21 Shadow Consular - Im not liking it.

Circled

Like I said if you feel that ss is the way you want to play then have at it. Its not a wrong way to play just not the way i would want someone on my pvp team or in a flashpoint playing. If we had some sort of dps counter then this whole thing could be solved and put on paper with numbers.

Actually, it depends on the build. If he's rolling Shadow Infiltration, then it makes sense for him to open with SS. Since my Shadow's build is primarily Kinetic/Balance, he pretty much spams Double Strike and Project.

And /signed on the need for a better UI that shows our procs.

I am loving the class. Loved it in beta too.

I know this might sound silly to say but don't be afraid to take some of the skills off the bars if you feel they are useless to you right now. You can always put them back on the bars if needed. Also binding some of your key skills like stealth or project to a key / mouse button can save a lot of space also.

Have a go at some key bindings and try it out. You can always revert it back if needed. If you haven't done key bindings before. Maybe start with one or two abilities to bind, get used to using those major skills, then add more later.

I've just started to key bind for the first time. It helps a lot with space on your action bars.

Actually, it depends on the build. If he's rolling Shadow Infiltration, then it makes sense for him to open with SS. Since my Shadow's build is primarily Kinetic/Balance, he pretty much spams Double Strike and Project.

And /signed on the need for a better UI that shows our procs.

I think it's not wise to pen with SS because of it's force cost so you need to proc your 1st tire (forgot the nzme) talent wich grants less force cost and ignoring 50% ignoring armor. on 1 target i usually open with force potency + pebbles to proc shadow then act accroding to circumstanec try to get behind and use ss. but it's just me

Having a lot of fun with my shadow, currently level 24.

It is a bit of a pain having so many skills, especially as you don't need most of them. I'm determined to become a good pvper in this game, I've always done alright in the past but i was a clicker. I've turned to keybinding and it is working great, I win most 1v1s in pvp with the exception of some high level opponants (mainly agents).

The key, as others have said, is finding a good rotation to keep up a steady output of DPS. SS is not the best of skills unless you have the find weakness proc. Its hard to see but once you get used to it you'll spot it a lot.

Personally, I stick to the double-strike -> double-strike -> project rotation mostly, keeps up good DPS. I use Force Breach every time it is off cooldown, this has turned into one of my hardest hitting skills when it crits. Use Force Potency whenever it is off cooldown and enjoy some epic crits off Project and FB. I use SS only when I get find weakness proc. So, thats only 6 skills I use for my DPS rotation (basic attack, project, ds, fb, ss, potency).

The rest is all about utility. I must admit, I don't use my taunt as often as I should. However, you've got lots of CC so hotkey them all. Most targets in pvp will use their recovery skill the instant they get stunned, so use your short duration stun first then immediately queue up the big stun. Keep them slowed once you get your slow. Your sprint and force cloak is also your lifesaver, especially in Void Star. A quick sprint to the nearest health pickup and you're good to go!

Definitely looking forwards to getting higher levels and also to christmas, have a new mouse coming from the misses which has more than two buttons lol, should allow me to keybind a few more skills to make things even easier.