Is this a Rumor (not a troll attempt, really)

islander

I heard from a guildmate last night that they are actually implementing a second round of server merges soon from the existing ones we have now. Claimed he read it on reddit.

However, I cant seem to find it.

True or false?

PS: Once I get reasonable confirmation one way or the other, the mods can delete this thread

Edited by islander

the next round consists of forced mergers. all the remaining characters on origin servers will be force-transferred to their destination servers, then the origin servers will be closed.

At some point after that, they will offer paid transfers to any server.

the next round consists of forced mergers. all the remaining characters on origin servers will be force-transferred to their destination servers, then the origin servers will be closed.

At some point after that, they will offer paid transfers to any server.

Oh, so nothing's changed then.

I think that there is a misunderstanding. At some point soon, characters remaining on servers slated for closure will be automatically transferred to populated servers. This has been in the plans for quite a while now. They have been talking about it in terms of "this Fall", with no certain date, meaning when it is ready to go and they have everything squared away that they need to do to make it happen.

It is the truth. They are making them the TRUE mega servers and it will all be done so there will be a crap load of people on every server :) And like others have said they are closing origin servers. I think though in the future they will merge into bigger ones. Ya never know anymore ;) Edited by Sarfux

Looks like the others in the thread have explained what's going on, but I'll confirm that the plan is that we will be eventually automatically transferring players to destination servers. After that, more options may become available. We'll update everyone when there are more specifics!

Thank you for answering. Please let me know what will happen to those characters whose account has already all the 8 slots full on the destination server, cause it's my case :(.

IP.S. I always hope there will be a way to add more slots, also by cash shop.

It is the truth. They are making them the TRUE mega servers and it will all be done so there will be a crap load of people on every server :) And like others have said they are closing origin servers. I think though in the future they will merge into bigger ones. Ya never know anymore ;)

If I learned anything from STO, one of the things would be that The One Server To Rule Them All (or soemthing similar) never works out well....but then ago Cryptic / PWE are low-class and BW is much better. :p

We will eventually be increasing the number of character slots available - once we have solid details about this (as with automatic transfers), we'll definitely let everyone know.

If you guys look at the character select screen after this weeks patch, you wil notice that the character list box has been resized smaller (particularly vertically) It now looks like it can be easily expanded with 4 more characters before overgrowing the vertical axis of your screen.

My guess is the forced transfer and extra character slots will coincide in a future patch.

Dude, thats why pretty much everything is instanced with pop limit to an instance - BH, Ilum, Belsavis, Fleet...

Did this help lag?

Only slightly did it help. But add more people and watch the lag get worse.

That is just a fact that band aids do not fix bad ideas.

We will eventually be increasing the number of character slots available - once we have solid details about this (as with automatic transfers), we'll definitely let everyone know.

Interesting choice of words. Used to be "forced transfers by the end of summer", now it is "eventually".

Come on.... really? That's the best plan you have.

If I wanted 16 characters all on the same server under the same Legacy I wouldn't have made toons on a second server.

Please consider a different option such as:

If the origin server being closed has a destination server that has 8 characters already on it for that account, then those 8 toons get transfered to a different destination server.

OR

The next time we log on after the force merge, give us a choice to let those toons go to the destination server we already filled or select a different destination.

If I learned anything from STO, one of the things would be that The One Server To Rule Them All (or soemthing similar) never works out well....but then ago Cryptic / PWE are low-class and BW is much better. :p

Worldwide servers are great fun, there's people doing stuff in every time zone. One of the saddest developments in mmo history is the shift to heavily localized servers that can't even handle 100 active players in the same area.

Edited by RocNessMonster

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.