans. So, what did the four assassins do? They couldn't go straight at them because they would've been spotted, and they couldn't go in from the side because of the stealth scans. Instead, they went BEHIND the other team through their spawn area, and not only did they do that, but they WAITED until the gunslinger's entrench wore off before they attacked. Then, after the gunslinger melted, they, for the most part, continued to utilize their focus fire to take out the others.

You can hate on these four hard-hitters all you want, and you can be sarcastic and condescending by pointing out that this was NOT a ranked match. However, this is a "shout out" forum, and I give those four assassins props on their use of tactics, situational awareness, and coordination to get the job done, ranked match or not.

As for Saeari: Whoever is calling you bad, simply let them. I am not a horrible player in my own right, but any time I go up against you, Ninjablade, Coldflesh, Beskoda, or Faatt, I get demolished. I have not had the privilege of running into Baxorr or Raptus, but if that video is any indication, I look forward to having my *** handed to me by them as well.

So, bottom line: No, this was not a ranked match, but you can still at least give them props for the coordination these four players portrayed in this match, even if you hate assassins and refer to them as the current FOTM, which I do not see them as such. So what if he recorded a video of the match? As he stated, he was recording a match that he was in with three other friends. It's like you want to fault him for that, and even if you're not, your attitude is wholly unnecessary. Admittedly, however, you (you know who you are) are not the only one, on either side of the argument, at fault for being unnecessarily hostile.

That being said, I have to wholly disagree that assassins/shadows are FOTM.

Being a "Flavor of the Month" class is merely a measure of its popularity and has nothing to do with the effectiveness of the said class, That is; besides the fact that the more powerful combos are usually more popular than the underpowered ones.

There has been a huge increase in the number of assassins and shadows in unranked WZs lately, with anecdotal evidence showing a significant amount of matches having more than third of the participants being either. It's a drastic and sudden change compared to a few months back, so people are well within their rights to call these two classes FotM on TEH (it's not true on the other servers).

Infiltration/Deception is in my opinion currently more popular than what smash ever was on our server (or I was merely lucky to be away when smash was at its peak).

Edited by Weeblie

Being a "Flavor of the Month" class is merely a measure of its popularity and has nothing to do with the effectiveness of the said class, That is; besides the fact that the more powerful combos are usually more popular than the underpowered ones.

There has been a huge increase in the number of assassins and shadows in unranked WZs lately, with anecdotal evidence showing a significant amount of matches having more than third of the participants being either. It's a drastic and sudden change compared to a few months back, so people are well within their rights to call these two classes FotM on TEH (it's not true on the other servers).

Infiltration/Deception is in my opinion currently more popular than what smash ever was on our server (or I was merely lucky to be away when smash was at its peak).

FOTM is a term generally used to denote a class/spec to being extremely popular due to being unequally powerful compared to what it should be, and in that regard, sins aren't a FOTM.

malice in wonderland has plenty of sins running in premades too :p at one point there was 3 of them in a huttball i was like da*** is this, thankfully deceptions not ideal and quite possibly even subpar for arena.

FOTM is a term generally used to denote a class/spec to being extremely popular due to being unequally powerful compared to what it should be, and in that regard, sins aren't a FOTM.

^LOLL<OLOOLLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL^^^^^^LOLOLOLOLOL so you mean the fact that you can kill someone in 1 stunlock and you have more than 4 abilities that can crit for over 8k is not op? oh and you have stealth lol

^LOLL<OLOOLLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL^^^^^^LOLOLOLOLOL so you mean the fact that you can kill someone in 1 stunlock and you have more than 4 abilities that can crit for over 8k is not op? oh and you have stealth lol

Show me an example of an assassin killing a geared and competent player via stunlock. In case you aren't aware, the class has one single hardstun, electrocute, which lasts 4 seoncds, 1.5 of which are ate by the GCD of simply using said stun. So, that means that, at best, you get two hits off during that stun, the only other "stun" we have is spike which only lets us get a maul off. So if you see a sin killing a player in 3 hits during stun duration, they're not geared.

Oh btw, carnage mara's can do 8k+ on ravage/scream/throw during a gore window. You know the difference? They don't have to break combat to be able to do big hits every 15 seconds (recklessness). So saying 8k hits makes us OP is silly.

Show me an example of an assassin killing a geared and competent player via stunlock. In case you aren't aware, the class has one single hardstun, electrocute, which lasts 4 seoncds, 1.5 of which are ate by the GCD of simply using said stun. So, that means that, at best, you get two hits off during that stun, the only other "stun" we have is spike which only lets us get a maul off. So if you see a sin killing a player in 3 hits during stun duration, they're not geared.

Oh btw, carnage mara's can do 8k+ on ravage/scream/throw during a gore window. You know the difference? They don't have to break combat to be able to do big hits every 15 seconds (recklessness). So saying 8k hits makes us OP is silly.

...... judging by what i just read clearly states that you have no idea what you're talking about. that is all.

Whether a spec is powerful or not is up for interpretation. People have complained about smash for a long time while I've never fully understood what the fuss was about (except that I concur with the sentiment it might be a bit too easy to play optimally).

Deception isn't overpowered in the sense that they are always better than other DPS in all situations, unlike operative healers who beat the other two classes in all aspects for arenas. But they most definitively do provide an absurd amount of single target CC and burst damage, both which are serious threats against uncoordinated teams.

No class could ever be named FotM if we had to reach a consensus of what's overpowered or not. :)

malice in wonderland has plenty of sins running in premades too :p at one point there was 3 of them in a huttball i was like da*** is this, thankfully deceptions not ideal and quite possibly even subpar for arena.

When Tweepy's away, the mice will play? :D

...... judging by what i just read clearly states that you have no idea what you're talking about. that is all.

Judging by what I just read clearly states that you're blowing smoke out of your *** trying to make an overpowered accusation because you don't like sins. See, unlike you, I have a sin, and I know what the class is capable of. And in my earlier post I explained exactly how our hardstuns work. You're just upset that you were proven wrong and now you're throwing out insults.

If you would like to make a proper reasoning at this "stunlock" argument, then you're free to try, but until then, you're just talking trash.

Edited by Hei_Atzfel

Meh, I've been playing Shadow since prerelease, even though I still suck. :p

Edited by RGMetal

Judging by what I just read clearly states that you're blowing smoke out of your *** trying to make an overpowered accusation because you don't like sins. See, unlike you, I have a sin, and I know what the class is capable of. And in my earlier post I explained exactly how our hardstuns work. You're just upset that you were proven wrong and now you're throwing out insults.

If you would like to make a proper reasoning at this "stunlock" argument, then you're free to try, but until then, you're just talking trash.

LOL, i have a 55 shadow. undergeared and i still do 800k+ dmg in a warzone as single target *burst*class, if you truly believe what you're saying then maybe you're just not very good at that class.

I would like to remind everyone that this is a Shout-Out thread, the hate thread is that way =>>>

Oh and this guy is retarded.

LOL, i have a 55 shadow. undergeared and i still do 800k+ dmg in a warzone as single target *burst*class, if you truly believe what you're saying then maybe you're just not very good at that class.

Yup, I'm so "bad" at the class that Ninja asked me to be part of this assassin group of his that he's putting some of the best PvP sins on the server into. Yup, clearly bad.