Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Forced transfer to high pop. 16 slotted servers ?

BadOrb

Well it sure looks like the caps on character slots are going to be 16 characters per server. So if anyone had characters on two separate servers of the same nature ( PVP , PVE , RP , RP-PVP ) in the same location ( EAST , WEST , ATLANTIC or EU ) will lose one of their legacy names. I have two legacies because obviously there are 16 advanced classes. So I guess I will have to accept that I will lose one legacy name.

On a more positive note , it looks likely that all the remaining 25 servers will have a higher population and will thrive. One thing I will mention is if someone has more than 16 characters be very careful as who knows where your characters above the 16 will be after we are forced moved , that's only if you have more than 16 that could be moved from their origin servers to their names destination server.

Any thoughts on this ? I know for one that my friend will not be happy as he doesn't want 16 characters on Ebon Hawk ( for example ). How about you guys ?

EDIT :- It seems that the max characters is 12 per server and because I was on two servers , hoping to get to 16 advanced classes , then I'm not happy at all. 12 on 1 server and 4 on another ? This is a joke and I'm not going to accept it . Ok so I would accept my other 8 characters to go anywhere but those extra 4 slots , i will not accept them to be on one server of 12 and another of 4 . Btw it also looks like any characters above 12 ( where the hell did they get 12 from ? just out of thin air ? ) will be locked until yeah i guess when we pay to open those 4 extra slots up. I thought my cartel coins where a gift now it seems like . O have these coins to open your 4 advanced classed characters slots up . Nice one BW really love the gift , o its all spent , how quaint.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it sure looks like the caps on character slots are going to be 16 characters per server. So if anyone had characters on two separate servers of the same nature ( PVP , PVE , RP , RP-PVP ) in the same location ( EAST , WEST , ATLANTIC or EU ) will lose one of their legacy names. I have two legacies because obviously there are 16 advanced classes. So I guess I will have to accept that I will lose one legacy name.

On a more positive note , it looks likely that all the remaining 25 servers will have a higher population and will thrive. One thing I will mention is if someone has more than 16 characters be very careful as who knows where your characters above the 16 will be after we are forced moved , that's only if you have more than 16 that could be moved from their origin servers to their names destination server.

Any thoughts on this ? I know for one that my friend will not be happy as he doesn't want 16 characters on Ebon Hawk ( for example ). How about you guys ?

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Source?

From what I "see" the login screen was adjusted to visibly show up to 4 more characters (with out scrolling). :cool:

Where did you get the idea thats its going to be 16 slots?

The bets guess I could make is 12 tops. 4 additional slots. Where did you see any info on 16 slots?

However, I'll take as many slots as they will give me. I don't have to use them if I don't want to but at least I could have toons of every AC if I wanted at some point. It's a win win.

I get extra interesting stuff and BW keeps me playing.

Edited by Quraswren

You got me wrong , it's not that he doesn't want 16 slots , it's that he doesn't want to be all on one server. As for the source well if you try the high pop. server you'll see there are a number of character slots out of 16 now not out of 8 , so I'm putting two and two together ( it's very obvious really ). O to change the two sets of 8 you see on the test server there is a page 1 of 2 and 2 of 2 option , hope that helps.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

When logging into the new test server the char selection screen shows x/12. If that holds true on transfer to live new caps will be 12. Probably eventually going to 16 at some point in the future.

I could see subscribers getting 12 slots with the ability to purchase 4 more.

but I bet F2P gamers will only get 6 slots with the ability to buy more.

When logging into the new test server the char selection screen shows x/12. If that holds true on transfer to live new caps will be 12. Probably eventually going to 16 at some point in the future.

O dear I just noticed mine says 16 / 12 errrrrr now I'm gonna cry o dear that makes it really bad , 16 advanced classes squeezing into 12 . Well if that happens I think I might be sick.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

You got me wrong , it's not that he doesn't want 16 slots , it's that he doesn't want to be all on one server. As for the source well if you try the high pop. server you'll see there are a number of character slots out of 16 now not out of 8 , so I'm putting two and two together ( it's very obvious really ). O to change the two sets of 8 you see on the test server there is a page 1 of 2 and 2 of 2 option , hope that helps.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Oh this must be after the last patch. Last night it said 8 of 8 on my primary server for me. This is good news thanks for the clarification. :)

Cheers,

BadOrb.

They actually copied all of the chars on East Coast servers. I had 20 characters across East Coast servers and they copied all of them. So, that number of 16 characters is not anything to go buy as far as extra slots go.

Oh this must be after the last patch. Last night it said 8 of 8 on my primary server for me. This is good news thanks for the clarification. :)

No its only for this new second public test server ( the high population one ) and as a few users have pointed out to me its only 12 and there is no way in hell I will accept this , I will update the OP soon. I was working towards 8 characters on one server and 8 characters on another for a reason , 16 advanced classes , now I am supposed to have 12 and then 4 on another ? Talk about imbalance , I'm flabbergasted .

This is now a petition to give us 16 slots for free or just 8 slots per server , There is no way on earth I'm paying for 4 extra slots and I will call CS every day after the forced moves to explain why.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Actually, the bottom of my character select screen says 20/12 characters. So, if it is an indication of how many char slots we can/will get, the number looks to be 12.

Edit: HERE is what it looks like. Looks like if we can take anything from it, that it would be 12 slots.

Edited by TheBBP

Nope - because your legacy name will come with you, regardless of whether another player is already using it on your destination server. Did you sleep through that whole fracas?

Actually, the bottom of my character select screen says 20/12 characters. So, if it is an indication of how many char slots we can/will get, the number looks to be 12.

Edit: HERE is what it looks like. Looks like if we can take anything from it, that it would be 12 slots.

Thanks for the screenie. Interesting to see the "multiple pages". :cool:

O dear I just noticed mine says 16 / 12 errrrrr now I'm gonna cry o dear that makes it really bad , 16 advanced classes squeezing into 12 . Well if that happens I think I might be sick.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

I would be highly surprised if F2P players get more than 1 slot for free. Character slots are big money makers for F2P MMOs I imagine.

I'm thinking they will get 4, and the option to purchase more slots. 4 gives them 4 primary classes from one faction on a server if that's the way they want to use them.

I bet they give them 2 slots. Not a single F2P game Ive ever played gives enough slots to even try all the classes.

EQ2 - 2 slots for free accounts, 4 classes (25 sub classes)

CO - 2 slots for free account, 8 archetypes

CoH - 2 slots for free account, 8 archetypes

STO - 2 slots for free account, (never played STO, someone else will have to tell me how many classes)

LotRO - 1 slot per server, but I think you can make a character on each server.

I'm glad we're getting more character slots. Sure, it's only 4 more. But, better then nothing, right?

It's worse , I would have much rather they moved my remaining characters above the magic 8 to another server. So if this happens I will end up with 12 advanced classes on one server and 4 on another ( or on the same one but locked ). I don't really think its fair when we could have 50 characters for free.

I have put off making my last 4 advanced characters for 3 months because of the worry of not knowing where they would end up and now it seems I will be stuck , not being able to make my last 4 characters until F2P hits in November ( i guess we will get our cartel coins then ). So now I have to waste another few weeks and then have to use my cartel coins to buy the 4 final slots , I'm what is commonly known as gutted!

Cheers,

BadOrb.

I bet they give them 2 slots. Not a single F2P game Ive ever played gives enough slots to even try all the classes.

EQ2 - 2 slots for free accounts, 4 classes (25 sub classes)

CO - 2 slots for free account, 8 archetypes

CoH - 2 slots for free account, 8 archetypes

STO - 2 slots for free account, (never played STO, someone else will have to tell me how many classes)

LotRO - 1 slot per server, but I think you can make a character on each server.

Unless something has changed, lotro is this:

Free players have access to 2 character slots.

Premium players have access to 3 character slots.

VIP players have access to 5 character slots.

All with the ability to get more slots.

I think DCUO gave 4 or 6 slots with the ability to get more.

Nope - because your legacy name will come with you, regardless of whether another player is already using it on your destination server. Did you sleep through that whole fracas?

I'm not stupid mate , I mean I have two legacy names , 2 LEGACY'S ( LEGACIES ) . Do you need me to explain more . Also I read the forums for hours a day. I will end up with one legacy and no way to make my last 4 remaining characters on that server as it seems it will be capped at 12. Maybe wake up and have coffee ?

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Can someone who has more than 12 characters on the high pop. test server clarify something for me. Can you swap in and out characters into the 12 slots at will ? Or are random characters locked above the 12 ? Thank you. If its the latter then god help my group as I know for a fact they have 16 characters eligible to be on a destination server , some of which are solo and others are in a group with myself.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.