Going Commando

Tiranea

Here's what's been happening on the blog in July!

The Shrine of Silence is Pretty Spiffy - Everything I love about the new flashpoint

Galactic Season 4 in Review - Final thoughts after achieving all my GS4 goals

Savanna Vorantikus Returns! - The story of a meme

Playing Story Catch-up - I talk about some "between-seasons goals" I'm working on

Republic Saboteur, Part 1 - After finally getting a suitably aligned Republic character far enough in the story to turn traitor, I detail her story from Iokath to Onderon

The Interpreter's Retreat - More detailed thoughts on this new planetary area

Republic Saboteur, Part 2 - My saboteur's adventures continue on Mek-Sha and Corellia

Planets I'd like to revisit - Since it worked pretty well for Voss, where else would be fun to return as part of the story?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Here's what's been happening on the blog in August:

Never Knowing What Comes Next - I get a little melancholy about the way SWTOR's content cadence has always been somewhat irregular, especially when compared to other MMOs

Romance Review: Base Game Guys for Gals - My opinions on the original romances for female characters - clearly a highly relevant topic in 2023!

SWTOR Moves to the Cloud & GS5 Changes Direction - My thoughts on these two pieces of news

My Very Own Malgus - I got the Black Series Malgus figure and he's the SWTOR merch I always wanted

A Long, Slow Goodbye to Twitter - Musings on the support role that particular social media site has played for the blog for over a decade and where it's going

Saving TOR Fashion - Some thoughts on the importance of fan sites and just how much work goes into them

What Is Conquest and Why Should I Care about It? - An attempt to provide a concise answer to that question without going into too much detail

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your blog. I've been following it since about 2018 and enjoy seeing your perspective on things since it's different from mine (solo player here). Sorry, I don't comment there because I don't have a blogger account and hate creating new accounts, especially just to comment on one blog. That's not a knock on you though, just on how restrictive blogger is with comments.

• Like 2

Well, it's not so much a Blogger account that's required as a Google account - I figure lots of people have free Gmail accounts and such. But I get it, I wish there were more options (and there used to be). Now the only other thing I can do is allow totally anonymous commenting and let's just say that hasn't always worked great in the past.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's what I've been talking about on the blog in September:

Take That, Brontes! - Sharing a little joy about an operations achievement

Strange Conquest Drama - A short tale about how Total Galactic War apparently brings out the worst in some people

Patch 7.3.1 and Galactic Season 5 Are Here! - I pick my favourite patch notes and comment on them

PvP Season 3 & A Look at Some Battle Records - Some musings on the season after completing the reward track and a look at my PvP stats since seasons were introduced

The Hunt for the Best View Returns... Again! - I get excited about the Best View contest returning and share my submissions from last year

Notes about Galactic Season 5, Week 2 - Thoughts on companion, operations and flashpoint objectives in GS5

Star Wars: Visions Season 2 - Sharing some thoughts on the episodes that came out in May

Life in the Cloud - I summarise the move to AWS from a player perspective

• 1 month later...

Whoops, forgot to post my monthly update here last week! Here's what I wrote about in October:

Thoughts on the Ahsoka TV show - I definitely liked parts of it, but it just didn't come together into a satisfying whole for me

The Devs Speak - In which I profess to see hints of the devs being a bit happier/more relaxed in their interactions since moving to Broadsword

Galactic Season 5 Story Review - GS5 is still going on, but the story can be completed once you hit season level 40, so I wanted to write down my thoughts on that

Master Mode Flashpoint Tips: Infinite Army Prototype - Just a little guide as I noticed there seemed to be almost nothing out there about this boss

A Livestream About 7.4 And Beyond - My thoughts on the 7.4 dev stream and which items I was most excited about

Peace Out, Again - My pacifist character hit the level cap again - sadly, it wasn't that exciting the second time around

Thoughts on Dxun Master Mode and NiMs in general - People clamour for more NiMs, so I was surprised to find that there's very little documentation of some of the existing MM ops even years after their release

On 9/20/2023 at 2:32 AM, Tiranea said:

Well, it's not so much a Blogger account that's required as a Google account - I figure lots of people have free Gmail accounts and such. But I get it, I wish there were more options (and there used to be). Now the only other thing I can do is allow totally anonymous commenting and let's just say that hasn't always worked great in the past.

Sorry, I didn't see your response until now. When logged out, it says "Sign in with Google." Once logged in to Google, the button changes to Sign in with Blogger. Clicking the button goes to a form to create a blog. There's no way to comment without filling out that form to create a blog.

I understand you have to do what's best for your site. I'm not disappointed or anything. I hope for the best for you and your site. I continue to check every few weeks to see your perspective on what's happening in the game. Thanks.

• Like 2

That's interesting to know, thank you! As this is the first time I've heard of this... but then I guess a lot of the people who comment more regularly on my blog are already registered with Blogger as well so wouldn't have noticed. 🤔

• 1 month later...

Gah, I need to be better at remembering to post here at the start of the month! I know we're well into December now, but here's Novembers summary for now:

Looking Back at SWTOR's Patch History - A massive post in which I look at SWTOR's content cadence over the years in terms of releasing story updates, group content, new planets and more

Mysteries of Mek-Sha - A bit of a short rant about the incongruence of everything on that planet

Surveyed! - I write about the survey that Broadsword sent out in November, what sorts of questions it asked and my personal answers to them

Hotblooded on Hoth - About the experience of trying to get kill credit for world bosses while on your own

New APAC Region Server Launching TODAY! - Let's just say, I was very surprised to see the Shae Vizla server launch as it did!

Enjoying the New Server Smell on Shae Vizla - My experiences playing on the new server immediately after launch

Liabilities of Taris - How hunting named mobs for seasons can turn into an unexpected bit of fun

GS5 Review: Star Forge - TL;DR: I joined a guild and it made everything better

A Week of APAC Adventure - More observations about life on a completely fresh server

GS5 Review: The Leviathan - I made some new alts and struggled with bonus series bugs

GS5 Review: Tulak Hord - I experimented with doing guild conquest by myself in a mini-guild

I enabled non-logged-in commenting again for now after the previous exchange by the way... we'll see whether it causes any issues with spam etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello Shintar/Tiranea, congratulations on 12 years of SWTOR blogging! Like ThanderSnB, I have run into obstacles trying to post messages on your blog itself. Earlier today, I thought I might finally manage it (since there was an option to post using a name and URL, rather than having to log in to anything ... I didn't recall having seen that option before), but then the platform just returned an error whenever I tried to post. Oh well. If that had worked, I was going to start posting about the Shae Vizla (APAC) server, as I'm probably in the minority being an Australian who hasn't created a character there yet. I plan to do that eventually, but it isn't a priority right now. Considering SWTOR factors alone, the main reason I haven't left my current home server (Satele Shan) is because I'm in a great guild here (Elders of the Republic/Elders of the Sith). Anyway, congratulations again! 🙂 - DB

• Like 3

You wouldn't have seen the anonymous comment option before, because as I mentioned above, I enabled commenting without logging in after seeing what people were saying about having difficulties posting here... bummed to hear people are still getting errors even when trying to use that 😭 but that may just be a general issue with Blogger then. Quite annoying though.

Anyway, thanks for the nice words and I do hope you enjoy SV whenever you do check it out. 😉 Though I totally get wanting to stick with your guild on SS.

• Like 1

Happy New Year! December was another busy month on the blog; here's what you might have missed:

GS5 Review: Satele Shan - What I got up to on that server during Galactic Season 5

7.4 First Impressions - New gear, shiny dyes and bugs, oh my!

Chains in the Dark Story Review - My in-depth review of the 7.4 story update (with spoilers)

A Great Dev Interview - Basically a plug for an interview done by the New Overlords podcast, with some choice dev quotes highlighted

The Shae Vizla APAC Server Is a Month Old Today - Impressions of how things are going

SWTOR Turns Twelve Today - I look back at a pretty momentous year and how I felt about it

Twelve Years of SWTOR Blogging - My annual review of what I talked about on the blog

Enjoying Life Day - How MMO holidays can sometimes deliver when real life doesn't

Galactic Season 5 in Review - What I thought of this season as a whole

Will We Return to Hutta in 7.5? - I look at what looks like a deliberate hint at what's to come on the new loading screen

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I've been pretty busy on the blog in January, updating some widgets and evergreen pages for the first time in ages - didn't realise my characters page hadn't been updated in almost seven years for example, oops.

There was also the usual number of regular posts though:

Is SWTOR Unusually Bottom-Heavy? - I muse on whether the low-level game is more popular/important in SWTOR than in other MMOs

Struggling with Credits on Shae Vizla - Life at endgame is expensive nowadays, and you notice it more on a fresh server than on any of the old ones

Thoughts on the New Galactic Trade Network - Some pros and cons of the new interface

Guild Level 600 - My guild hit max level without me even realising... I feel a little melancholy

Meeting the Curator - Thoughts on the Lane Vizla story continuation that came with 7.4

The End of Galactic Season 5 & The Future of Shae Vizla - My thoughts after finishing the GS5 reward track on the new APAC server

PvP Season 4, Arenas & PvP on Shae Vizla - My experiences in my busiest PvP season yet

Seeing How the Other Side Lives - Three things I didn't realise people liked/cared about until I became part of more casual guilds on other servers

Around the SWTOR-sphere: January 2024 - A round-up of some SWTOR content by other creators that I found and enjoyed throughout the month

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

New month, new monthly summary! These are the posts I made in February:

Bring Back Kuat Drive Yards! - In which I realise that I really miss KDY and campaign for it to return to the group finder

Kessan's Landing - Thoughts on the new map/daily zone that came with 7.4

Bad Romance - About the strange experience of replaying the Quinn romance after a decade

7.4.1 Dev Stream Highlights & Thoughts - What it says in the title! A new stronghold and date nights, oh my!

Three Months of APAC Life & Waiting for Transfers - About the situation on the Shae Vizla server three months after its launch

Republic Saboteur, Part 3 - Impressions of playing through the latter half of Onslaught and Legacy of the Sith as a Republic saboteur

Around the SWTOR-sphere: February 2024 - I once again share some SWTOR content from other creators that I considered interesting throughout the month

Edited by Tiranea
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Here's what I posted about in March:

Back in My Day: Datacrons - Musings on how datacrons and our relationship with them have and haven't changed over time

Jumping into PvP Season 5 - I enthusiastically throw myself at a new season after more than a month's break and talk about what a different experience it can be on different servers

What Have We Lost? - I take stock of what has changed since the move from Bioware to Broadsword

Patch 7.4.1 Is Here! - Comments on my favourite patch notes

Galactic Season 6 & Reputation - I talk a bit about the changes to reputation that came with GS6 and that the devs forgot to announce

Persistent Pet Pals At Last! - I celebrate a decade-old bug finally getting fixed

Shintar's Galactic Season 6 Diary, Week 1 - Insight into what it can be like to aim for 7/7 weekly objectives completed on all servers

Drop In: Mek-Sha - I visit some strongholds for seasons and comment on them

Date Night With Theron and Arcann - My thoughts on the two date nights I was able to access so far

Shintar's Galactic Season 6 Diary, Week 2 - Another week of seasons objectives across all servers

Around the SWTOR-sphere: March 2024 - Once again I share some links of interesting SWTOR content I encountered throughout the month

• Like 1