Do the Republic know they are at war?

calleverybody

The were fighting The boss on Voss. (hey that rhymed, lol:cool:) Somehow they got flagged I don't know how. Either way i felt like a real Sith in attacking them.

Honestly, that last line right there made it totally ok in my books. Don't get me wrong, I get mad when I am ganked and I'm on Jung Ma (the RP-PVP server) lol. But holy crap... we need more bad guys in this game. I'm so sick of the care bear baddies running around that want to play through the story as a DS Sith but then don't want to act like one. BE AN EVIL JERK ONCE IN A WHILE! It livens things up a bit.

Glad you had fun. And since you enjoyed the open world pvp, I would say to try out a pvp server if you have the time. It adds an extra element when you gotta watch your back and it's always more exciting to see some one of the opposite faction (even if you don't end up fighting.)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am discussing what a great time i had last night, playing the game of SWTOR . or should i be bashing the game and stating whats wrong with it . would that be better for you?

And yes i felt awesome, we are at war !!! Hello they are the Enemy no matter what.

They why are you not on a PVP server? Could be the coward in you for that flag control?

I totally get the feeling that someone who hunts for flagged PVEers has zero interest in fighting those ready to fight him back.

I didn't get the feeling he actively hunts for them but more-so that he happened upon them? He might very much enjoy fighting people who are ready to fight back. Unless I missed a post somewhere where he said otherwise of course. >_<

I didn't get the feeling he actively hunts for them but more-so that he happened upon them? He might very much enjoy fighting people who are ready to fight back. Unless I missed a post somewhere where he said otherwise of course. >_<

It was simple math. He talks about how fun it was to fight other players, yet he is on a PVE server. He added that they had just fought a world boss, indicating that they were likely not at full strength. I just don't think that he has any real interest in PVP, his interests lie in happening upon unsuspecting PVPers who were flagged due to the group mechanic bug. Otherwise, he would be on a PVP server having fun all of the time fighting other players.

It was simple math. He talks about how fun it was to fight other players, yet he is on a PVE server. He added that they had just fought a world boss, indicating that they were likely not at full strength. I just don't think that he has any real interest in PVP, his interests lie in happening upon unsuspecting PVPers who were flagged due to the group mechanic bug. Otherwise, he would be on a PVP server having fun all of the time fighting other players.

I see what you're saying but it could be he never thought he would like PVP and this endeavor showed him otherwise? I never thought I liked PVP and only started doing it in TOR to join a specific guild. Turns out I do like it quite a bit and it made me wonder what I've been missin out on all this time. :jawa_frown: Other players in the guild said the same thing as well. I don't think it's entirely unlikely that this is the case for him too.

For me, the big part that stood out was that he happened upon them and wasn't out hunting for them. If he was actively searching for flagged players, especially unsuspecting ones that are fighting a mob, I would 100% agree with you.

If you are flagged prepare to be attacked, that simple. All those who place ridiculous rules on how and when you should attack flagged players are simply cry-babies. A common saying but its certain truth...Red=Dead....and if you can't handle it, don't play at it.:cool:

So if I'm to understand correctly, the group was already flagged (possible by another knobby Imp running into AoE fire and thereby flagging the entire group) and were engaged in combat with a world boss, and then the OP and his friends rushed in to kill them.

First of all, I'm sure the world boss killed them. You're like one of those douchebags who stands in front of the TV or covers his friends eyes while he's fighting a boss in a console game; that's all. Secondly, coming immediately to the forums to tell everybody about it is bragging.

It's great that you enjoyed yourself, but unfortunately you ARE a douchebag.

So if I'm to understand correctly, the group was already flagged (possible by another knobby Imp running into AoE fire and thereby flagging the entire group) and were engaged in combat with a world boss, and then the OP and his friends rushed in to kill them.

First of all, I'm sure the world boss killed them. You're like one of those douchebags who stands in front of the TV or covers his friends eyes while he's fighting a boss in a console game; that's all. Secondly, coming immediately to the forums to tell everybody about it is bragging.

It's great that you enjoyed yourself, but unfortunately you ARE a douchebag.

You summed up what we have been saying quite nicely. +10 :D

I always expect to get attacked every time I get flagged one way or another. Main reason why i carry a pvp and a pve set of armor on me at all times. That way if I do end up getting flagged, i could just swap into my pvp armor at any given time. Then i just send a couple tells to some friends saying "open world pvp... X spot, come get some", they tell their friends and so on and so fourth. Makes for some great fun.

even if they(the republics) are on a pve server and engaged in combat with a world boss, if they are pvp flagged they are fair targets. Exept ofc. if some flagged imp player runs in and deliberately get them flagged. I doubt the whole raid were flagged though, so i´m not sure how to feel about it. On some level i like it, it´s so rare to encounter open world pvp so even a pve player like myself probably wouldn´t mind getting attacked by some imp scum while on a world boss.

I am discussing what a great time i had last night, playing the game of SWTOR . or should i be bashing the game and stating whats wrong with it . would that be better for you?

And yes i felt awesome, we are at war !!! Hello they are the Enemy no matter what.

Are you that Ilum griefer?

I kill them when I have a chance. I usually let them finish killing an NPC first (unless I REALLY want them dead), but if they run into another NPC in mid combat with me, that's there problem. Same if I run into an NPC of theirs; I do what any sane Jedi would: I kill them all. Edited by Anysao