Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Character Transfers - How can BW be so Inept?

Graydon

Its been nearly half a year since Bioware began the character transfer program:

No new information since then. No plan presented to the community. Is it really that difficult? The lack of information just leads me to believe BW still cannot figure out how to implement a Paid Character Transfer service.

BW, I can give you guys some phone numbers to all the other MMO's that have successfully implemented this service. Maybe they can help you guys out.

Psst, some of these companies generate revenue with this service! True Story.

No new information since then. No plan presented to the community. Is it really that difficult? The lack of information just leads me to believe BW still cannot figure out how to implement a Paid Character Transfer service.

BW, I can give you guys some phone numbers to all the other MMO's that have successfully implemented this service. Maybe they can help you guys out.

By what Star do you recon time?

We've been working as fast as we can to create a viable Character Transfer Service and we appreciate your patience as we've worked to create it. The good news is that the wait is almost over. We're in the final stretch of testing the service, and our release is now June 12th, 2012. Game Update 1.3 will be along not too long afterwards. We hope that the character transfer and the Group Finder will help everyone experience the full array of content available in Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

How is 12June2012 half a year ago?

:rolleyes:

Try turning the sarcasm off and maybe, just maybe you'll get an answer.

But I can hear the cries already, 'Bioware never has anything to say anyway and I'm not always sarcastic and those 'constructive' posts didn't get any responses either.'

Yeah, I'll just bet those other posts were constructive. Whatever..................

Edited by uziforyou

Lol half a year.

You realize it took those other companies (like WoW) more than half a year to finally implement that service? Make that a few years of people constantly on the forums suggesting and begging for it.

Then, it finally comes out and the players who weren't involved in that process (the suggesting, asking for updates, etc)

Think it was just some feature that was thought up and implemented the next month...

Just because another game has it doesn't mean the devs can just say "yeah let's just copy those guys and have this service ready next week" I imagine it's more complicated than that...

Move away troll. Half a year...... Go to school instead of playing....

did these events occur half a year ago?

What does this have to do with Bioware having problems regarding character transfers?

Should we give them another 6 months?

And yes, players started rolling characters on new servers at the behest of Bioware staff in response to the rapid decline of server populations. More than 6 months ago.

So keep your head in the sand, but you are not helping your game.

He is right outside of the time he put, BW/EA/Monkey In charge etc etc etc has been late to act on every issue.

BW communicated that transfers would be finalized by the end of the summer. Technically they have until next Friday 21Sep2012 to hit that mark.

From the few things they have said (they never get specific), it seems like what they are planning to do is add 8 additional character slots to each destination server and force move any remaining characters off of the origin servers to their already designated destinations.

Paid transfers will be then be released with F2P launch.

Of course this is all just conjecture.

:cool:

BW communicated that transfers would be finalized by the end of the summer. Technically they have until next Friday 21Sep2012 to hit that mark.

At the current rate of the progressing right they will have 2-3 more phases of transfers done by next friday....

From the few things they have said (they never get specific), it seems like what they are planning to do is add 8 additional character slots to each destination server and force move any remaining characters off of the origin servers to their already designated destinations.

Paid transfers will be then be released with F2P launch.

Of course this is all just conjecture.

Where did you get the 8 slot figure? I haven't seen anything "official". I hope you are right! :)

Where did you get the 8 slot figure? I haven't seen anything "official". I hope you are right! :)

They haven't said it, but it's the only method that takes care of the people who filled two Origin servers that went to the same Destination and lets BW do forced transfers even for people who aren't currently playing the game.

Remember they said they would never delete any characters and they recently changed the UI for the character select screen. It now looks like it could possibly have tabs added to it pretty easily.

Edited by Blackavaar

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.