Server resets?

PsychKenn

Who else agrees that with all the players that have inactive accounts and the not once but twice many players like myself have merged/transfered that all character names and legacy names should be reset. Have a first come first serve on names again. Yes, some people will be late and may lose a name or two but many of us had to rename or add funny characters to our names once already. This is just a thought for these shiny new "mega servers" BW is pushing out.

It would be 100% fair. Just like first come first serve in the first hours of early access.

No it wouldn't. This would only benefit people who weren't on a destination server. The people who got the names they wanted during early access should keep their names. No one could foresee, which server would be left standing after the launch. Thus, the only people who have any say about keeping their names are people who reserve the names they wanted from early access and are still subscribed. That is fair. This will just throw that into wind, because a few people are stomping their feet cause their server didn't survive after many months. Your server had as much chance to be a destination server than any other server, but didn't make it. That if fair. What your recommending is completely unfair for people who by luck pick a server that is still standing.

Edited by _Babydoll_

and if you lose your first name than well it wasn't that unique or special anyway so choose a new one and move on

Of course. Because running for a few months taking names is just impossible. And I have your scout`s honor and word that you aren`t just upset because you lost yours, or want to steal others.

You might be actually honest in your belief.. it`s just I don`t know you that well to actually buy what you`re selling.

Edited by Styxx

Of course. Because running for a few months taking names is just impossible. And I have your scout`s honor and word that you aren`t just upset because you lost yours, or want to steal others.

You might be actually honest in your belief.. it`s just I don`t know you that well to actually buy what you`re selling.

eh? I'm not selling anything... if losing a fake name for a virtual character causes you ANY emotional distress at all in any way shape or form than you have issues...

eh? I'm not selling anything... if losing a fake name for a virtual character causes you ANY emotional distress at all in any way shape or form than you have issues...

That`s besides the point. A name is a name and having it is just having it.

By your analogy, or line of thought, it is perfectly reasonable to have all your armors and money taken away each month, because "it`s just a fake armor for a virtual character", which, obviously, is ridiculous.

I am lucky to be on the server they merge on for the second time.. but, if I lose any of my names.. I would raise an eyebrow, because, by all accounts and purposes... my avatars never moved, therefore, my names have both age and location priority.

Edited by Styxx

That`s besides the point. A name is a name and having it is just having it.

By your analogy, or line of thought, it is perfectly reasonable to have all your armors and money taken away each month, because "it`s just a fake armor for a virtual character", which, obviously, is ridiculous.

I am lucky to be on the server they merge on for the second time.. but, if I lose any of my names.. I would raise an eyebrow, because, by all accounts and purposes... my avatars never moved, therefore, my names have both age and location priority.

it's fake so yes it doesn't matter..besides the fact none of it is tangible the game could technically close at any moment and everything would be gone and we all know this going into an MMO... so yes again none of it really is a big deal

every MMO player should understand that how long their virtual stuff will be available is a gamble and everything could be gone at any time...

Edited by Liquidacid

If you are over the age of twelve and still do not know the difference between "than" and "then," then you have issues.

If you are over the age of twelve and still do not know the difference between "than" and "then," then you have issues.

Uh, Not sure what confusion you have, but spelling is probably one of the worst grammar problems of the world today.

But where did that come from?

I d0nt n0 ax3 t3h int3rn3t. u n0? lawl

Uh, Not sure what confusion you have, but spelling is probably one of the worst grammar problems of the world today.

But where did that come from?

I d0nt n0 ax3 t3h int3rn3t. u n0? lawl

I believe the proper response in this cultural setting would have been

NO U!1!!

Edited by Liquidacid

it's fake so yes it doesn't matter..besides the fact none of it is tangible the game could technically close at any moment and everything would be gone and we all know this going into an MMO... so yes again none of it really is a big deal

every MMO player should understand that how long their virtual stuff will be available is a gamble and everything could be gone at any time...

Fake or not fake, it makes no difference. Bioware changed the status quo for a lot of people.

Now, we can debate all day long if it`s the name, or the principle, however :)

and if you lose your first name than well it wasn't that unique or special anyway so choose a new one and move on

I been online gaming with this name sence 1996.....It is original. I survived the first server transfer, but my question is why this wasnt based on more of a senority, lvl and/or subscriber status system.

I been online gaming with this name sence 1996.....It is original. I survived the first server transfer, but my question is why this wasnt based on more of a senority, lvl and/or subscriber status system.

just because you have had the name Pepperz for a long time doesn't make it original... that's like saying "I've had the name Bob for 40 years so it's original"

and as for the seniority part I have no idea but honestly when merging servers with the naming system we have someone is gonna lose out no matter who they give priority and complain about it so I wouldn't think it is a big issue to BW as they will hear flak no matter which way they go

I still say we should bet on supermodel jello wrestling to decide who gets names

Edited by Liquidacid

I think if you had early access that you should keep your first and legacy names. If this means that there are several people with the same first name then so be it.Legacy names, however, should remain unique. They can be used to tell the differance between one player name Johnny and the other 12 with the same first name.

I think if you had early access that you should keep your first and legacy names. If this means that there are several people with the same first name then so be it.Legacy names, however, should remain unique. They can be used to tell the differance between one player name Johnny and the other 12 with the same first name.

the problem with that is not everyone has a legacy name... so that system wouldn't work unless they changed it and gave everyone a legacy name at character creation

No it wouldn't. This would only benefit people who weren't on a destination server. The people who got the names they wanted during early access should keep their names. No one could foresee, which server would be left standing after the launch. Thus, the only people who have any say about keeping their names are people who reserve the names they wanted from early access and are still subscribed. That is fair. This will just throw that into wind, because a few people are stomping their feet cause their server didn't survive after many months. Your server had as much chance to be a destination server than any other server, but didn't make it. That if fair. What your recommending is completely unfair for people who by luck pick a server that is still standing.

What about me who was also here for early access? Why shouldn't I be allowed a chance at keeping my name? What's good for the goose, is good for the gander.