Any word on paid server transfers?

Xanikk

Long story short, all my toons are on the fat man except one, my jedi knight who is level 30 on Canderous Ordo.

I don't want to roll another JK just to experience the rest of his story so I was hoping I could get a bioware response for when you guys will allow us to pay to transfer toons to another server.

You would think EA would be all over these microtransactions such as paid server transfers and paid name changes.. guess not though.

Edited by Xanikk

The only recent comments I've heard is that it will happen after the forced transfers take place, which I think it sounded like that should be happening this month. Which isn't to say that paid transfers will be coming immediately afterwards.

The only recent comments I've heard is that it will happen after the forced transfers take place, which I think it sounded like that should be happening this month. Which isn't to say that paid transfers will be coming immediately afterwards.

Well that's disappointing. It's kind of odd EA didn't want this sooner to capitalize on the $.

You do know it took WoW, for example, a few years before this was ever an option, yes?

To be fair, this isn't an in-game system. As far as I can tell, this is something that deals with just taking information from one server to the next. I can't imagine it's difficult, especially when they've already done it. Furthermore, it's expected that BioWare will charge for this service (which I find ridiculous), so it makes more sense for this to be a top 5 priority right now since BioWare Austin is struggling right now. It could certainly use the injection of cash.

More importantly, there are players that are seriously perturbed that this feature isn't here yet. BioWare's teased that it's coming soon, it's coming soon, and it's coming soon, but it's been month since the free transfers and we've got nothing. I don't see why it has to wait until after the mergers either. Opening transfers will probably just give them a better glimpse at which servers need to be merged into anyway. Doing the mergers and then allowing open transfers means that they'll be doing the mergers with false information and statistics. There aren't actually X amount of people going to be on that server once they open the transfers. It could save a lot of problems down the line if people are going to start abandoning certain servers.

I rerolled a 27 for a change of hairstyle and rename. It does not take long to make the levels up, if you prefer not to wait.

You do know it took WoW, for example, a few years before this was ever an option, yes?

And wow has been around how long now? At leat 8 years.

What excuse does bioware have to not have this in place by now? Did they not research the market and other MMO features when making this game? Apparently not. It seems they didn't copy WoW enough and yes they were going for a WoW clone.

Long story short, all my toons are on the fat man except one, my jedi knight who is level 30 on Canderous Ordo.

I don't want to roll another JK just to experience the rest of his story so I was hoping I could get a bioware response for when you guys will allow us to pay to transfer toons to another server.

You would think EA would be all over these microtransactions such as paid server transfers and paid name changes.. guess not though.

While I am waiting for paid transfers as well, if you are JUST after the story, you don't need a transfer to do that.

wonder if the folks that make and administer TOR just gave up? i know at my job when it get's stressful and overwhelming and nothing is going right sometimes we just throw in the towel. we just go into punitive work slow-down mode, don't care, curse folks out and make a general nuisance of ourselves. this can last a day, several days or even longer. if i invented a videogame and anything i changed or created met with hate and complaints at the same time my company was laying and firing all my friends and coworkers; i dont know how motivated i would be to keep fighting and plugging away

Well I asked for the possebility of getting my toons transfered from a dead server too a server that my friends are gaming on, and my response was that is was not possible at the moment.(From Sith'ari too The Tomb of Freedon Nadd.) this is a HUIGE letdown for me, and I really hope it will be possible soon, cause I really wanna keep playing this game, but I don't wanna go trhough the same classes one more time. (P.S. I would welcome a paying transfer, as long as I get my toons too the server I want.)

As we know, this is a popular issue and many are frustrated because we haven't gotten a response.

I have several toons on a dead server, and I can't transfer them because my destination server is full.

When I recently played on the dead server, I often saw messages saying that it will merge servers by the end of the summer.

Now, I don't see those messages anymore when I play on the dead server.

I'm guessing that any plans for server mergers and any other transfer plans are further delayed.

You do realize that the ability to transfer is already in place? And that we've already used it? All they need to do is open up more servers to transfer to.

I've already used tickets to transfer between servers that aren't available to transfer too on their own. It's 100% in place, they're just sitting on their hands.