The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Black Lightsaber Crystal?

Master_McBain

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there ever going to be a Black lightsaber crystal? Something like in The Force Unleashed. I would love if they were put in the game. Maybe as a really rare item.

you might as well just asked for a phaser SW fans dont like black crystals for some reason lol

me personally would love to see them add this

The darksaber was an ancient lightsaber that was stolen by the Mandalorians during a collapse in power of the Galactic Republic. It was passed down through Clan Vizsla, eventually coming into the ownership of Pre Vizsla, a member to the radical Mandalorian splinter group known as the Death Watch. The darksaber would be used by its new master in a duel with Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi on Mandalore's moon, Concordia. Though Vizsla's skill with the darksaber was such that he could fight evenly with Kenobi for a time, the ancient blade could not defend Vizsla from the Jedi Master's Force powers. Only the timely intervention of Vizsla's Death Watch soldiers ensured their leader's victory by forcing Kenobi to retreat.

Unique among other lightsabers, the darksaber possessed a flat, black-colored blade that came to a sharp point much like a traditional vibrosword, rather than the rounded beam of more standard lightsabers. The darksaber also gave off a higher pitched hum when active than more widespread lightsabers were known to make by the time of the Clone Wars.

The darksaber was an ancient lightsaber that was stolen by the Mandalorians during a collapse in power of the Galactic Republic. It was passed down through Clan Vizsla, eventually coming into the ownership of Pre Vizsla, a member to the radical Mandalorian splinter group known as the Death Watch. The darksaber would be used by its new master in a duel with Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi on Mandalore's moon, Concordia. Though Vizsla's skill with the darksaber was such that he could fight evenly with Kenobi for a time, the ancient blade could not defend Vizsla from the Jedi Master's Force powers. Only the timely intervention of Vizsla's Death Watch soldiers ensured their leader's victory by forcing Kenobi to retreat.

Unique among other lightsabers, the darksaber possessed a flat, black-colored blade that came to a sharp point much like a traditional vibrosword, rather than the rounded beam of more standard lightsabers. The darksaber also gave off a higher pitched hum when active than more widespread lightsabers were known to make by the time of the Clone Wars.

yeah, but the Darksaber was unique, nothing like it, Atleast in terms of its design, the crystal itself is more likely White with a black core

To have a black LIGHTsaber is completely off for black is mainly an absence of light. Don't get me wrong, i like the color scheme with it all, but it's just now everyone only wants/has a black color lightsaber in game.

If you have played KOTOR 2, then you should know the 2 color crystals in that game that should be put on here. The Silver crystal, and one of my favorites, the Veridian crystal (dark green is ******). I also mainly want the original looking crystals cause i like to read the lores sometimes and the color of each crystal has a meaning of why that jedi/sith has it.

To find a meaning of orange, purple, silver, veridian, cyan, etc. That's something we should think of........

VERIDIAN

To have a black LIGHTsaber is completely off for black is mainly an absence of light. Don't get me wrong, i like the color scheme with it all, but it's just now everyone only wants/has a black color lightsaber in game.

If you have played KOTOR 2, then you should know the 2 color crystals in that game that should be put on here. The Silver crystal, and one of my favorites, the Veridian crystal (dark green is ******). I also mainly want the original looking crystals cause i like to read the lores sometimes and the color of each crystal has a meaning of why that jedi/sith has it.

To find a meaning of orange, purple, silver, veridian, cyan, etc. That's something we should think of........

VERIDIAN

You're kind of right. Black symbolizes the combination of all colors of the universe. When people say black is the absence of color (light) they mean the colors of light.

So I guess what I want is a DARKsaber, which is in star wars lore.

Edited by Master_McBain

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
yeah, but the Darksaber was unique, nothing like it, Atleast in terms of its design, the crystal itself is more likely White with a black core

As someone already said, there are crystals with a black core and and blue, green, red and yellow crystals. Black core with a white crystal would work. I'd also like a regular black crystal though.

lack lightsabers (full black) are non-fanon

they were added for "coolness" factor and are imo dumb. while some would like them, they dont belong, because they are not fanon, and in this case, fanon wins over canon, becuase canon was made that way to make money.

no black, sorry

You're kind of right. Black symbolizes the combination of all colors of the universe. When people say black is the absence of color (light) they mean the colors of light.

So I guess what I want is a DARKsaber, which is in star wars lore.

And which is wieldable by non-Force-sensitives. That was really the most interresting part about that whole thing.