That Star Wars Anime you have been waiting for

jarjarloves

Very nice animation. Sucks its fan made, would totally watch a Star Wars show like that. Enough with this 3D/computer animated crap(not saying that I don't like the CW show now I do but still), go back to the older styles of animation.

3D/computer animation, just doesn't work for a lot of cartoons. Also they need to actually start bringing back the dark grit/death of shows, enough with the pansy rainbow crap. The CW show have done right so far, having characters die, showing dark themes with nice plot in them.

Only thing that bothers me about the video(and no not being sexist) is that theres a female TIE pilot, there were hardly any females in the Empire due to the way it was structured. Yes I suppose there were some pilots, and even worse some stormtroopers...but there shouldn't be, why the EU changed this I have no idea.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Very nice animation. Sucks its fan made, would totally watch a Star Wars show like that. Enough with this 3D/computer animated crap(not saying that I don't like the CW show now I do but still), go back to the older styles of animation.

3D/computer animation, just doesn't work for a lot of cartoons. Also they need to actually start bringing back the dark grit/death of shows, enough with the pansy rainbow crap. The CW show have done right so far, having characters die, showing dark themes with nice plot in them.

Only thing that bothers me about the video(and no not being sexist) is that theres a female TIE pilot, there were hardly any females in the Empire due to the way it was structured. Yes I suppose there were some pilots, and even worse some stormtroopers...but there shouldn't be, why the EU changed this I have no idea.

Warning: The posters in the link are really skimpy.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Recruitment#Canonicity

I know the fly for the empire poster is mainly female to attract male recruits but it still suggests that females flew. These comics are from people that worked on Revenge of the Sith so I consider them borderline film and EU if that makes any sense, I know there isn't such a canon level but they worked on the film and had some level of interaction with George Lucas (granted that a few of these aren't canon).

I know the fly for the empire poster is mainly female to attract male recruits but it still suggests that females flew. These comics are from people that worked on Revenge of the Sith so I consider them borderline film and EU if that makes any sense, I know there isn't such a canon level but they worked on the film and had some level of interaction with George Lucas (granted that a few of these aren't canon).

That doesn't really show that females flew, the Empire could have just hired a model or what have you. I mean its just females being in the Galactic Empire, kinda negates the whole structure of what it is.

A cold, lifeless place, devoid of any goodness or nurturing figures. Its further spoken of in the whole Star Wars Legacy Revealed documentary(or its in one of the documentary). But as said, I don't mind it...but them being TIE pilots and stormtroopers just goes against the Empire's foundation and all that.

Edit: Wait found it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCHNnWgwJS0&feature=player_detailpage#t=4424s

Now of course that documentary more then likely was made after the EU was put down. But even so, they talk of the Empire being cold, violent, etc....so why would the EU put woman into the Empire? Ya I know that woman can be cold and violent too....but for the most part, that seems pretty rare being that woman are usually shown as those who are caring, nice, beautiful, etc etc the complete opposite of man.

As said, I don't mind it but the way I look at it. It doesn't make sense. I'll stop myself though, so as not to look like a sexist when I don't mean to or have the intent to be.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

As said, I don't mind it but the way I look at it. It doesn't make sense. I'll stop myself though, so as not to look like a sexist when I don't mean to or have the intent to be.

I am not taking it as that and no one should, there simply aren't any women in the military in the films. I know the posters were done for sex appeal but it would mean that there would have to be some women in the military otherwise the men would know better.

I understand what you are saying though. The Empire was a very sexist and speciest entity and you had to be marginally better than the men or humans to be accepted into it and promoted, early works in the EU proved this with Daala, Thrawn and Issard (spelling?). The video also showed only one female and her flying was amazing when she was flying on that asteroid or whatever and it was really narrow. I wish I could watch the video again to refresh my memory but it was taken down.

Edited by Tuscad

I still find it amusing that Wookieepedia actually has an entire page written about breasts in the SW universe... it's linked to on that page you posted... lol

Kasan Moor was a Lieutenant of the 128th Tie Interceptor squadron before she defected to Rogue Squadron. We all know Natasi Daala and Ysanne Isard and Juno Eclipse. Females in the Empire exist...it's just one of those easily explained absences in movies. They weren't necessary to the plot so they don't appear.

Though personally I wish the Empire was more like the I.M.P.S. Fan Series than the Canon Version TBH... That ATST on the Davenport Gateway Kicks ***!

I remember when I first saw these posters.... :D:rak_04:

Canon Jockeys be darned. Female pilots or no female pilots, I would pay full price to see a feature length version of that.

Makes me miss my days in SWG as a proud Imperial Pilot. Imperial technology and architecture is pretty fricken sweet.

The first character in the X-Wing reminded of me of Speed Racer. Kind of ruined the whole thing and made even more epic, all at the same time.

"Ha-ha-look-at-my-determined-face-as-I-fly-my-X-Wing-into-battle-ha-ha-now-I-must-go-engage-those-TIE-fighters-while-dodging-missiles-ha-ha"

"bah-hah-I-am-a-Sith-commander-bah-hah-look-at-my-blond-hair-it-is-slicked-back-so-it-stays-out-of-my-eyes-bah-hah"

...and so on.

-Macheath.

I fail to see how TCW show is destroying Star Wars.

Really? REALLY?

Where do I even begin?

Let's start with the pacification of the Mandalorians. Mandalorians would have never converted to pacifism, mostly because they're nomadic farmers, not a society. They're not ruled by a dutchess, a queen, an archduke, a count, a countess, a marquis, a king, an emperor, an empress- they're ruled by a Mand'alor.

Asajj Ventress- well, WELL established she is of Rattataki descent, but suddenly, just to tickle his own fancy, Dave Filoni converts her to a Dathomiri Nightsister, thus nullifying established cannon.

How about General Grievous? He was always supposed to be a cold, calculating villain, not the screaming, whining, impotent moron he is in The Clone Wars.

Adi Gallia and Eeth Koth were ESTABLISHED as DEAD. Yet the Clone Wars has them running hither and thither for no reason what so ever.

Darth Maul- this totally galls me. NO ONE, no matter how 'strong in the Force' (and Darth Maul wasn't. It's established he was NOTHING but a TOOL) would survive being cut in half and then falling hundreds of meters. He's D-E-A-D. He's not even a good character. He's a rambling, pathetic stereotype of how people think Sith ought to be. Not the covert, secretive, manipulative Sith, but some snarling, unimpressive imbecile.

Anakin's constant whining, his 'I'm awesome' attitude (well, he was like that in the movie, too)

Darth Sidious fighting Darth Maul. No, no, no, no. Stupid, idiotic, and just plain fruity. Darth Sidious was the pennicle of the Dark Lords of the Sith. He doesn't run around the galaxy killing people- in fact, it's he who says the future of the Sith will hinge on political cunning, not brute aggression.

Jar Jar Binks. Enough stated.

Ahsoka Tano- a whiny, two-bit brat who makes no sense and doesn't fit into the Star Wars continuity one bit.

All in all: The total ignorance of established lore, good novels, comics and so on that have been overturned. The resurrection of Darth Maul (just one stupid choice in a long line of them), Grievous's failure as a character, the blocky, failed lightsaber fighting, the pacifistic Mandalorians, the plots that don't make sense, Jar Jar.

And don't tell me The Clone Wars is for children. When was the last time a kid was interested in watching the Senate debate deregulation of the banks? And this much violence? Obviously this is meant to be for both kids and adults, and that is why, like the prequels, it fails. Fails hard- but it doesn't just fail on its own. It drags other established cannon down with it. George Lucas must be sniffing something good to lavish this many millions of dollars on Dave Filoni's failure.

Rest in Peace, Star Wars. We hardly knew ye.

Really? REALLY?

Where do I even begin?

Let's start with the pacification of the Mandalorians. Mandalorians would have never converted to pacifism, mostly because they're nomadic farmers, not a society. They're not ruled by a dutchess, a queen, an archduke, a count, a countess, a marquis, a king, an emperor, an empress- they're ruled by a Mand'alor.

Asajj Ventress- well, WELL established she is of Rattataki descent, but suddenly, just to tickle his own fancy, Dave Filoni converts her to a Dathomiri Nightsister, thus nullifying established cannon.

How about General Grievous? He was always supposed to be a cold, calculating villain, not the screaming, whining, impotent moron he is in The Clone Wars.

Adi Gallia and Eeth Koth were ESTABLISHED as DEAD. Yet the Clone Wars has them running hither and thither for no reason what so ever.

Darth Maul- this totally galls me. NO ONE, no matter how 'strong in the Force' (and Darth Maul wasn't. It's established he was NOTHING but a TOOL) would survive being cut in half and then falling hundreds of meters. He's D-E-A-D. He's not even a good character. He's a rambling, pathetic stereotype of how people think Sith ought to be. Not the covert, secretive, manipulative Sith, but some snarling, unimpressive imbecile.

Anakin's constant whining, his 'I'm awesome' attitude (well, he was like that in the movie, too)

Darth Sidious fighting Darth Maul. No, no, no, no. Stupid, idiotic, and just plain fruity. Darth Sidious was the pennicle of the Dark Lords of the Sith. He doesn't run around the galaxy killing people- in fact, it's he who says the future of the Sith will hinge on political cunning, not brute aggression.

Jar Jar Binks. Enough stated.

Ahsoka Tano- a whiny, two-bit brat who makes no sense and doesn't fit into the Star Wars continuity one bit.

All in all: The total ignorance of established lore, good novels, comics and so on that have been overturned. The resurrection of Darth Maul (just one stupid choice in a long line of them), Grievous's failure as a character, the blocky, failed lightsaber fighting, the pacifistic Mandalorians, the plots that don't make sense, Jar Jar.

And don't tell me The Clone Wars is for children. When was the last time a kid was interested in watching the Senate debate deregulation of the banks? And this much violence? Obviously this is meant to be for both kids and adults, and that is why, like the prequels, it fails. Fails hard- but it doesn't just fail on its own. It drags other established cannon down with it. George Lucas must be sniffing something good to lavish this many millions of dollars on Dave Filoni's failure.

Rest in Peace, Star Wars. We hardly knew ye.

Um.....While I agree with the Mandalorians and Grievous....... F*** New Mandalorians and F*** Pre Viszla and his Death Watch

Adi Gallia was alive during the time period TCW takes place in it only near the end is she killed by Grievous....though I'm pretty sure Savage Opress is going to kill her in TCW from what I've heard so...."Free Ammunition".

Eeth Koth was a character killed off screen....so I don't really care if they brought him back.

Anakin not whining....are you serious that's one the perks of the show....would you rather he whine?